Whats The Differnce Between A Mc And A Rapper in your words...

Mc's do it for love...
Rappers Do it for ringtone sales...

Mc's floss when It's time...
Rapper "try" to floss even when cats could care less...

I'll add more later.

MC - Delivers A Message, Can Tell A Story, Can Paint A Picture With Words, Can Connect With People On An Emotional Level

Rapper - Good At Rhyming Words Together

mc-loves what their doing, loves the culture, respects hip hop, doesn't really care about sales

rapper-always flosses, could care less about the culture, loves money more than music

Hey kids guess what

MC= MASTER OF CEREMONIES BEING AN MC MEANS IS AKIN TO BEING A PARTY HOST NOT SOME QUIET KID IN THE CORNER WHO WRITES RAPS

just though you should know... man an emcee presides over ceremonies don;t try and change the definition of word to what you think it means or what you thinkit should mean ...

Originally Posted by MALI700

Hey kids guess what

MC= MASTER OF CEREMONIES BEING AN MC MEANS IS AKIN TO BEING A PARTY HOST NOT SOME QUIET KID IN THE CORNER WHO WRITES RAPS

just though you should know... man an emcee presides over ceremonies don;t try and change the definition of word to what you think it means or what you think it should mean ...

Tryna Kick Knowledge of wikipedia though.
indifferent.gif

There's always one dude....
laugh.gif

Hey kids guess what

just though you should know... man an emcee presides over ceremonies don;t try and change the definition of word to what you think it means or what you think it should mean ...
cb835e42e1ecc0aadcd0ba04f1a1eea779b3ff9.gif

How am i trying to "kick knowledge of wikipedia"? thats what the word means end of story, but if you want an answer to the question

An Emcee has to be able to move crowd, he has to make a function interesting, and be able to engage the auidience

A rapper is a musician, who uses language to create a message to entertain or inform depending on his/her purpose

^ What he said and my first introduction to an MC was KRS.

Originally Posted by houser34

Rappers spit rhymes that are mostly illegal.
Emcees spit rhymes to uplift they people.
Not always true.

I consider G Rap, Biggie and Pun (just to name a few) some of the best MC's ever.

Originally Posted by YoungHovLucas

Originally Posted by houser34

Rappers spit rhymes that are mostly illegal.
Emcees spit rhymes to uplift they people.
I can Dig it...
pimp.gif
I also feel the other cat.
People who usually say they are 'MC's are lame

How you figure...?
tired.gif

I know mad cool$### MC's and a heap load of goofy N's that claim there rappers...
So I'll let chu tell it...

They aren't two different things.

I think of MC's as a sub-category of Rappers.

Not every rapper is an MC though.

Back
Top Bottom