What was the first team jordan ??

Originally Posted by j o 19

WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL WHITE/NAVY/MZ TEAM JORDANS...THE LAST PIC. I HAVE BEEN NEEDING THOSE IN MY LIFE SINCE THE 7TH GRADE....
pimp.gif
jumpman Quick VI. Eddie Jones.
Good luck finding you a pair my friend

Even today...the Jumpman Pro is still one of my favorite shoes of all time.

I always say Eric Avar is the greatest designer -- and sure enough...he did these too.

I was wearing my black/red pair randomly last week on campus...and a certain someone mentioned them coming back out late next year.

happy.gif

I'm set on the pairs I have -- but I always want other people to enjoy them too.

l_c7cda165f75a8aa33af559dde7b50b5f.jpg

Just picked up a beautiful pair of the Jumpman Quick VI off eBay a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for them for over 2 years and finally found one.They are one of my favorites.

i use to like Team Jordans, when they use to look good. The first 4 were real nice.

Originally Posted by jshortt

Hey Guys,

The order was Jumpman Pro first (white/navy and black/royal released on the same day, and were followed by the black/red and white/black/gold on the same day about 2 months later). Good call on them being released before Brand Jordan was founded ijapino. Then the Jordan Team were released in black/white and white/black on the same day in late November '97, followed in the spring by the white/navy/maize and the FL exclusive white/carolina. That summer (1998) saw the release of the Jumpman Pro Quicks (E.J.'s) and the Jumpman Pro Strongs (Vin Baker's). Fall of 98 brought us the Jordan Team II's (XIII look alikes), and those were followed up with the Jumpman Vindicates, and the Quick 6. After those two released, team J's were kinda all over the place.

hth,
J

Yep, I'm 24 it doesn't feel like that long ago when they came out. My Jordan Team and Team IIs are still in good condition. I remember Bullsplayers in the Jordan Teams, Kukoc in particular. Anyone else remember I think it was Scott Burrell switching the white laces to black in the playoffs?

As for the Jumpan Pros, I always thought the black, white, and golds were the nicest, but back then I refrained from buying since I worried that they weregang colors.

Ah, the good ol' days when Slam and those little Footaction magazines were my source for what was coming out...I remember the first time I saw theblack/red XIIIs, with the light reflecting brightly off of them, in an ESPN magazine in a picture of Jordan before the playoffs...

Does anyone remember the one shoe that came out around the time of the 15 and the 3%?
I know it had a plastic clip like strap. One of the colors was a black/silver gray like.
Anyone?

Jordan team 1.....damn i miss my og pair. my #@###!$ pops gave them away to my cousin in china just because I forgot about them.
smh.gif
I was about restore themtoo.
mad.gif

My favorite Team J is still the Team Post in White/Blk/Red. The overlap wrap on the laces was so snug.
jordan_post.jpg

I beleive the jumpman pro was the first team jordans!!! still got my 3 pairs: blk/red/wht, blk/wht, nvyblu/wht
happy.gif
happy.gif

just picked up a DS pair of Quick VI's off ebay.
the guy is using PYS pics, so I was a little skeptical at first.
but I just got them in today and they are 100% legit.
deadstock and in the OG silver jordan box
pimp.gif

he still has a size 8.5 and 11.5 left!

I remember the Jordan Team J's were RIDICULOUSLY hard (nh) to strap on. I maybe got them to strap about, hmmm 3 times in my life. From the 2 years i hadthem.
laugh.gif

Jumpman Team 2.... Greatest Team Jordans ever
pimp.gif

251720392.jpg

HEY iJAPINO, THERE IS A ARTICLE IN SOLE COLLECTOR [ISSUE 19-BACK TO THE 90S- JULY/AUG 2007 EDITION] ON PAGE 45 ABOUT THE JUMPMAN PRO'S AND IT SAYS THATBRAND JORDAN WAS CREATED FIRST AND HAD 6 PLAYERS UNDER THE BRAND [ KEVIN GARNETT-EDDIE JONES- DEREK ANDERSON-RAY ALLEN-VIN BAKER-MICHAEL FINLEY] BEFORE THESESHOES WERE MADE. some of the things said in the article are- as michael's years waned ,just how could jordan brand , in its infancy, propel itself beyondjordans playing days with a product that still captured the imagination of consumers throughout the world, as the jordan xi had just done? - could jordan branddeliver on new innovative footwear at a lower level than the game shoe, and what could jordan brand release that would put an end to all speculation and doubt?answer; the jumpman pro. another thing said is - ERIC AVAR ,a great designer, he took some of the influence from the actual air jordan xii and did a pro-modelversion of that for the six guys that were a part of the brand at the time. the jumpman pro marked the beginning of a segment of jordan brands business. alsoon page 176 it says [just as jordan brand had begun branching away from nike basketball they borrowed designer ERIC AVAR to reinterpret the jordan xii as alower priced-team shoe.] Now i dont know personally am just getting this from the magazine, but From this article it looks like jordan brand was created andaway from nike before this shoe was made. if you have or can get this magazine check out this article. thanks

Jumpan Pro was around during Jordan xii
Jordan Pro Quick was around at Jordan xiii
Jordan Quick 6 - was around at Jordan xiv, theme for Jordan at that time was Car
Jordan Swift 6 was at jordan xv,...the them for Jordan at that time...was a huge tounge, jet...including Jumpman All Star?

Originally Posted by nobita21

Jumpan Pro was around during Jordan xii
Jordan Pro Quick was around at Jordan xiii
Jordan Quick 6 - was around at Jordan xiv, theme for Jordan at that time was Car
Jordan Swift 6 was at jordan xv,...the them for Jordan at that time...was a huge tounge, jet...including Jumpman All Star?

yup. the team II has the XIII dimple things and the quick 6 has the same jordan logo as the XIV

Back
Top Bottom