What was your starting salary after college?

Sad thing is. 80k is considered a "C" average in the Bay Area. At least where I live. 125k or bust.

I mean I wouldn't totally grade it as a C. Maybe in SF but not the whole general Bay Area. If someone made 80k and lived in the East Bay or even more inland, it'd be cool to live on. Even if you lived in SF and got rent before the chaos here, 80k is good to live on and to even save money. 125K is about low margin of rich in SF. Like you won't be able to get a house with that income but maybe a solid condo. What you need is your girl/guy to make the same and then you can make it out here in SF.

this/ moving out here, 80k isnt a lot unless you plan on living outside of SF. if you are already settled, got a place, then yea. but rent is so high and cost of living is ridiculous. you basically have to have a roommate or two if you want to live "comfortably"
thank goodness, i got rent control, dont know how i would even be able to get a place on my own

Last edited:

that makes sense. did professional PT offer you any benefits on top of your salary?

Yeah. If you work for a company like that in NYC, more often enough they will offer full benefits. Health, dental, continuing education, 401k, license dues.
thats good to know. my friend actually works at professional PT in manhattan. did you try looking at other places in NYC and compare the salaries that they offered?

Last edited:
BS in Operations Management

1st job as pt supervisor position making around 25k/year+benefits. Was able to work some other decent pt jobs. After 2 years of grinding working over 55 hours a week at 2 jobs I took my current job at 42k + OT and benefits. Still unsure if it is just a job or will blossom into a solid career.

came out with ~90k in debt SMH

Bachelors in Economics. Investment banking analyst. 70k salary + 70k bonus. Lifestyle sucks but hopefully just two years and I'll be making way more with less hours.

Edit: ~18k student debt. Went to what was basically a community college for two years so that helped.

Last edited:
Dudes talking about you need 80k to live comfortably in SF. That's a shame.

Makes me reconsider my complaints about DC area cost of living

BS in Computer Science, don't have a full time yet but im interning in NYC making 52k(25/hr but salary based) if I was to intern for the whole year. Hopefully I get it and ill be in the 70-85k range. I find out by the end of this month. Which me luck!

Bachelors in Economics. Investment banking analyst. 70k salary + 70k bonus. Lifestyle sucks but hopefully just two years and I'll be making way more with less hours.

Edit: ~18k student debt. Went to what was basically a community college for two years so that helped.

:pimp:

What was your GPA like?

:pimp:

What was your GPA like?

When applied for my internship it was a 4.0. Since banks usually hire around 85-90% of their full-time class from their internship class, that GPA was the only one that really mattered. Graduated with a 3.75 though.

engineering internship in college: $21/hour

current position, Applications Engineer at an Architectural company: $53,000

right now i'm looking to move to San Diego and am on the job hunt for a Mechanical Engineer position

been applying for the past 3 months, but still no bites

Damn looking at this thread makes me realize i need to go back to school. I need to make something out of myself instead of being stuck working at the airport doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom