What would you say was the most important Air Jordan?

Originally Posted by girbaud2345

Plus it was the shoe he was wearing in that oh-so famous dunk contest where in my eyes he
really began to prove himself as "the greastest basketball player to ever live"

The III's. Those are what bought MJ back to Nike. I'd say didn't let him leave. Plus the I's which started everything!
A dunk contest doesn't make anybody a player, much less a good, or a great player...

Originally Posted by DaNextGrate

reviewjordanxviiiprofilewhiteroyal.jpg

Jordan played every game of that '02-'03 season thanks to them.

MJ wore them on games before Nike wanted to release them to MJ himself! Then he wore the same first pair for 3 straigth games!!

Jordans I

I started playing ball around the time MJ left College for the NBA and I will never forget seeing those Banned Commercials and then it was that All Star gamewhen MJ showed up all flashy and with what I call the MJ swagger. MJ was fierce back then and it was the perfect shoe for his style at the time. I like mostJordans and I think most of them have their place but to me, The 1's were so out of the norm, so unusual.

Originally Posted by BigSlamDaddy

Originally Posted by girbaud2345

Plus it was the shoe he was wearing in that oh-so famous dunk contest where in my eyes he
really began to prove himself as "the greastest basketball player to ever live"

The III's. Those are what bought MJ back to Nike. I'd say didn't let him leave. Plus the I's which started everything!
A dunk contest doesn't make anybody a player, much less a good, or a great player...
I agree that a dunk contest doesn't prove anyone to be a great player. But i think the world got a glimpse of things to come after that.
He had incredible hops(do i need to mention the freethrow dunk?), he had the world in his hands for the very first time after that contest.
He wen't up agaisnt the best dunker around at that time and beat him. So like i said before in my original post. "thats when in my eyes he began toprove himself as the best basketball player to ever live"

It has to be the 3s.. They kept him at NIKE... Thank God.

But the 11s also put the Air Jordan Line back in business

when Jordan came back from his first retirement, even

though they didn't fly off the shelves at first.

III becuase of the significance, but runner up is the VI. The VI was influential to the kids that grew up in the 90's, and is also one of the mostrecognized jordans of all time.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

OG III
This is the sneaker that convinced MJ not to leave Nike.
Lets not forget the visable air pocket and the legendary elephant print.

and the 11's

I would say the I's also because not only did they start everything but they started things off with a bang

with the whole black/red controversy it jumpstarted JB as the brand ahead of its time and it made everyone want the shoe

Not quite. Didn't he also wear the Team FBI's that year?

Originally Posted by ijapino

Not quite. Didn't he also wear the Team FBI's that year?
I believe you are right, Ijapino.

Well, he played most of his games in them.

Black/Blue at the photoshoot for the 2003 All-Star game.
eek.gif

ae2255eee7cc375306503ea4fffa3be78d20e6b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom