What Tap Water Looks Like

brita1.jpg

:pimp:

This what we use everytime I back home in Africa, cuz that water is no joke.

But in the DMV I've been drinking tap water for the last 20 years with no prob.

as someone who drinks bottle water exclusively...
this vid is a load of ****. probably some stupid propaganda nonsense. this man is the only man with a water filter who actually changed it...
nobodys water looks like that :rolleyes
youtube comments which seems to make a lot more sense:
you don't have a clue of what you are speaking about, that is a fungus. The pan is open to the air you have grown pond scum lol
google "biofouling"
Nigeman 21 hours ago
It's fungus and bacteria, they live off micronutrients. It's certainly not heavy metals.
Great research.
word because if this is legit, i definitely shoulda died already.

i've never done any of that and i'm perfectly normal. Like said, Philly has some of the worlds best tap water. Over 60% of my water intake is from the tap. Hell i constantly refill plastic bottles with tap so I have easy access. Never had any weird fungus, disease or sickness caused from bad water.

Worst I did though was used to refill water jugs with tap water and use the machine in my apartment all the time. No one knew the difference.

Old school, fill up the kettle and boil that thing until it whistles to the point where it annoys the living hell out of everyone within a 3-house radius. Even with that, boiled tap stays better than drinking bottled water at home. That article SuperAntigen posted with the relative price comparison to gasoline provides a good perspective on how the bottled water market has been taken advantage of. I don't understand how dropping $3-4 for a Figi and all that other classed-up water in a glass jar is justified. C'mon man...:smh:
As for the fluoride in tap, sure, boiling it isn't going to kill it all. Then again, do you brush your teeth? I've seen organic toothpaste but not sure how many people use organic toothpaste to avoid ingesting fluoride. I just can't commit to drinking tap water. If it's the same water that enters your toilet, you think the gov is going to waste resources on "drinkable" water that's meant to be flushed down with your piss and dookie? :nerd::rolleyes
Tap tastes very different than before and after boiling it. You can spit all that about building that Wolverine immune system from drinking tap but when it's something you're consuming all day, urrday as a daily source of sustenance? Naw, that fluoride isn't entering your system in moderation. Just make sure you visit your physician every year to make sure your guts aren't
c'mon man what? you don't have a problem paying for any other bottled drink...but people act like paying for GOOD WATER is not smart..like its a waste of money .whatever yo..:lol:

FIJI> any other water....2.07 for a 1.5 liter :pimp:

I actually saw a brand of bottled walmart for babies that ADDED fluoride..had to direct my homie to the regular version :smh:

Im not too worried about fluoride though...it takes a lot of it to be poisonous..if anybody has knowledge they want to share...that quote isn't much of anything but another scare tactic...:rolleyes

I was using Toms of Maine fluoride free pepper mint though...been slipping haven't bought it in a while..that organic **** is expensive

Last edited:
DC Tap Water is :x:x

PG County Tap water be having that bleachy smell

But yall are fools if you think that the tap water comes from the Deep Springs of the Islands of Mt Poco Bora

Can fluoridated water cause cancer?

A possible relationship between fluoridated water and cancer risk has been debated for years. The debate resurfaced in 1990 when a study by the National Toxicology Program, part of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, showed an increased number of osteosarcomas (bone tumors) in male rats given water high in fluoride for 2 years (4). However, other studies in humans and in animals have not shown an association between fluoridated water and cancer (5–7).

In a February 1991 Public Health Service (PHS) report, the agency said it found no evidence of an association between fluoride and cancer in humans. The report, based on a review of more than 50 human epidemiological (population) studies produced over the past 40 years, concluded that optimal fluoridation of drinking water “does not pose a detectable cancer risk to humans” as evidenced by extensive human epidemiological data reported to date (5).

In one of the studies reviewed for the PHS report, scientists at NCI evaluated the relationship between the fluoridation of drinking water and the number of deaths due to cancer in the United States during a 36-year period, and the relationship between water fluoridation and number of new cases of cancer during a 15-year period. After examining more than 2.2 million cancer death records and 125,000 cancer case records in counties using fluoridated water, the researchers found no indication of increased cancer risk associated with fluoridated drinking water (6).

In 1993, the Subcommittee on Health Effects of Ingested Fluoride of the National Research Council, part of the National Academy of Sciences, conducted an extensive literature review concerning the association between fluoridated drinking water and increased cancer risk. The review included data from more than 50 human epidemiological studies and six animal studies. The Subcommittee concluded that none of the data demonstrated an association between fluoridated drinking water and cancer (6). A 1999 report by the CDC supported these findings. The CDC report concluded that studies to date have produced “no credible evidence” of an association between fluoridated drinking water and an increased risk for cancer (2). Subsequent interview studies of patients with osteosarcoma and their parents produced conflicting results, but with none showing clear evidence of a causal relationship between fluoride intake and risk of this tumor.

Recently, researchers examined the possible relationship between fluoride exposure and osteosarcoma in a new way: they measured fluoride concentration in samples of normal bone that were adjacent to a person’s tumor. Because fluoride naturally accumulates in bone, this method provides a more accurate measure of cumulative fluoride exposure than relying on the memory of study participants or municipal water treatment records. The analysis showed no difference in bone fluoride levels between people with osteosarcoma and people in a control group who had other malignant bone tumors (7).

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/fluoridated-water

I'm going to go ahead and guess that rashi and Pig Love are going to disagree with the above, but this comes from what I would call a reputable source.

In 1991, they weren't putting as much of this garbage in the drinking water for 15 years.

It doesn't matter what it says, do some more research and find out for yourself what is in the tap water and what the f word does to you. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not.

It doesn't matter what it says, do some more research and find out for yourself what is in the tap water and what the f word does to you. It doesn't matter if you believe me or not.

Oh okay, because if I had just took your word for it prior to me bringing actual research into this thread it would have been good and I wouldn't have to think for myself? I am taking the time to research it and from what I'm finding the link between cancer and fluoride in tap water is at most inconclusive. But with your abrasive tone I must be wrong, forgive me.

**** out of here.

Heard NYC has one of the best tap waters in the country. My parents still do the old fashioned and boil a kettle every morning.
I don't understand the hype about Fiji water though... why is it so expensive?

:lol: at those of you believing your water was bottled at the bottom of a volcano as Zeus splashed around in it with Aphrodite. Most brands have been proven to be municipal water reverse osmosis filtered.

Full Episode (they go in on Feng Shui too)

Back
Top Bottom