What were your first pair of Air Jordans????

Black/Red/Cement IV's May 1989 , Walked in with my Birthday money and scooped them up best purchase i ever made. What a fantastic shoe. Still my fav of all time. Really hope it releases with NA this year!!!!

Air Jordan VIII

I bought them in 1993 after BULLS won 3rd championship. Price was 299 DM in Germany. I watched every week in the sportsstore for these shoes getting reduced. Later they were 199 DM...later 99 DM...finally for 80 DM I had to buy them.

But size 45 was always too big for me (I wear size 44), so they have never been worn and still look fresh and great after 24 years

My first pair was Bordeaux 7's back in 1992. I was in the 5th grade, at the time, and distinctly remember those dropping and dudes in my school, who were taller than I was at the time, rocking the men's pair.

My grammy (grandma) knew I wanted these badly and gave my mom the money, who definitely couldn't afford it at the time, so I could cop. I never forgot that, and I never will. It meant so much to me back then.

Got to school, this was around April 1992 and was stuntin with my kid sized Bordeaux's :lol: But I didn't care, then I noticed MJ was rocking the playoff 7's shortly thereafter and I wanted those although I never did get the OG pair.

Next year, start of 6th grade, went back with the OG Hare 7's in September 92' in a men's size since my feet had grew. Never did get any more OG Jordans from that point on during my school years but I was fresh as **** in 1992. :pimp:

First retro of the black/cement 3s back in 94.. I absolutely hated them, had my sights set on the viii's but mom went and bought the 3s [emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

Pair of 2nd-hand wht/rd 14s moms got me after I aced my O-level exams.
Way back when, in the "motherland".
They got so beat up I painted the red with nail polish.
Air-Jordan-XIV-Retro-WhiteNarsity-Red.jpg

Last edited:
My first pair was Bordeaux 7's back in 1992. I was in the 5th grade, at the time, and distinctly remember those dropping and dudes in my school, who were taller than I was at the time, rocking the men's pair.

My grammy (grandma) knew I wanted these badly and gave my mom the money, who definitely couldn't afford it at the time, so I could cop. I never forgot that, and I never will. It meant so much to me back then.

Got to school, this was around April 1992 and was stuntin with my kid sized Bordeaux's
laugh.gif
But I didn't care, then I noticed MJ was rocking the playoff 7's shortly thereafter and I wanted those although I never did get the OG pair.

Next year, start of 6th grade, went back with the OG Hare 7's in September 92' in a men's size since my feet had grew. Never did get any more OG Jordans from that point on during my school years but I was fresh as **** in 1992.
pimp.gif
nthat.gif

Jordan XIII, retro black cat, exactly a month ago. I know i know.. if I could afford it 20 years ago I would have bought it.

Bought playoff 8s in 2014 after hearing coworkers continuesly talk about js. Now I own like 50 of just Js alone.... 8 kamikaze 2s and 2 questions

My very first pair of Js were the 16s...

Got em my Junior year of HS so I was probably 16.  I was so geeked to have a pair of Js I wore them with pretty much everything.  My friends made fun of me.  Now I know better than to wear khakis and Union Bay button ups with blue patent leather shoes.

What really got me into collecting them were these...  Still pretty much new...  it's a hard color to match up, but I love em!

Before these I had a bunch of AF1s and Dunks, but these were sooooooo much more comfortable, and they looked like Dunks but better with just as many colorways.  I wore J1s exclusively up until...  now.

Jordan Nu'Retro II's white/red. Wore with my Sean Jean jeans lol. Wore them until the Jordan on the outsole fell off.

Also had the Jumpman Team FBI black/white. Loved them. Wish they would retro them. Was the first "expensive" pair of shoes I had other than TmacII's.

Can't remember which pair came first.

Last edited:
Some patent leather 1s that looked like the chicago 1s back in like 06. Still to this day wonder if they were legit or not lol. Then years later I got fire red 3s

My first pair would have been the OG Aqua 8's but my parents weren't trying to drop $100 for sneakers back then so my pops ran game on me and convinced me to pick up a pair of Michael Jackson LA Gears talking bout "They have MJ on side too". I think I was in 6th grade at the time but I knew I was being played...lol. Needless to say, after all these years I got the 2015 Aqua's sitting in my closet right

Man, those were some BAD MJs... that was also a Bad pun. Anyway those shoes actually worth some money not, which isn't surprising, but they actually don't look that... bad.

First Jordan I distinctly remember getting was in 1991 and it was the original carmine 6. I was 8 and in 2nd grade. Wore that thing down until it had a hole in the bottom and even past that, where my sock would have a hole too. I remember feeling so proud and cool. The materials were awesome to touch, the back pull tab and front tongue almost made me lose it mentally. It truly made me feel like I was actually being like mike.

I don't own one pair of 6s currently and don't really care for them much, but one day I hope to track down a 1991 OG carmine to add to the collection. For the sole purpose of the aforementioned. Those feelings you had as a kid were so monumental, almost like a drug, where you can't really get that feeling exact again. You can try, but it's almost guaranteed to be obtainable. So you try and try again and that's when the collection and obsession grows astronomically. :smokin

View media item 2413453
My first pair were the Aqua 8's circa 93. Cant remember how much the GS sizes were back then but I remember them being expensive and was surprised when pops said I can have them in the store.
Glad these were done right in '15 and that I got to own them again.

Last edited:
I'll never forget. My first pair was the the Navy/Black 13 Lows. Got them during the summer after 6th grade. My best friend and I were the only ones at our middle school that had them during our 7th grade year. So there was no way I was passing up the recent re-release. Even he, as someone who's not that into kicks now that we're both 30, made sure I let him know whenever they released. He also grabbed a pair.

Last edited:
Black cement 3's.  That was my senior year in high school, and one of the first things I ever bought with my own money.  They had been out for a while by the time I bought mine.  Just walked into the mall and picked up a size 12.  If I only knew then what I know now!

The first really cool sneakers I ever owned were 1982 Converse All Stars.  They were white, with a little strip of grey suede-like material around the toe box (material matched the logo).  I called all over Louisville looking for a pair and finally found them at Athletic Attic.  They were $42, which to my mom was like buying Doernbechers dipped in real gold, lol.

Back
Top Bottom