What was life like in the 90s? Vol. Old heads chime in

I can’t believe we used to watch a lot of shows. Growing up, I would never miss an episode of Family Matters. Now, Im ready to throw up after 3 minutes.
Remember my mom use to have me watching Quantum Leap and Macgyver with her lol.
But I’ve also tried watching Family Matters some years back, couldn’t take it lol

Remember my mom use to have me watching Quantum Leap and Macgyver with her lol.
But I’ve also tried watching Family Matters some years back, couldn’t take it lol
Not rewatchable at all lol, growing pains and Fresh Prince stand out to me as still being good years later , boy meets world too :pimp:

That Dinosaur show not rewatchable either, and I tried for like 2 episodes lol. After I heard about how the show ended I wanted to go back, couldn’t make it lol.

Might catch some slack for this but neither is All That. Yeah, it brought back some memories, and that was that I only watched to see who was performing lol.

Definitely belongs in this thread. Them early shows in the late 90s were lit!!! Watching Jerry at 5, or whatever time it was originally, was mandatory for a good while lol. Not sure if it was because I was teen, but everything seemed less staged at first. I remember his show before it got popular and the set was different. And yep, we all went to Magic Johnson’s theater to see Ringmaster lol.

RIP Jerry Springer 💐

Last edited:
As a car guy things really have changed… in the 90s the top luxury brands were Benz, BMW, Lexus… most hip hop songs name them.. Acura was super relevant in the 90s too, Legend, Integra. NSX.. Audi was an after thought… exotics we’re ultra rare… you just didn’t see them like you do today…The only mid to high end SUVs were really Jeeps,, 4 Runner/Pathfinder (a real 4x4 then now the. bs today) and Ranges then later on the Explorer changed the game.. next thing LX 470 came, Denali… Escalade….

Japanese sports cars were all the rage, Supra, 3000GT, Eclipse, RX-7x NSX, 300ZX etc… today they are all dead except the Supra and Z. Dudes today rather drive a crossover. Sad.

Isuzu also was doing its thing with the Rodeo etc… Now they are gone. If they had hung on they would have killed it as all they made really was SUVs..

American cars are also in vouge like the updated Camaro, Trans Am. Mustang and Probe. Taurus SHO. The crazy circle Taurus was a complete bomb. Caddy came with the new naming like DTS, STS etc

Honda was the cool car for young people then. Everyone’s parents had one and kids would inherit and mod them. CRX, Del Sol, Prelude, Accord and Civic sedan and coupes.. today they sell ZERO coupes and are totally boring.

Kia and Hyundai were the worst. Literally buy one get one. Throw away bad credit cars. Catching fire. Well that still happens but they are ten times better today.

Saab, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Mercury were still around…

We all bought magazines…barely any social.. car import models were a huge deal…

WATTBA

7E2225AE-4441-427F-B5EC-3C313636AC3F.jpeg
20FF86D1-8FE5-4A38-8421-A7F084249B8F.jpeg

Man that COPS intro was so lit!!!

I was late on Bots Master as well. Friend from the projects put me on. It was hard to catch due to how early it came on. Once I figured the schedule out I was locked in!

Back
Top Bottom