What would you have done in this situation?

Im back with a second opinion because I took the time to think about this a little more;

now you can't go back to that subway anymore because you're the notorious sandwich maniac. it looks like you need to pick a new lunch spot that is operated by a calmer bunch. maybe a vegan restaurant? they are a friendly and mellow bunch, and it's awfully hard to dig up the anger needed to violently confront a man wearing a "Save the Whales" t-shirt with a nice pair of slip ons made out of hemp.

Brah's, I need some perspective on this. I got a test tomorrow morning and I felt I should go outside and get something to eat, something light. Had a craving for a subway sandwich so I head there. I get there and it's the same 50 year-old guy working the line so I put my order in and he rings me up. I peeped when he was cashing me out that I saw $2.00 for a juice so I checked the receipt and there it was. I didn't get any juice so I tell him. He says sorry and gives me $2.00 back.

I tell him it's okay it's an honest mistake. I proceed to leave and he says "Hey, when you get a good job maybe you can afford it". I stop in my tracks and ask him to repeat that. He says "Nothing, just leave."

I go back and ask him to run that back. Plays like he's deaf. I grab him by the collar and he apologizes but not a second after I grabbed his collar I just let him go. I felt I was getting way too caught up in this and I felt bad and just left. I was still heated but dude just came all types of sideways that I felt I couldn't control myself.

Why is it so hard to let such petty stuff go?

I wasn't gonna hit the guy but dude just irked the **** outta me with that comment. Shoulda just shrugged it off, right?

/Dear Diary
...Sophisticated O-Dog?

If I were you I'd go back the next day and ask for the old man to make ya sandwich and bark on him throughout the whole process. Then when he's done change your mind and leave.

As far as this whole you can't go back there talk.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not going back there because while he was wrong and all, I don't want there to be another issue between me and him.

Negativity begets negativity...what if the next time a go in he does something more dastardly like spit in my sandwich or use an unclean utensil. I figure he's not gonna forget my face because when I grabbed him I pulled him in so for sure he looked at all my facial features. And if I was to catch him messing with my sandwich in someway I'm really gonna lose it.

Not worth it. **** a subway.

But nah OP forreal, you mentioned in your post that you had a test tomorrow. Which IDK about anyone else, I wondered why you included such an irrelevant detail.

Maybe you subconsciously or consciously indicated to the Subway worker that you were in school or something and he was trying to make a reference to that, and not call you a broke boy.

You out here tryna play O-Dog on a senior citizen 
mean.gif

I go back and ask him to run that back. Plays like he's deaf. I grab him by the collar and he apologizes but not a second after I grabbed his collar I just let him go. I felt I was getting way too caught up in this and I felt bad and just left. I was still heated but dude just came all types of sideways that I felt I couldn't control myself.

This part was soooo made up.... Cmon son, you ain't touch no damn body.

If it's bugging you/causing you to think about it this much maybe you could talk to the manager there. Doing so could do one of two things for you, possibly both. It could give you some peace of mind by explaining what happened and apologize for letting your anger get the best of you. It would kind of be like clearing your name in a way since they probably either heard a biased account of the situation or saw the tape, which didn't paint you in a good light.  It could also potentially get the old guy fired or lead to some sort of resolution between you and him, if either of those are something you would want. 

Touching on why someone would do something like that, it's likely dude was either just having a bad day and let it out in the form of a snide comment or is just a negative person all the time. It's hard to accept, but sometimes people just aren't reasonable.

Honestly with those as your only options it would suck if you can't go back there again, but that just might be because I like Subway.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not going back there because while he was wrong and all, I don't want there to be another issue between me and him.

Negativity begets negativity...what if the next time a go in he does something more dastardly like spit in my sandwich or use an unclean utensil. I figure he's not gonna forget my face because when I grabbed him I pulled him in so for sure he looked at all my facial features. And if I was to catch him messing with my sandwich in someway I'm really gonna lose it.

Not worth it. **** a subway.
Eh this kinda shows you're not over it.

If you want to stop the negativity go back there and act like not a damn thing happened.

I totally understand not returning if you think dude might mess with your food in some way though.

I stopped going to a subway a block from me cuz one of the ladies there had a thick accent and I couldn't understand a damn thing she was asking me and then she wanted to be the one to get mad. I come to find out she was asking me if I wanted my bacon microwaved/cheese melted :smh: What an idiot I thought when I went home but I blame whoever hired her since she can't speak proper English.

Last edited:
****** really gonna go hard to get someone fired at subway. Y'all helping ol boy out by getting him fired. Working at subway is an L in itself.

Try to stop thinking about it Grim. **** happens we all make mistakes. Move on and try to keep calm next time. It ain't worth stopping to tone people's levels.

Last edited:
I know this is all about ego and the lengths it takes you to protect itself, but damn man I can't say that it didn't atleast feel good to do that even though I let go like 2 seconds later.

At this point in my life I do feel there is a place for people needing to get checked when they are clearly disrespecting you.

if it is all about the ego then you had to do what would satisfy the ego whether good or bad
in time or in different circumstances, your ego would require less or take a backseat altogether
that's all, live & learn

like he wasn't a douche tho - he was

Last edited:
But nah OP forreal, you mentioned in your post that you had a test tomorrow. Which IDK about anyone else, I wondered why you included such an irrelevant detail.​

Maybe you subconsciously or consciously indicated to the Subway worker that you were in school or something and he was trying to make a reference to that, and not call you a broke boy.​

You out here tryna play O-Dog on a senior citizen :smh:

Could this have been what it really was about? Possible.

But if your atleast halfway sensible and can pick up on underlying intentions from how a person says something then you would have thought this guy was coming sideways at you too.

Trust I was far from O-dog status.

Brah I'm 29 but maybe I pass for 26 at most. I had on some slim dark blue jeans, asics trail sneakers, a charcoal grey adidas mock neck full zip, and a black t-shirt underneath. I was dressed like I could have been going to the olive garden. THE olive garden brah.

AgentZero you make some valid points but from this situation I don't wanna get the dude fired. I'm hoping this was an isolated incident and maybe he was stressed out or some crap like that. I can't find it in myself to talk to the manager and possibly get this dude fired. If your working at a subway at 50 years old then you probz need that job. I'm mad that it happened but i'm not gonna take a man's dinner plate away from him.

I would have just ignore the situation - not worth putting my hands or wasting my breath on a 50 year old dude.

You had a right to check the dude, now puttin ya paws on him was a tad bit excessive.

Last edited:
How is someone working at subway going to talk about having a good job :lol: . You make sandwiches for a living.

Bottom line is he is getting money, not that ARAB money, but something to pay his bills. How do you **** on someone for what they do for a living. You never know the next mans situation. Your a young boy I assume. Never knock the next mans hustle because that guy at subway could very well be you. He may have a better job and is working there part time to take care of something., you just never know. What he did is stupid as hell but NEVER KNOCK THE NEXT MANS HUSTLE BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW THEIR SITUATION....

How is someone working at subway going to talk about having a good job :lol: . You make sandwiches for a living.

Bottom line is he is getting money, not that ARAB money, but something to pay his bills. How do you **** on someone for what they do for a living. You never know the next mans situation. Your a young boy I assume. Never knock the next mans hustle because that guy at subway could very well be you. He may have a better job and is working there part time to take care of something., you just never know. What he did is stupid as hell but NEVER KNOCK THE NEXT MANS HUSTLE BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW THEIR SITUATION....
**** his situation.

You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Son wanna talk slick about the next man and his situation and you want to stick up for him talking about we don't know what's going on with him when other ppl question his action and choices while he throwing shots about affording $2 juice while working at a Subwayn other ppl question his action and choices.

Tomfoolery of the highest order.

:smh:

Last edited:
Id probably only said something slick or witty back since I know I don't have a bad job :lol:.
What do you do for a living op? Maybe you're really mad that what he said was true and you caught feelings from that brah. It happens to the best of us. How did you do on the test? I hope old dude didnt mess you up mentally for it.

Dont read this unless you like the truth

You should be ashamed of yourself OP

He could have meant so many things by saying that.

Maybe he meant it in an encouraging way because he sees you are young.
Maybe it was a snarky joke.

Either way if words can cause you to "choke" someone you have issues
Two wrongs dont make a right

You should go back to Subway and apologize.

Another aggressive black man.

Dudes like you beat there girl :smh:

I hope you dont grab my collar for saying this

Back
Top Bottom