Whatever Happened To...? (The NBA Edition)

With the recent announcement of this year's starting All-Stars, a guard that that regularly had a spot locked up in the West some years ago came to mind: Steve Francis.  He was one of the more entertaining point guards around that time, but he was made out to be a cancer. (I'm sure dribbling through all those screens and waving the rest off altogether didn't help either.)  What happened to the Franchise?

Also, where is Eddie Jones?  I remember him last playing for the Grizzlies, back when they were just making the playoffs for the first time or so.

large_rod-strickland.jpg
354937.jpg.22576.0_display_image.jpg

He's like 7th or 8th (something like that) in all-time assists, and no one ever mentions him when reminiscing about the 90s, he was never on any really memorable teams, and he just... vanished.

I loved watching him play.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

large_rod-strickland.jpg
354937.jpg.22576.0_display_image.jpg

He's like 7th or 8th (something like that) in all-time assists, and no one ever mentions him when reminiscing about the 90s, he was never on any really memorable teams, and he just... vanished.

I loved watching him play.
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
me too. 

he's an assistant for coach cal too
pimp.gif

What happened to Desmond Mason? Dude went from Slam Dunk champ, to captain of the Bucks... to straight ghost
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kklutch22

What happened to Desmond Mason? Dude went from Slam Dunk champ, to captain of the Bucks... to straight ghost
nerd.gif

He got waived by the Kings earlier this season

desmond_mason.jpg
Update: Mason was waived by the Kings on Thursday, the Kings' official site reports.Analysis: The Kings replaced Mason in the starting lineup with Andres Nocioni Wednesday night and signed Ime Udoka on Thursday. Mason struggled to find his groove, and the signing of Udoka made him more than expendable. He could be claimed off waivers by another team, but it's unlikely he'll go anywhere that increases his fantasy value.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Kerry Kittles?

Lucious Harris?

Damn near that whole Nets squad outside of Kidd/Jefferson/Martin
I think Kittles retired a few years ago after landing on the Clippers. Could be wrong.

Telfair is with the clippers now.

Kittles retired after getting traded to the clippers due to back issues. He was a scout last year for us... Frequents nets games here & there now.

Lucious harris got traded to cleveland then was waived later on... Never had any takers after that

I think Kerry Kittles is only a scout part time, because he works at a investment bank in NYC. His work email is probably published.

I would like to know why Big Country fell off the face of the earth. It seems like all he did was shatter a board and make fans go "ooohhhh" and then he has one good year in the NBA following a monster contract and vanishes.
P.S. - Wiki has all my answers, but it really did feel like he disappeared. 

Originally Posted by TheInfiniteSR

Earl Barron? Wasn't this kat a pretty solid backup 4/5 a few seasons ago?

Earl Boykins? He's on the Wizards right now.

but where is Damon jones?

display_image.jpeg

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Originally Posted by TheInfiniteSR

Earl Barron? Wasn't this kat a pretty solid backup 4/5 a few seasons ago?

Earl Boykins? He's on the Wizards right now.
Nah Earl Barron. Former big man with the Heat. You think imma mix up a 7 footer with a 5'4" point guard?
laugh.gif

act_earl_barron.jpg

I think Barron is in the D-League right now. I watched a game a few weeks ago and remember his name being said.

Back
Top Bottom