What was The Great Gatsby about?

i justa read it
feels like a waste of time.
it was a good book but it feels hella overrated to me.
but people still like it, i dont get it.
school me nt

you didn't justa read it. You want us to tell you about it so you don't have to.

Just about old money(born rich)/new money(became rich), shows that at the end of the day money means nothing if you have no one to share it with.

laugh.gif

Man it is the most boring book I've ever read. Its about a dude who was born broke and gets rich by being a bootlegger. Then he goes around acting likehe's always been rich and tries to get this girl who he wanted when he was younger. Then he dies. Does that help with your book report? We just got donereading it to but change my words up because that was my report right there.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Its about a man who secretly tries to get answers for his homework assignments.
roll.gif
I never read it, but man the least you could do is read it onsparknotes. Thats how I "read" all my books in high school.

you guys are clearly retarted and uneducated....the great gatsby is an amazing book and if you dont read it you should not go to college...at least watch themovie

It was a great read for me in highschool and I had to read it again in college. Don't watch the movie, read the book.

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

you guys are clearly retarted and uneducated....the great gatsby is an amazing book and if you dont read it you should not go to college...at least watch the movie

laugh.gif

Man it is the most boring book I've ever read.
thats some bull $!%%. CATCHER IN THE RYE is THEEEEEEEEE WORST BOOK EVER! all it has is some dude on his rag complaining about EVERYTHING in hislife
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

thats some bull $!%%. CATCHER IN THE RYE is THEEEEEEEEE WORST BOOK EVER! all it has is some dude on his rag complaining about EVERYTHING in his life
smh.gif

I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye but a book that was preety boring was The Giver

I read Great Gatsby in high school and didn't really like it. Now that we had to read it in college again I appreciate it much more.

ahh the Great Gatsby ... if only I payed attention in english class during high school, i would be able to help you out.

man thats my favorite book.....only book i was really interested in while i was in HS......i need to buy it n read it again

Originally Posted by bayareakickz

i justa read it
feels like a waste of time.
it was a good book but it feels hella overrated to me.
but people still like it, i dont get it.
school me nt

a32154c0e3440d1f0ea6839ad270763fe33164a.jpg

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

thats some bull $!%%. CATCHER IN THE RYE is THEEEEEEEEE WORST BOOK EVER! all it has is some dude on his rag complaining about EVERYTHING in his life
smh.gif
I enjoyed Catcher in the Rye but a book that was preety boring was The Giver

Your craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy , the giver was deep, best book I ever read in my life...come to think about it one of the very few complete books I've read inmy life
laugh.gif

I wish they would make that into a modern day movie. Someof you dudes are not clever at all, you do know that almost every school in the country makes they're students read the gatsby, you don't think thereis some type of summary somewhere on teh internets?

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

you guys are clearly retarted and uneducated....the great gatsby is an amazing book and if you dont read it you should not go to college...at least watch the movie

******ed* and YAWN, Great Gatsby is over hyped and boring as hell. Catcher in the Rye and The Giver were great books though.

The Great Gatsby is amazing.

It was my summer reading book for AP Lang in 11th grade, and most classes spent a couple weeks on it, then moved on, but my teacher easily spent a month and ahalf on it and it made me appreciate the book tremendously.

I plan on re-reading it fairly soon.

Back
Top Bottom