What song are you listening to right now?

Their first album is flames. Used to run this joint all the time.
I didn't really start following them until 2008 but knew most of their songs without knowing them as a band. I was heavy into hip and R&B at the time but after high school, I starting youtubing and downloading all of the songs from other genres that I liked and came across them. "Songs About Jane" sounds less pop(y) and more funky/jazzy/organic than some of their recent albums. I remember "Sunday Morning" being the cover song for like 5 movies, good memories.:lol:

I didn't really start following them until 2008 but knew most of their songs without knowing them as a band. I was heavy into hip and R&B at the time but after high school, I starting youtubing and downloading all of the songs from other genres that I liked and came across them. "Songs About Jane" sounds less pop(y) and more funky/jazzy/organic than some of their recent albums. I remember "Sunday Morning" being the cover song for like 5 movies, good memories.:lol:
Yeah, I never got into any of their albums after this for the exact reason you stated. It became pop music.

Had same issue with Lyfe Jennings. Loved his first album. Hated the rest.

Back
Top Bottom