What will it take for JB to bring you back: vol. 1st Gen.

onlything saving JB are the retros, the sigline stalled, last oones i bought were the 18s, i wanted to get the 23's but only beacuse of the significance of it. JB has fallen off alot, i remember it was jordans or nothing, now I see more ppl optin for lebrons and kobes to ball in.

onlything saving JB are the retros, the sigline stalled, last oones i bought were the 18s, i wanted to get the 23's but only beacuse of the significance of it. JB has fallen off alot, i remember it was jordans or nothing, now I see more ppl optin for lebrons and kobes to ball in.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for. If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand. It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born. I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs. Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue. But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them. How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one 
laugh.gif
. Also, I'm tired of people complaining about them "ruining a classic". The retros were almost always different, even if it was just slightly. OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt. OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't. OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear. We can go on and on. At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ. Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99% sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get over that stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I bet over 50% of the OG collectors would love to have a piece of realness on their feet one more time before they quit! Go collect stamps or something.

Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for. If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand. It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born. I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs. Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue. But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them. How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one 
laugh.gif
. Also, I'm tired of people complaining about them "ruining a classic". The retros were almost always different, even if it was just slightly. OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt. OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't. OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear. We can go on and on. At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ. Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99% sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get over that stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I bet over 50% of the OG collectors would love to have a piece of realness on their feet one more time before they quit! Go collect stamps or something.

I swear this thread is made once every three months.

I'm still buying J's because of the nostalgia and mere fact that I saw the man himself in his prime destroying the NBA in these legendary shoes. Do I buy every release? No. Do I agree with everything JB is doing? Hell No. But when I see a release that means something to me, I go out and cop them.

And if memory serves me right, not every Jordan release sold out back in the day. I still remember getting my OG Jordans WELL beyond release date. Yes, this included OG Aqua VIII's, Playoff VIII's, Concord and Columbia XI's, Taxi's and Playoff XII's, etc etc. Just because a shoe is sitting in a stockroom doesn't mean it isn't successful.

I think Jordan Brand was making strides in the signature shoe line with the XX3, then they tanked with the 2K9, and had a great shoe with the 2010. They needed a bigger bang with the 2010 though to make up for the 2K9. Me personally, I love the 2010. It's clean, the Peep Hole is a great conversational piece, amongst other things, and it's a VERY comfortable and stable shoe. I have 5 pairs of the 2010's already.

I'm hoping the 2011 will be something ground-breaking and innovative. Something to really bring back the Signature Air Jordan Line. Retroing the same shoes over and over can only get you so far...

I swear this thread is made once every three months.

I'm still buying J's because of the nostalgia and mere fact that I saw the man himself in his prime destroying the NBA in these legendary shoes. Do I buy every release? No. Do I agree with everything JB is doing? Hell No. But when I see a release that means something to me, I go out and cop them.

And if memory serves me right, not every Jordan release sold out back in the day. I still remember getting my OG Jordans WELL beyond release date. Yes, this included OG Aqua VIII's, Playoff VIII's, Concord and Columbia XI's, Taxi's and Playoff XII's, etc etc. Just because a shoe is sitting in a stockroom doesn't mean it isn't successful.

I think Jordan Brand was making strides in the signature shoe line with the XX3, then they tanked with the 2K9, and had a great shoe with the 2010. They needed a bigger bang with the 2010 though to make up for the 2K9. Me personally, I love the 2010. It's clean, the Peep Hole is a great conversational piece, amongst other things, and it's a VERY comfortable and stable shoe. I have 5 pairs of the 2010's already.

I'm hoping the 2011 will be something ground-breaking and innovative. Something to really bring back the Signature Air Jordan Line. Retroing the same shoes over and over can only get you so far...

Originally Posted by Rob1ne

laugh.gif

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99%sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get overthat stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I betover 50% of the OG collectors would love to have apiece of realness on their feet one more time before theyquit! Go collect stamps or something.

Youngins
30t6p3b.gif
Go to 4:47

laugh.gif

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99%sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get overthat stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I betover 50% of the OG collectors would love to have apiece of realness on their feet one more time before theyquit! Go collect stamps or something.

Youngins
30t6p3b.gif
Go to 4:47

Im younger then alot but but not older than most. Working for nike i seen tons of people coming in buying fusions and any other JB product they could touch. It tells me that the few thousands that are on NT arent the major consumer obviously. I see the cements coming back have the OG box but they still havent included a NIKE AIR on the back lol. You will never please everyone but maybe if they retroed with decent quality from the beginning and kept it that way alot more people would be happy. Other brands including reebok and nike are doing alot of decent retros. If someone has a OG i dont think everyone else should suffer they have an option to rebuy the new or keep it moving. I WANT THE BEST. I think JB needs a complete over haul i.e. Gm,ford and everyone else.

Im younger then alot but but not older than most. Working for nike i seen tons of people coming in buying fusions and any other JB product they could touch. It tells me that the few thousands that are on NT arent the major consumer obviously. I see the cements coming back have the OG box but they still havent included a NIKE AIR on the back lol. You will never please everyone but maybe if they retroed with decent quality from the beginning and kept it that way alot more people would be happy. Other brands including reebok and nike are doing alot of decent retros. If someone has a OG i dont think everyone else should suffer they have an option to rebuy the new or keep it moving. I WANT THE BEST. I think JB needs a complete over haul i.e. Gm,ford and everyone else.

Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for. If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand. It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born. I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs. Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue. But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them. How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one�
laugh.gif

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99%�sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get over�that stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I bet�over 50% of the OG collectors would love to have a�piece of realness on their feet one more time before they�quit! Go collect stamps or something.
��

Youngins
30t6p3b.gif
� Go to 4:47
�

Youre serious? you actually buy the crap thats comin out of his mouth? Damn, no wonder JB can play the ball however they want
tired.gif

Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for. If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand. It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born. I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs. Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue. But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them. How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one�
laugh.gif

And what about those who couldnt afford them back in the day? Or were just kids dreaming of getting them when they got older? You telling me we gotta pay 900+ for a pair of OG's thats 99%�sure to crack the minute you walk outside that door!? Get over�that stock-up-in-my-basement BS! People want to wear the real deal , not just have them in the wardrobe collecting dust! I bet�over 50% of the OG collectors would love to have a�piece of realness on their feet one more time before they�quit! Go collect stamps or something.
��

Youngins
30t6p3b.gif
� Go to 4:47
�

Youre serious? you actually buy the crap thats comin out of his mouth? Damn, no wonder JB can play the ball however they want
tired.gif

haven't bought J's for a while and the only one that will get me to change it is the white/cement IV, and maaaaaybe the white/cement III. I know it will be crap quality but white/cement IVs are top 5 all time/all brands for me. other than that maybe if Tinker does another signature release. I thought the XXIIIs were done well.. but for the most part I am happy not giving my $ to the brand. plenty of other dope lines out there to support.

haven't bought J's for a while and the only one that will get me to change it is the white/cement IV, and maaaaaybe the white/cement III. I know it will be crap quality but white/cement IVs are top 5 all time/all brands for me. other than that maybe if Tinker does another signature release. I thought the XXIIIs were done well.. but for the most part I am happy not giving my $ to the brand. plenty of other dope lines out there to support.

JB was doing fine circa 1999-2004 as far as Retros are concerned, I can't quite seem to remember when they took a turn for the worst.

I think as soon as they started getting recognition for their limited crap, people came out of the gates.

Jordan Brand has always been quality conscience when they release a new signature shoe. But Retros, not so much anymore.

JB was doing fine circa 1999-2004 as far as Retros are concerned, I can't quite seem to remember when they took a turn for the worst.

I think as soon as they started getting recognition for their limited crap, people came out of the gates.

Jordan Brand has always been quality conscience when they release a new signature shoe. But Retros, not so much anymore.

too many resellers. A lot of ppl here say nostalgia or whatever, fact is reselling is what keep a boat load of ppl buying these shoes up, cause wherever there is money to be made, there are people.

too many resellers. A lot of ppl here say nostalgia or whatever, fact is reselling is what keep a boat load of ppl buying these shoes up, cause wherever there is money to be made, there are people.

I'm not too big about the Nike Air.....and i do like the idea of giving a nod to the original collectors

All i care about is getting a retro as close to the original as possible. Everything from materials to the paint and color. I don't want no crappy 1 minute product like those "Infrareds" that released this year. And i'm sick of the midsole paint they use.

Pairs from 99-03 are DYING....yes we wear our shoes and not just look at them....these new retros are AAA league replacements for them.

I'm not too big about the Nike Air.....and i do like the idea of giving a nod to the original collectors

All i care about is getting a retro as close to the original as possible. Everything from materials to the paint and color. I don't want no crappy 1 minute product like those "Infrareds" that released this year. And i'm sick of the midsole paint they use.

Pairs from 99-03 are DYING....yes we wear our shoes and not just look at them....these new retros are AAA league replacements for them.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Hell no, I still wear my pairs from that era, and they are perfectly fine.   
I know people can vouch the same, unless you annihilated your pairs already.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Hell no, I still wear my pairs from that era, and they are perfectly fine.   
I know people can vouch the same, unless you annihilated your pairs already.  
laugh.gif

Nothing man, that "golden era" you're referring to was like a "start up" phase for Brand Jordan to build their BRAND which it did, but we're left with the plethora of "releases" that come out today!

Nothing man, that "golden era" you're referring to was like a "start up" phase for Brand Jordan to build their BRAND which it did, but we're left with the plethora of "releases" that come out today!

Back
Top Bottom