What Would NIKE AIR do to future releases?

i can picture it now.... if they to bring it back people with the NIKE AIR jordans would complain that they will lower the value of theirs and wont be as "special". Just like the True Blues that are almost exactly like the 2001s that were more limited

It just seems like such a pointless change to make in the first place. Its not like the technology of the shoe is different either. Its still the same mid-late 80's/ early 90's Nike technology. Updating the name doesn't make the technology any newer, so why change the look? This topic kinda lost the main point. What I'm asking is, if all JB releases went back to Nike Air, would the shoes that don't have Nike logos become more coveted? I would love to just have NIKE AIR anyway.

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

Since JB and Nike are two separate entities, it just isn't going to happen.

^^^ i agree for those of us that have j's wit nike air on dem just be grateful we have a piece of history in jb

It would prolly mean I'm done buying jordans.  A re-release of the White/ Grey IV's (just like the OG's and '99 Retros) would be enough for me to call it quits. 

After buying at least 2 pair of course. 

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

Since JB and Nike are two separate entities, it just isn't going to happen.

I try to stay out of this forum but I had to post on this. Please get this through your heads JB can put nike air on the retros anytime they want to because NIKE OWNS JORDAN BRAND.   Nike owns JB, Mike has a contract and gets royalties.  If you think JB is just out there doing what they want without running it through NIKE you need to educate yourself.   Use common sense guys how in the world would JB become their own company?  You think Nike would just give it to Mike and say "here, you made us what we are, you're our biggest cash cow, but hell you can just have your own company and keep the profits to yourself we don't need anymore money."

Remember Jordan shoes end up at the Nike outlet not the other way around. Go check your Jordan boxes and see what it says on the bottom, NIKE!

This should be in big bold writing at the top of this forum I get so tired of hearing it.

Like 3thaman, I agree. I also don't frequent this forum anymore because my love with Jordans have hit an all-time low.

Besides the fact that Nike owns JB and JB can slap whatever it wants on its products, that's neither here nor there when it comes to WHY JB doesn't place NIKE AIR on their products (excluding AJF).

If you haven't noticed, JB has has gone without the Nike Air logo for 13 long years. And in those 13 long years JB has been at it's best, relying directly on that jumpman logo. Financially and from a business stand-point, there is no need to change any of their retro products when they've been selling at an all-time high.

Most of us here on NT who are Air Jordan connoisseurs would love to see an Air Jordan 4 embracing the Nike Air logo but to the typical Footlocker shoe browser who stumbles accross an Air Jordan shoe favoring the colorway and shoe itself, Nike Air is very unnecessary when that shoe is bought. And those typical shoe buyers make up for most of the sales for JB.

So technically, it isn't hyped up enough to launch a decorated shoe celebrating the Nike Air on JB products to where JB actually see an opportunity to rake in big money. But when that day does come, Ill be very surprised..

Theres only 4 pairs of Jordans that say NIKE AIR...well 5 if you count the NIKE AIR on the tongue of the 1's...but does it really make a difference anymore??...

It would make collecting jordans pointless if they would have put Nike air on the black n red 6's it would mean I kept my 2000 infareds on ice for nothing... U get me ???

Only those who "knows" about Jordans want the Nike Air back....I think most of the "regular" people whom make up most of JB's sales would rather have the jumpman.

And I hope they never bring back Nike Air, let the ones who have them be happy and not have to suffer seeing the shoes' "exclusiveness" dissappear...call me a hypebeast or whatever,but that is the reason why most "collect" sneakers: to try and obtain the rarest and most sought after sneakers.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Most of us here on NT who are Air Jordan connoisseurs would love to see an Air Jordan 4 embracing the Nike Air logo but to the typical Footlocker shoe browser who stumbles accross an Air Jordan shoe favoring the colorway and shoe itself, Nike Air is very unnecessary when that shoe is bought. And those typical shoe buyers make up for most of the sales for JB.
EXACTLY.  On any specialty forum you go to, this same dilemma always arises.  A bunch of enthusiasts making a list of the way things out to be.  "XXX car should be RWD, V8, stick, etc".  What people on such sites fail to realize is what an incredibly small percentage of the buying public they make up.  Companies tailor to the masses, not the minute number of connoisseurs, enthusiasts and purists who want things done "the right way".  So as much as it sucks for us, it's never going to happen if the current formula is working for them.  Companies don't work on pride, tradition and legacy.  They work for profits, and nothing else.

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

i can picture it now.... if they to bring it back people with the NIKE AIR jordans would complain that they will lower the value of theirs and wont be as "special". Just like the True Blues that are almost exactly like the 2001s that were more limited

I don't necessarily agree with this.. If your look at the retro of the XIII from 04 and compare it to the prices of OG's the retros are being sold for a way higher price. ( I have no idea why!!!)

Valid points about marketing. That really is what wins. I just wish I didn't have to pay 100's+ more for the original look that's all. But yeah that's true.

Originally Posted by addictfanatic1982

it will never happen............just say'in.........jb is its own and it will never happen
wink.gif

how is jb its own brand when they are making fusion with forces??

I really believe that if JB starts putting "Nike Air" back on the shoes, they will be worth much more... BUT.... ONLY if it goes away after about a year of releases.

OR...

If JB puts the "Nike Air" on the shoes and it stays like that.. the current shoes value will sky rocket because then they become rare.

Either way, JB wins.

It's not just NIKE AIR that makes the shoe...its the quality of materials, its the shape...Its simply just not the same. Even down to the box...cmon who wouldnt want the original black/grey box with splatter paint on em??... Times have changed and to us purist, enthusiast or what have you, we're just living in the past we don't give a damn whos got the most rare most exclusive Air Jordan...we just wanna re-live what we had or couldn't have... JB did it correct by slapping on NIKE AIR back in 99-01 retros but then what happened???

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

It's not just NIKE AIR that makes the shoe...its the quality of materials, its the shape...Its simply just not the same. Even down to the box...cmon who wouldnt want the original black/grey box with splatter paint on em??... Times have changed and to us purist, enthusiast or what have you, we're just living in the past we don't give a damn whos got the most rare most exclusive Air Jordan...we just wanna re-live what we had or couldn't have... JB did it correct by slapping on NIKE AIR back in 99-01 retros but then what happened???

This is probably the best damn post ive read in a while

"nike air" wouldn't do anything if quality is crap like it is right now. But i believe it will build hype considering that people would buy anything now adays.

Back
Top Bottom