What song are you listening to right now?

Lupe, ye, and P we almost could of had an album...
like j cole and k dot...

but thats never going to happen
Lupe talked this last year I believe. “Child Rebel Soldiers” was their name I believe? It was more of an idea than execution since they recorded very little material; I believe not much of a handful of idea. It made me feel better he said that, personally :lol:

You gotta go back to that Cole album though. This is the best he’s been as rapper. Had me go back to some other projects, and Cole’s music is honestly ageing well. KOD definitely sounds better with the time it’s gotten.

Lupe talked this last year I believe. “Child Rebel Soldiers” was their name I believe? It was more of an idea than execution since they recorded very little material; I believe not much of a handful of idea. It made me feel better he said that, personally :lol:

You gotta go back to that Cole album though. This is the best he’s been as rapper. Had me go back to some other projects, and Cole’s music is honestly ageing well. KOD definitely sounds better with the time it’s gotten.

Yeah, I remember that interview. From what I remember Lupe was the one mostly pushing for it, he even said on an old interview that kanye had to lay his verse down late for that US placers track because he was doing the GOOD Friday stuff. But your're right, it was heavily idea based, and i think it's always the conflicting schedules and not enough importance to do it.

Plus lupe also was behind "All city chess club" which grouped together: roth, hamilton, blu, wale, B.O.B, diggy, cole, cool kids.... which was like a couple tracks and then fizzled.

I'll sit with the cole album and listen. i remember when cole first came back from the shadows with the locs looking like he'd been meditating for 5 hours a day. His flow elevated to mastery levels, like he over-stood his style and how to place everything where he wanted. So, I def know his ability, but idk i played it in gym, and just kept playing it there, and never gave it a chance outside the gym.

one of my favorite cole project is "The warm up"... Crazy how hard we go in, when we don't have something we really want yet..

This version is better to me. The one thing I don't like about 'Thriller' is the word "thriller" :lol: It'a hard to disassociate from the music video. I don't want to think about Zombie Mic when I'm tryna have a good time.

It's that strong groove that carries it over, but for them to think bigger and have the vision to expand it with a horror theme is genius. If they kept it, it would've been like a "Off The Wall/Give Me the Night Pt. 2".

Back
Top Bottom