What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

rofl. I give nike an a for advertisement and its hyponitc grasp on the major population. Its called placebo effect, the swoosh sign makes you think its a higher quality product. Rofl guy above you probally bought a marshalls pair of hane socks. hahahahhaha

Originally Posted by DonTito

they cool if you wearing jeans, but if you have jeans on who is gona know you got nike socks on? They look %*$$** after one wash. No respectable person is gona wear washed elite socks with shorts after they have been washed. price for the socks are redundant. Its like expensive underwear where you can feel the difference...

its quite obviously you dont know what youre talking about, Nike didnt really advertise elite socks, it sounds like you dont know how to use a washing machine cause i still have socks that still look fresh that i wear with shorts that i bought from a couple of years and wear them often.  And saying the quality is just like hanes socks is just ignorant.  Please dont be a troll.

I do have to admit, although I like the socks, after you do wash them a few times, the blocks on the stripes do become frayed and get loose stitching.

Originally Posted by iezraw

@manamazing55
my local champs have em still.. and so did my local footlocker ( but that was a week or two ago ). just call in your local champs/finishline/footlocker and they'll probably be there.

im confused by your post, you mean they have white with blue stripes? Thats not what im talking about, im talking about CAROLINA BLUE based socks, with white stripes. Only UNC players wore them a few times earlier in the season

who the fk is trolling? im stating facts. Dont get upset when i point out flaws in  a product. You think u a swag monsta cuz you got nike elite socks? rofl. dude you only wear shorts with fresh socks. You get laughed at otherwise lol. Let me guess you wash a white t and wear more then 3 times? lol i only wear a white t once then its my under shirt.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I do have to admit, although I like the socks, after you do wash them a few times, the blocks on the stripes do become frayed and get loose stitching.

Havent had that problem yet.  I make sure that i wash and dry mine inside out and no problems so far after a couple months wear

its more to do with fading. can you guys not be lemmings and actually admit that these in dark colors fade... I know how to wash clothes bro. I aint like most of these Nts with moms washing they draws at age 35.....

they are confortable but its the same feeling as a hanes sock. 15 bucks for one pair of socks with the same quality hanes produces? lol

it be different if these where silk, cashmere, hell even japinese cottons.

These aint no True religion jeans where the more you wash the nicer the blue.

These are cheap grade f crap from china.

I like aj but i wouldnt say their the best in quality at the 180 price point for retros...

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

I cannot believe that somebody at Nike approved those platinum elite socks...

LOL.  was kinda thinking the very same thing.  Overkill x 10
tired.gif
.   I am really fine with the "old school" elites.  I do like the idea of the football ones with the reinforcement in the heel area, but the stripes are kinda lame IMO- looks almost like an under armour or adidas ripoff.

I assume those platinum elites are to match the platinum uniforms that 9 colleges will wear at least one game in the coming month?

its more to do with fading. can you guys not be lemmings and actually admit that these in dark colors fade... I know how to wash clothes bro. I aint like most of these Nts with moms washing they draws at age 35.....

they are confortable but its the same feeling as a hanes sock. 15 bucks for one pair of socks with the same quality hanes produces? lol

I like aj but i wouldnt say their the best in quality at the 180 price point for retros...
Black Hanes premium socks fade like none other..My original elites are still softer than a fresh pair of hanes
Who wears true religion anyways? 

I don't even know where to begin with this....
eek.gif

First off, if you don't like them, don't spend your $$ on them.  No one is forcing you, nor is anyone trying to tell you whats right for you.

If in your experience the Hanes, or fruit of the loom, or Brand XYZ is just as comfortable, functional, and durable, then by all means stick with them and be on your merry way.

Plenty of the guys on this thread like them, appreciate them for what they are, and get them either for retail, or sometimes less depending on deals, coupons, and whatever else.  Some pay more than retail.  I personally think they are comfortable, functional, and durable, and have had no issue washing them- colors fading, blah blah blah..

Just my .02.  if you wanna go out of your way to bash people who "buy in" to what you call "hype" or Nike's brainwashing, more power to you.  That's your deal.   I am sure we could all have a look in your closet and find some pretty laughable stuff in each of our own opinions.  To each their own. Move on.

Originally Posted by hod

I'm assuming these are the new ones from the front
Pqhgc.jpg
yeah.... those are not good.  Shorts look paper like as well.  IMO of course.  I am a sucker for many things orange however.  Those stripes look thinner than the ones posted a few pages back.

those that can afford them player. lol. its a forum to discuss products. Let me guess because i state facts about a particular product that you perceive  as a swag booster hurts your feelings? Let me guess your going to put me on a e-gas chamber or kill me off  like stalin did to the ukraine? oo.  truth is these socks are what you can get from an average store in the mall and even more pairs. I guess hypebeast are going to be  hypebeast.

those that can afford them player. lol. its a forum to discuss products. Let me guess because i state facts about a particular product that you perceive  as a swag booster hurts your feelings? Let me guess your going to put me on a e-gas chamber or kill me off  like stalin did to the ukraine? oo.  truth is these socks are what you can get from an average store in the mall and even more pairs. I guess hypebeast are going to be  hypebeast.
I am cool with you "discussing" the product.  Obviously they didn't work for you- you don't like them- you feel they are a ripoff- whatever the case is, we're clear on where you stand and you are perfectly entitled to that opinion.  You don't seem content on discussing- but rather making other people feel badly for liking them or buying them- what do you care- they aren't for you - move on.

Are my feelings hurt? No- why would they be?  That would imply that I care what you think or vice versa.  I wouldn't begin to think you care what I think.

As for whatever that mess is about e-gas and Stalin- no clue- are you trying to be cute or funny?  I can't tell.

We're all hypebeasts- all of us- except you- are you happy ?  You got a minimal rise- go bask in the sunset and be on your merry way with your Hanes and other socks from every other store.
happy.gif

This is all coming from the dude with some busted picture of playoff VIII's as his avy? Son, go sit back down. Your thoughts are IRRELEVANT. Who calls people hypebeasts anymore? I guess the same people who get butthurt about people buying socks

"japinese cottons"? LMAO, go back to grade school

So you argue that we overpay and hypebeast over socks but true religion is your argument?

Sure i purchase luxury denim, but true religion is the most overpriced garbage in the denim field. True religion jeans are the definition of hypebeast..

The irony.
grin.gif

This dude really said "japinese cottons".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

True Religion is whack, always will be whack, and was never hot. Save that garbage for people still stuck in 2003. I laugh/cringe every time I see a hood dude wear a TR jean jacket with matching jeans and think they are doing it.
laugh.gif
  And its only hood dudes that wear it, or little kids watching a Dipset video and trying to get their "swagger" right.

Terrible quality denim
laugh.gif

My local Sports Authority got the Football Elites in today...

They're sold in a pack of 2 for $25

Colors are...

Black/Grey
White/Black
White/Royal and Black/Royal (1 of each per pack)
White/Red and Black/Red (1 of each per pack)

I bought the black/royal-white/royal pack

Back
Top Bottom