What's the best concert you've seen? Most disappointing?

Originally Posted by laflech44

honestly that isn't at all what i was picturing for a crowd 
laugh.gif
 maybe in albany, NY it'll be different. sounds like Slug was being a douche though, who says that at a show? 
eyes.gif

no worries though, i'll still be excited 
grin.gif
 i've been a fan since godlovesugly dropped. i liked when life gives you lemons a lot, i wish i had seen that tour in boston but couldn't make it. i wasn't feeling that to all my friends project and haven't given the family sign a real listen yet.

either way, i think it's only $20 a ticket and i live a half hour away so will be checking it out. but thanks for lowering my expectations 
laugh.gif

Don't let me ruin it for you. I didn't know the words to any of the songs going in... everyone else did. I'm not really a fan of his to begin with... but then again, I only saw two of his shows. You should enjoy it. I'm sure you will. Have fun. 
tongue.gif

Best is a toss up b/t Hov's HOTC w/ Mary J @ msg a few years back and Wale's show at tiny Le Poisson Rouge back in '09 where Cole opened for him.

Worst? EASILY Lauryn Hill at the House of Blues earlier this year. She really gave a terrible performance, on top of being dumb late.

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Dudes saying hov was the best concert are probably referring to only his music 'cause all he does is stand there.

Not sure what your talking about. Part of why I enjoyed Hov so much was the songs he selected.. when he did his verse from Guess Who's Back me and my friend looked at each other at the same time with the "oh s***" look on our face. But I thought he did a GREAT job of getting the crowd involved, great showmanship if you ask me. I know a lot of people who saw him at bonnaroo last year that don't even listen to him who say the same thing. Em on the other hand....
30t6p3b.gif

Best was a Sean Paul concert the whole show was good.

Nas was the worst, he never showed up...

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

Best: of Montreal.
oM puts on a GREAT show
pimp.gif

I would also say:

Bloody Beetroots @ Hard Haunted Mansion 09
Jack's Mannequin/ Something Corporate & Brand New @ Bamboozle Left 06
Taking Back Sunday
Tech N9ne
Rusko

Tool.

amazing set at Red Rocks.

unlike any of the hundreds of hip hop shows I've seen.  

runner up: Yeezy.

Originally Posted by yvespo3

Dudes saying hov was the best concert are probably referring to only his music 'cause all he does is stand there.
Maybe so, but he knows how to command a crowd and get the audience involved. Throw that in with the fact he makes music that can be broken down and replayed by a live band and you'll have a great show. The only "problem" with Jay now is that he does the same songs for the most part.

As for Nas, I guess I'm lucky. I've seen him four times and he's ripped it each time, maybe he takes his live show serious when he gets here but I've had no complaints.

Lu was one of the best ive seen. This was before he turned into a complete #$!@* though. Ye was awesome and Jay was great as well when I went to see em.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

As for Nas, I guess I'm lucky. I've seen him four times and he's ripped it each time, maybe he takes his live show serious when he gets here but I've had no complaints.

I saw a Nas concert and he ripped his Illmatic set. One of the best experiences I've had... but his last song in the concert was Hero and he forgot the ENTIRE thing
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Can't complain though. 

Anyway, for a lot of these concerts we sayin, we gotta give credit to 1500 or Nothin... They're the band majority of these acts are getting because they're awesome. 

Seen them plenty of times and I know I'll see a good show if they're playin.

Wiz during the Deal or No Deal Tour. It was like a couple weeks after Kush & OJ came out so his buzz was RIDICULOUS at this point.

Awesome to see an artist at the exact moment that they were basically breaking through, in a tiny @@@ venue in my hometown for $12.

Gym Class Heroes was pretty hype for a free show at Duke.

Lupe right before F&L dropped at Nuemo's in Seattle. Dude preformed straight Mixtape joints and the whole crowd knew most of the verses. #!$# was amazing, when he did Conflict Diamonds and spit the entire verse no hypeman help at all
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Daydream was ill too
pimp.gif

kanye west tour....he stopped the show and called me and my girl out for sitting down in front row during his performance. jayz and mary heart of city...may can perform like no other.

Seen Lupe 9 times now, dating back to 05...his old shows used to be SOOO RAW. i saw him at HOB once, and he played for 2 and a half hours, playing both albums and some mixtape stuff...show was INSANE.

He is still good, but i just can't rock with his setlist...

Jay-Z BP3 tour, J. Cole. Big Sean was good one time I seen him with Mike Posner then horrible when I seen him by himself.

Best: DJ Quik at the Fillmore - 2006. Was supposed to preform with a live band, but band couldnt make it. Just him for about 2.5 hrs.

Worst: I remember not being impressed with Fabolous at Roc the Mic

Best-The Foreign Exchange. ive seen them bout four times now, twice in la,sf,ny and never seen the same set. Phonte is just that dude! Period!

-Kanye gitdt was crazy

-The Roots new years eve two years ago, madness
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Worst-Common by far. only highlight is Kanye coming out doing bout three song and stealing the show 
laugh.gif

Many could be my best.

But the worst EASILY was this year's Summer Jam set from The Diplomats, I've never seen such trash. Can't believe NY let them get away with that crap, finally the oppertunity to see the crew and witness that nonsense.
Cooooooo-sign...
In fact, the whole Concert was pretty underwhelming,  probably the worst concert I ever been to (granted, I only been to like 10 concerts)

The best concert I went to was easily The Yankee Stadium one...  

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

Many could be my best.

But the worst EASILY was this year's Summer Jam set from The Diplomats, I've never seen such trash. Can't believe NY let them get away with that crap, finally the oppertunity to see the crew and witness that nonsense.
Cooooooo-sign...
In fact, the whole Concert was pretty underwhelming,  probably the worst concert I ever been to (granted, I only been to like 10 concerts)

The best concert I went to was easily The Yankee Stadium one...  
don't let Ninjahood hear dis nonsense...da Dips brought NY together though

I've only been to 2 official concerts. Both of them were double headers and I went to the first night both times

-Anger Management 3 in Madison Square Garden in 2005 in the front row free of charge. Opening acts were Lil' Jon, Lil' Scrappy (
laugh.gif
) and Pitbull followed by the OG G-Unit (in their prime/minus the Game). They brought out Busta and Mobb Deep and some others. Then the D12 set followed by Em's set which was amazing. Dapped up Em and Proof (RIP)

-Blueprint 3 tour in Yankee Stadium last year. Missed the opening acts which were B.o.B or w.e dudes name is and someone else. Got in my seat right at the starts of Em's set. Basically both Em and Jay killed it that night, not to mention Kanye who basically stole the show

Still mad as +%+$ I missed out on GITD and patiently waiting on his next tour

Home and Home. First Yankee Stadium show. Em and Jay killed it. Bringin out 50 and Dre, whole crowd rappin Juicy, Big Pimpin, Ye comin out 15 minutes into the set.
pimp.gif

BEST- Had to be Kanye West, glow in the dark at MSG (Lupe, N.E.R.D opened up and a guest appearance by Jay-Z.)
Bruno Mars was pretty dope too (Plan B and Faith SFX opened up for him)

Worst- 30 Seconds to Mars

Back
Top Bottom