Whats the deal with Asians being so uptight about interracial dating?

Filipino families have definitely been the most accepting in my experience
pimp.gif

My ex's mom hated me even before she met me because she's Chinese and I'm Korean.
smh.gif
I dated her for a year and a half and the only time her momsaid something to me was when she threatened to call the police on me.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I read in my psych of gender textboo that Asian Americans feel that Blacks and Hispanics are the inferior race so they do not want their children dating thetwo races. The primary race they want their children dating is their own on the strength that it is THEIR race. The second is Whites b/c they see Whites as thesuperior race. So for them to intertwine w/ the superior race gives them a boost up in society.....At least that's what I read, which makes sense. Same w/those of Indian ethnicity.

really tho my parents thought black people are the worst of all, why i should ask i think its because of all the black people they see and how they representthemselves in a bad way, so i guess i know what they are coming from. now they are cool because i have a black and japanese friend that we treat him as familyso my parents in a way dislike some black but not as much.

Chances are they don't have a huge real life frame of reference to go by when it comes to minorities and therefore have to rely on what they see in themedia, which obviously there isn't tons of positive depictions of African Americans in mainstream media.

But yea like Dirty and everyone else have said, it's not something exclusive to Asians and the fact you'd stereotype them for stereotyping you isironic and asinine.

I'm a big black guy (made a post about it one time), and damn near everyone's scared of me, not just Asian ladies. I've literally had people injurethemselves trying to escape me (old lady in the Wal Mart parking lot tripped and fell over one of those rain gutter things).

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I read in my psych of gender textboo that Asian Americans feel that Blacks and Hispanics are the inferior race so they do not want their children dating the two races. The primary race they want their children dating is their own on the strength that it is THEIR race. The second is Whites b/c they see Whites as the superior race. So for them to intertwine w/ the superior race gives them a boost up in society.....At least that's what I read, which makes sense. Same w/ those of Indian ethnicity.
ahhaha my parents say avoid the white people because they are greedy, dont get me wrong i even heard Dat Phan say it on the radio

Originally Posted by tmukg21

[h3]Whats the deal with Asians people being so uptight about interracial dating?[/h3]

*fixed*

Asian family + girl's boyfriend that is beside their race =
eyes.gif
It doesnot mix...most of the asian parents are just born with a message in their mind to not let their daughters date anyone out of their race. If you go to any asianfamily's gathering, they're all gonna be asian, you never see a black, white or hispanic dude in one before have you? Not trying to be racist but thereis some truth to it.

You're the first, usually asians are warm and welcome about this although they do encourage their kids to marry their own race etc but that's far frombeing raciest.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

I was a pretty "bad" kid and she changed me for the better.
So they were right at one point.
No.

"bad" as in, during high school I would sometimes not turn my homework in and skip school and showed no ambition. That type of "bad", notbad as in getting into trouble with the law, doing drugs etc. Her parents do not know anything about me, do not know about my past, do not know anything aboutmy family. They just hate on me simply because I am black, and their daughter is the "baby" of the family.

-The Juice

Many Asian parents are racists deep down inside (my mom is and I know some of my friends' parents can be as well). And I will co-sign with aubstuh86;Chinese people can be very narrow-minded (I'm Chinese...I've seen it so many times)

Basically, they all think blacks and hispanics are inherently evil
smh.gif
. Or, they come from very traditional households and think Asians should only marryAsians.

Even they are racist among their own...I know someone Chinese dating a Korean girl and some members of his family have been giving the
smh.gif
about it.

Maybe they have a genuine reason to dislike you, and you are blaming it on racism. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

I'm Asian and I don't think my parents wanna see me come home with any chick.
laugh.gif
, I'm gonna do it one day though, even though I don't evenhave a room anymore.

my parents don't care as long as you enter the house and greet them with proper respect and etiquette, like saying hi to them and asking them how their daywas. this applies to all friends and girlfriends of every ethnicity

just try being friendly with her parents, you're gonna have to make the first move

Just so you know, my mom is Chinese and her mother told her not to ever bring a black guy home when she was younger. A lot of older asians are racist, but thenagain so are a lot of older _______.

Back
Top Bottom