Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

also Ben Wallace with the Pistons

4 all stars from that year. tashaun bieng the odd man out

They weren't allstars in 04 statman

did u not see 3 other ppl correct me?
laugh.gif

it was the same "core" regardless . i doubt anyone can make a case for ben wallace carrying 4 role players to the chip.

i should re-word it "Perennial All-Stars" <--more what im looking for

Jordan in 98'
hakeem 95'
duncan 03'
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by 2o6

They weren't allstars in 04 statman

did u not see 3 other ppl correct me?
laugh.gif

it was the same "core" regardless . i doubt anyone can make a case for ben wallace carrying 4 role players to the chip.

i should re-word it "Perennial All-Stars" <--more what im looking for

Jordan in 98'
hakeem 95'
duncan 03'
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

the year that detroit won it, ben wallace as the only All-star. the year after was the year they had 4 all-stars.

No they didn't. Two years after they won it, they had four all-stars.

Anyway, the Ben Wallace example shows how stupid it is to praise a player for having won a championship because he technically didn't have an all-star. Just because someone didn't technically have an all-star on his team doesn't mean it wasn't a great team.

Another great example is Jordan's first championship. Technically, Michael Jordan won his first 91 championship without an all-star. For whatever reason, Scottie Pippen didn't make it that particular year. He was an all-star the previous year in 1990, even though he was significantly better in 1991. Pippen's 1991 playoff run is the best playoff run of his career. The digits:

21.6 ppg on .504
8.9 rpg
5.8 apg
2.47 spg
1.12 bpg

over 17 playoff games. Yet he wasn't an all-star that year.

But I know what this thread is about and I'll say that Hakeem's 94 championship is the closest one to a player winning it all by himself, especially considering the teams he met in the playoffs. And it's really not a great time to make this thread after Terry bailed Dirk out last night.

Originally Posted by 2o6

the year that detroit won it, ben wallace as the only All-star. the year after was the year they had 4 all-stars.

No they didn't. Two years after they won it, they had four all-stars.

Anyway, the Ben Wallace example shows how stupid it is to praise a player for having won a championship because he technically didn't have an all-star. Just because someone didn't technically have an all-star on his team doesn't mean it wasn't a great team.

Another great example is Jordan's first championship. Technically, Michael Jordan won his first 91 championship without an all-star. For whatever reason, Scottie Pippen didn't make it that particular year. He was an all-star the previous year in 1990, even though he was significantly better in 1991. Pippen's 1991 playoff run is the best playoff run of his career. The digits:

21.6 ppg on .504
8.9 rpg
5.8 apg
2.47 spg
1.12 bpg

over 17 playoff games. Yet he wasn't an all-star that year.

But I know what this thread is about and I'll say that Hakeem's 94 championship is the closest one to a player winning it all by himself, especially considering the teams he met in the playoffs. And it's really not a great time to make this thread after Terry bailed Dirk out last night.

They need to focus on reading and reading comprehension more in schools.

They need to focus on reading and reading comprehension more in schools.

Originally Posted by JJA89

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

jordan '98

Huh? Pippen and Rodman ring bells? Those are superstar players. 
Kobe '09

Shaq '06

Well Jordan was the only bulls rep at the asg that year
laugh.gif
Yeah, but I'm saying, Jordan technically didn't have two "all star" team mates that year due to them not being in the all star weekend, but they were HOF Superstar level players. 
Which is why I don't believe Jordan counts. 

But hey, maybe I didn't fully process the question, due to the late night surfing. I should have been sleep anyways. 

Originally Posted by JJA89

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

jordan '98

Huh? Pippen and Rodman ring bells? Those are superstar players. 
Kobe '09

Shaq '06

Well Jordan was the only bulls rep at the asg that year
laugh.gif
Yeah, but I'm saying, Jordan technically didn't have two "all star" team mates that year due to them not being in the all star weekend, but they were HOF Superstar level players. 
Which is why I don't believe Jordan counts. 

But hey, maybe I didn't fully process the question, due to the late night surfing. I should have been sleep anyways. 

I've looked through NBA history the answer is Hakeem, Duncan, Walton and now Dirk.

You could say Magic that year he one with a 42 year old Kareem, but to mee this is more proof that C>any OTHER POSITION.

I've looked through NBA history the answer is Hakeem, Duncan, Walton and now Dirk.

You could say Magic that year he one with a 42 year old Kareem, but to mee this is more proof that C>any OTHER POSITION.

Back
Top Bottom