What's the best concert you've seen? Most disappointing?

BEST
METALLICA
MADLIB
DEFTONES

LIMP BIZKIT had me
eek.gif
 and i dont even like them.

worst
linkin park
sick.gif

Best- Hard Knock Life Tour, good seats, every act rocked it (Jay Z & the Roc, DMX, Redman and Method Man
quick cameos, by Ja Rule, Eve and Mary, if I remember correctly)

Worst- Some Valentines Day Concert w/ Blackstreet, New Edition, 702 and some others I can't remember
the acts were all hot at that point, but they just didn't put on a good show.

Best- Cudi. Saw him a few days ago in Seattle and since dude cleaned up his act his live show is crazy good. A lot of energy.

Worst- T-Pain @ Summer Jam Seattle.
indifferent.gif

Best: Kanye West's Glow In The Dark
Worst: Kendrick Lamar...dude was soooo boring, his opening acts were terrible, he started late, only performed like 30 minutes, only performed one full song (Michael Jordan at the end), and performed alot of other peoples songs (dude did the first verse of Black & Yellow 
grin.gif
)

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Most disappointing has to be Nas/Damien Marley... they only did like 7-8 songs for less than 40 minutes. Atmosphere is always a letdown too. Lupe was pretty average when I saw him last spring... was trying to insert anti-war propaganda inbetween songs 
grin.gif
Mike Posner sucked, but I wasn't really expecting anything.

damn you serious about atmosphere? i'm seeing him in albany in august... been a fan for a long time i'm excited

all the live videos i've seen look dope. what was so bad?

BEST - flaming lips. so many visuals. absolutely mind blowing experience. my friend just saw them in vegas and said they were crazy too. wayne coyne comes out in a bubble and walks across the crowd.
45.jpg

47.jpg

most disappointing - the first time i saw spitta was kinda lame.. though more because of the 25 awful openers. the jet life tour stop i saw recently was great

ghostface killah takes the cake for most disappointing though. 3 hours after he was supposed to be on they announce his tour bus broke down in NYC
indifferent.gif
.... did end up seeing sean price for free though who killed it

^ I highly suggest everyone to go to a Flaming Lips show. Amazing live.. My friend knew none of their music and loved the show. Also, "Do You Realize?" live was almost life-changing. Such a beautiful song.

^^ there are no words for how seeing "do you realize?" live makes you feel
these guys truly perform. only a few of us were fans in the group when we saw them - i went to marist college, it was vassars spring concert at the mid-hudson civic center. everyone loved the show though.

Best: Jay-Z / Rocafella when American Gangster came out and Lupe. Dude is super energetic on the stage and his band is awesome. Bishop G sucks as his hypeman though. Wish it was Gemini.

Best: Kanye (Glow In The Dark Tour) %#!% was amazing 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Worst: Like a lotta dudes have said,Nas sucks hard live. I was mad dissapointed too cause I was really looking forward to it 
30t6p3b.gif

LOL @ everyone saying Nas. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laflech44

Most disappointing has to be Nas/Damien Marley... they only did like 7-8 songs for less than 40 minutes. Atmosphere is always a letdown too. Lupe was pretty average when I saw him last spring... was trying to insert anti-war propaganda inbetween songs 
grin.gif

damn you serious about atmosphere? i'm seeing him in albany in august... been a fan for a long time i'm excited

IDK man, it was a combination of things. He really looked like he didn't care. It was just Ant playing beats, and IMO rap shows are 10x better when any instrumentation is live. Also you may not be aware of this, but I live in Minneapolis and the hometown fans ride his nuts like no one I've ever seen. It's unbelievable. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Many could be my best.

But the worst EASILY was this year's Summer Jam set from The Diplomats, I've never seen such trash. Can't believe NY let them get away with that crap, finally the oppertunity to see the crew and witness that nonsense.

damn means alot coming from you. you would stay talking about shows youve been to on tinychat, for dipset to be the worse is saying something
laugh.gif

Went to some of the Lollapaloozas in the early '90's that were pretty crazy

A Cypress Hill concert I went to had tight security if you know what I mean...
Looking at them like "This your first Cypress Hill concert? Yall need to chill. You can't win this battle."

LOL @ everyone saying Nas. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

IDK man, it was a combination of things. He really looked like he didn't care. It was just Ant playing beats, and IMO rap shows are 10x better when any instrumentation is live. Also you may not be aware of this, but I live in Minneapolis and the hometown fans ride his nuts like no one I've ever seen. It's unbelievable. 
grin.gif
oh word yeah i had no idea you were out there. you seen him more than once? 
not too shocked to hear people D ride out there 
laugh.gif
 it's basically him and prince reppin' MN
def agree on the live band aspect though, gives the music a much fuller sound

Actually my best concert that I've seen just happened to me on Saturday. U2 360 in Anaheim. Not only is that concert just amazing in itself as that was the third time I saw it, but that night was a dream setlist. But that show in general is by far the best show I've seen. My runner ups for best concerts are Kanye (the tour off of Late Registration) and then the Fugees during the Score tour and the opening bands were Goodie Mob and The Roots. By far best Hip-Hop show I've ever seen.

Worst by far is Nas. That dude was such a disappointment. He kept forgetting his lyrics and only did like half of each song. It was so boring.

sonunox34 wrote:

grin.gif
laugh.gif

I've seen him twice. First in Fall 2007, went with a buddy who was a big fan. It was ok, but Slug was so corny at times... he came out talking like "yeah what would you guys do if I just left? If we didn't perform? You'd be pissed you spent money on a ticket, huh? Well good for you I'm stayin here" 
indifferent.gif
 Then I saw him Summer 2010 at Rhymesayer's Soundset festival and he was saying similar stuff. IDK why, Slug just rubs me the wrong way. I don't really feel any of those Rhymesayers guys besides Heiruspecs.
And man Slug's fans are the typical suburban white kids pulling up in Lexus rocking snapbacks with long flow hair, LRG t-shirts and Nike SB dunks...  kids from the Twin Cities suburbs would seriously die for this dude. Just sayin'. If you like Atmosphere, don't let me discourage you. These are just the kind of kids I went to college with for four years and I've had enough of that sort of crowd.

I really couldn't pick a best one... i've been to so many shows in the past year and loved so many of them.

Biggest disappointment was easily Eminem. Saw him twice this year, technically 3 times. Saw him at the home and home and then at bonnaroo. He also came out for one song at a Slaughterhouse show. Seeing him the first time at home and home was disappointing, and then at bonnaroo when he did the EXACT same set... and lip syncing most of it.

Saw J. Cole twice and he killed it both times, the first time I saw him there were maybe 250 people there and he still killed it, put on a great show. Saw him at Roo as well and again he killed it.

The Slaughterhouse show was probably my favorite though just for the fact that I've followed Royce and Joey since the beginning, to finally see them was surreal. When Royce did Boom
eek.gif

Overall thought Jay-z was probably the best show, put on such a good show.

I'm seeing Kanye a week from thursday and expecting him to take that number 1 spot though.

sonunox34 wrote:
grin.gif
laugh.gif
I've seen him twice. First in Fall 2007, went with a buddy who was a big fan. It was ok, but Slug was so corny at times... he came out talking like "yeah what would you guys do if I just left? If we didn't perform? You'd be pissed you spent money on a ticket, huh? Well good for you I'm stayin here" 
indifferent.gif
 Then I saw him Summer 2010 at Rhymesayer's Soundset festival and he was saying similar stuff. IDK why, Slug just rubs me the wrong way. I don't really feel any of those Rhymesayers guys besides Heiruspecs.
And man Slug's fans are the typical suburban white kids pulling up in Lexus rocking snapbacks with long flow hair, LRG t-shirts and Nike SB dunks...  kids from the Twin Cities suburbs would seriously die for this dude. Just sayin'. If you like Atmosphere, don't let me discourage you. These are just the kind of kids I went to college with for four years and I've had enough of that sort of crowd.

honestly that isn't at all what i was picturing for a crowd 
laugh.gif
 maybe in albany, NY it'll be different. sounds like Slug was being a douche though, who says that at a show? 
eyes.gif

no worries though, i'll still be excited 
grin.gif
 i've been a fan since godlovesugly dropped. i liked when life gives you lemons a lot, i wish i had seen that tour in boston but couldn't make it. i wasn't feeling that to all my friends project and haven't given the family sign a real listen yet.

either way, i think it's only $20 a ticket and i live a half hour away so will be checking it out. but thanks for lowering my expectations 
laugh.gif

Dudes saying hov was the best concert are probably referring to only his music 'cause all he does is stand there.

Back
Top Bottom