What year did you really start using the internet and when did you think was the prime?

The year 2000 is when my mom bought the family a HP desktop. One of the first websites I remember going on was Defjam, Loud records & NBA. Soon later I discover Shoetrends.com which later lead me to other sneakers sites including Niketalk. Never forget me & my sister discover Rotten.com lol. Me & her was both in HS at the time so we was blown away by that stuff smh. Was on the AOL chatrooms heavy during those days & eventually got put on to Napster that summer which was huge because our desktop included a CD burner so I was burning music & making my own CDs. Also cant forget the first time discovering emulators & roms too.

Last edited:
Whenever that ebaums world site was kicking, so it had to be late 90s in middle school. I had the struggle dial up internet from 98-03, but when my dad finally got high speed internet...cot damn, Justin Slayer started providing me with the blueprint to cheek beating later. Changed the course of history for me.

Last edited:
5th .. '98 Netscape Navigator at school. We barely got like 5-10 online after school. And only 1 classroom had internet.

We didnt get a home computer w/internet til late '00 and i could only use it night. Id sneak and get a quick 20 min after school.

The prime was of course when AIM, yahoo chat, limewire, etc were boomin

I remember in 2nd period my freshman year id hop on MTV's chatrooms while i worked

I remember netscape. Also napster downloading everything imaginable till they made you pay then shut it down

2000 or 2001 as far as home use.
yeah i remember the aol cd's and all that from the 90s but i never actually used them/had real access. they were cool to look at tho lol.

Definitely around 97-98. My older cousin was always finding the weirdest things like 40 second clips of a long golden haired Goku fighting which was crazy at the time because the states was airing Dragon Ball Z in its early beginnings. The peak for me was definitely around 03-04 with Limewire, Kazaa, Bearshare taking a large chunk of my free time. Downloaded Splinter Cell 2 on a CD-RW and was playing on my Xbox. Tryna spit game when on Blackplanet and was constantly listening for everyone to go to sleep so I can go into the computer room and jack off to my hearts content. Young Lacey Duvalle turned me into a man.

AskJeeves :pimp:

But probably around 2000 for me. DBZ Mugen, RPG, Printing out rare dbz pics to trace and act like I drew to show off at school :lol:. Looking for GT. Basically, DBZ and anime led a young me to the internet. As well as Napster and Kazaa. Then I hit 6th grade in 01....started using the internet for more mature things :lol:. Watching my bro and big cousin on the chat rooms and blackpanet....then I took a break...until someone told me in ‘05 that MySpace had chicks. Been here since.

eBay also brought me to the net. Trying to find throwback jerseys typing in “defunct jerseys” lol. Also, the hunt for kicks. Pickyourshoes, niceshoes, customkicks etc.

Around the late 90's. Had those AOL discs coming in the mail. Been hooked ever since.

Couldn't sneak online because the damn computer made all that noise when signing on :lol:

1.png

:pimp:

My first couple of years were spent printing DBZ pics and reading fanfiction :rofl:

Back then the internet was a process, and I think I appreciated my time on there more because I couldn't just spend all day on it like we can now. I think you were limited to minutes online or something like that, had to pay for more time online

I remember when you wasn't doing it unless you had a hotmail account :lol:

When aol was giving out those free 60 and 90 hour CDs you can sign up on

The beginning of getting yambs via the internet :pimp: I'll never forget.

Dirty macking on a Compaq computer.

Last edited:
When I really started using the internet for downloading music, games and homework was around 2001-2002

Around the late 90's. Had those AOL discs coming in the mail. Been hooked ever since.

Couldn't sneak online because the damn computer made all that noise when signing on :lol:

1.png

:pimp:

My first couple of years were spent printing DBZ pics and reading fanfiction :rofl:

Back then the internet was a process, and I think I appreciated my time on there more because I couldn't just spend all day on it like we can now. I think you were limited to minutes online or something like that, had to pay for more time online

I remember when you wasn't doing it unless you had a hotmail account :lol:
This is what I remember. I remember we kept signing up for AOL for the free hours and cancel then do the process all over again.

I never thought about this until now but I had the chat rooms chattin in 7th grade ... My AIM game was Lit! I was a complete ******* and would talk to numerous girls at the same time ... I guess this was 97-98

I think it was round 00-01. That first weekend it was installed I OD'd on cheat codes. I also discovered that thickness from miss scarlettsworld website :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom