What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Got 2 pairs of these today at Finish Line.. the whites and the blacks.

Too clean!!

wow..... didn't know such love for these socks.

They have a boatload at the lebanon nike clearance store and Pigeon Forge clearance nike store for 4.99........

I mean I have a few pairs. THese are good socks but I don't think they are as godly as people make them out to be. They are probably the best socks out there right now, but they aren't like perfection or make you play any better. The regular Nike basketball dir-fits are about the same IMO.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

They have a boatload at the lebanon nike clearance store and Pigeon Forge clearance nike store for 4.99........
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 I'm like 25 minutes from that Lebanon outlet.  Usually only shop at the Polo and Brooks Brothers and occasionally come through Nike for some ball shorts.  Can't believe I've been slippin on these up there though.  Ur the man 
pimp.gif

these socks are good, indeed.

As I suspected, after you wear and wash them, the grey stitching starts to fray on the back

anything comparable in an ankle sock...perferablly in a no-show?

I hate crew socks.

^there are also basketball quarter socks other than that they have running no shows and I think training and tennis socks.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I called the Lebanon store and they said they didnt have any Elite socks, one store in Pigeon Forge had a few pairs of quarters, and the other store didnt have anything.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I mean I have a few pairs. THese are good socks but I don't think they are as godly as people make them out to be. They are probably the best socks out there right now, but they aren't like perfection or make you play any better. The regular Nike basketball dir-fits are about the same IMO.

Of course they don't make your game better, they're socks.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I got my two pairs today and I only tried them on but I have to tentatively agree with this. They don't feel much different from the NBA socks besides the extra cushioning, but even that's barely noticeable.

I will play in them before I completely write these off as overrated, but then again a lot of NT'ers are fashion > function.

Originally Posted by KG21

I got my two pairs today and I only tried them on but I have to tentatively agree with this. They don't feel much different from the NBA socks besides the extra cushioning, but even that's barely noticeable.

I will play in them before I completely write these off as overrated, but then again a lot of NT'ers are fashion > function.
What makes these socks excellent is the materials used in them and the way they are executed.

Originally Posted by KG21

having more cushioning more than NBA socks is a good amount of cushioning...... NBA sock were basically the best socks you could get before these came out, personally i think they fit better..... and like Crazy said, they did a great job choosing the right materials and the execution.  They are fashionable and fulfill the function side as well.

word. i balled in mine for the second time tonight. yeah, they are comfy but they aren't
eek.gif
to me like they seem to be for everyone else. the 3 for 15 dri fit socks i normally wore felt the same as these elites do when playing. that good ol NT hype
smh.gif
laugh.gif
got me out here paying 12 bucks for a pair of socks.

Balled in a pair tonight for the first time, the material on the outside of the sock is way too soft, my foot was sliding around way too much in my ZKVs and I had tons of heel slippage. They look great yeah, but the performance is nothing to write home about. Some of you in here are acting like Nike just reinvented the sock when really, they just put a cool design and added some extra cotton to their Dri-Fits, and marked it up 240%. I would never pay retail for these, glad I only paid $4 for two pairs. Plus for some crews, they are cut pretty low, much lower than my NBA crews.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

word. i balled in mine for the second time tonight. yeah, they are comfy but they aren't
eek.gif
to me like they seem to be for everyone else. the 3 for 15 dri fit socks i normally wore felt the same as these elites do when playing. that good ol NT hype
smh.gif
laugh.gif
got me out here paying 12 bucks for a pair of socks.

The anatomical ones that much better than the reg dri fit?  The reg are 6 for 18 and the anatomical are 3 for 15.

Back
Top Bottom