What year did you really start using the internet and when did you think was the prime?

Started in 01, around the time I stumbled onto nt. I was BIG into shoes around that time. I didn't listen to rap around that time so i wad bumping some r Kelly on my laptop while looking at shoes and waiting for class to start. My boy saw me and was like "that nword love shoes. He back there listening to slow music while he looking at shoes" :rofl:

First got the internet around 98-99. Internet prime for me was during the peak NT Summers days. "Gonna be a hot summer" :lol:

I still remember going to the public library to use the internet on their computers and would see dudes sometimes caught watching xxx content in there and asked to leave

I would say maybe 97/98? When my aunt bought a new computer, I would go to her house and search for dragon ball z pictures through yahoo lol. When my parents finally got a new computer, that’s where I got into using AOL chat rooms and social media sites like Asian Avenue and Livejorunal/Xanga lol.

'97 or '98 with the AOL dial up on the family Compaq Presario computer lol...

Last edited:
I can't recall the year, but whenever AOL was via disc, MSN was the go-to before Google was ever a thing, and Ebaumsworld was the **** :lol: .

Does anyone remember a site that hosted random playable games. Game Cafe or some ****? Infinite reps if you're able to remember.
Not sure if it's the one you're talking about, but I used to play a bunch of games on candy stand. Pool, pinball and a bunch of other stuff that were all lifesavers, skittle, etc themed lol

Man us 90’s kids know the struggle.

Waiting for a picture to load in about 20 different segments.

Napster song taking an hour to download only for it not to work and have to start over.

Phone call knocking you offline.

Once I got dsl and a laptop I was mint.

had to be back in early-mid 90s. prob like 94. I remember my homie had a mac that wasn't even a color screen. aol was only distributed via disks. those chat rooms were addicting back then. But had to watch the minutes because was only using the trial haha.

But ish got real crazy when we found the room that was distributing the pics . now remember homie's mac was only black and white. So he got me some pics and i went home and put it in my pc--of course was color and "enjoyed" all 3 of those pics that fit in that 3.5" floppy disk. i was in what 6th or 7th grade. the only thing that was floppy after peeping those pics was that disk :rofl:

This was a time when computers didn't come with modems. you had to buy that separately and no one did until aol was coming up. my friend had got a modem and i did not and thats why we couldnt just use my superior pc with windows 3.11 and color super vga monitor.

Prime HAD to be 00 because even though fast connection was still not really available, those who new about the internet at that time was superior to most people because most people had not even started really get into it until that time. So those who were messing with the internet from early-mid 90s had a real big advantage. And if you knew where to look back then, you were getting a lot of stuff that no one really knew where to find.

Now everything is accessible. its really almost all level playing field now

1996 when I first experienced high speed access at my school. I’d sit there for hours at my work study job searching for random **** just to see if it was on the internet. :lol:

And chat rooms. Ohhhhh the chat rooms. To think that I smashed some random chat room girl from Canada and didn’t think twice about it cracks me up now. Things were def simpler then or I was just young and dumb. Probably both. :lol:

MySpace from 04 - 08 was GOAT

Black Planet/Mijente from 2000 (ish) to 2004(ish) was GOATER

Very early dating/social media sites, females weren't playing stupid games. If you had decent pics and your flirt game was working, you were pulling within 24-48hrs.

If a white chick was on BP, you knew she was swirlin automatically.

Back
Top Bottom