Whats with all the crying about the NBA refs? You don't like it, don't watch it. That simple.

*Sees through the smokescreen*

The only reason you wrote this is so you can use this as an EXCUSE if the Cavs beat the Lakers. Stop Frontin' like it's something else when it's about having an excuse when Bron beats Kobe for the 'Chip....

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

So let me get this straight.
OP complains that people on NT should stop crying about the refs in the game threads.
Some good points are made on why WE should complain about the refs.
OP comes back in thread insult two members and one lame responds on Jordan push off that happen 12 years ago.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man this thread ain't about no refs...It's about OP picking the CAVS to win it all...Right?
nerd.gif

NO its about telling people to SHUT THE @%%+ UP BECAUSE THEY RUIN THE SPORTS FORUM WITH ALL THIS CRYING ABOUT THE *%#%!%@ REFS!!!!!!!!

hey i got an idea. instead of cluttering all the playoff threads with crying and complaining why not come in this thread to complain??

Originally Posted by NobleKane

OP complains that people on NT should stop crying about the refs in the game threads.
OP comes back in thread insult two members and one lame responds on Jordan push off that happen 12 years ago.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man this thread ain't about no refs...It's about OP picking the CAVS to win it all...Right?
nerd.gif

NO its about telling people to SHUT THE @%%+ UP BECAUSE THEY RUIN THE SPORTS FORUM WITH ALL THIS CRYING ABOUT THE *%#%!%@ REFS!!!!!!!!

hey i got an idea. instead of cluttering all the playoff threads with crying and complaining why not come in this thread to complain??

you complain about kobe and the lakers every chance you get, though

Anybody that doesn't think the officiating ruins basketball is just blind to it.

people dont watch basketball as much as they watch the other 3 major sports of the united states.

1. football
2. baseball
3. basketball

now if you want to compare basketball all over the word....in terms of being viewed by people....it will be probably be near the bottom...when it comes to major sports

so to answer op's, people do stop watching. and its showing because the nba is losing money last time i checked

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

You posting most of the time is pathetic

But i agree with everything you said. This is one of the main reasons why i'm so turned off from the NBA these days.

Wow...Who would of guessed it would be Noble Kane to post some %*$* like this. You got issues man. Tempor tantrums while on the internet.

Yea...Say whatever you want about me, but most people don't like you on here. *Waits for I don't care what people think of me response*

If people don't like you on here, I can't even imagine how you are in real life.

PS...I still remember one of your usual Kobe hating multiple posts of you bashing the living daylights out of him, then him hitting the game winner VS boston and you trying to celebrate with the rest of us Laker fans..

Lmao....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]NO its about telling people to SHUT THE @%%+ UP BECAUSE THEY RUIN THE SPORTS FORUM WITH ALL THIS CRYING ABOUT THE *%#%!%@ REFS!!!!!!!![/color]

PB170977.JPG

OP is probably one of my least favorite Nt'ers
laugh.gif
smh.gif
*hits ignore*

Another example last night........38 free throws for the Cavs, 18 for the Celtics.  Who won the game? 

Refs don't matter. 

Dub, I know that Wade series was a little bit different.  I don't know what was goin on there honestly.  But for the most part, most series, for the past however many years, the better team wins, and the refs have nothing to do with it.  Everyone needs to quit @#$%^%$# about it and just win the damn game/series.  That's all there is to it. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Another example last night........38 free throws for the Cavs, 18 for the Celtics.  Who won the game? 

Refs don't matter. 

Dub, I know that Wade series was a little bit different.  I don't know what was goin on there honestly.  But for the most part, most series, for the past however many years, the better team wins, and the refs have nothing to do with it.  Everyone needs to quit @#$%^%$# about it and just win the damn game/series.  That's all there is to it. 
It's foolish to say the refs don't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. They most certainly do... especially in the NBA when compared to other sports (ie NFL where every detail is examined in hi def slow motion.)

How convenient of you to just brush off the 2006 NBA finals like you didn't know what was going on,  but yesterday's free throw disparity between yesterday's single game solidifies your point on unbiased refs.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

PB170977.JPG

laugh.gif

aint that the truth

Refs don't matter. 

i was actually thinking about what you said last night about the better team winning in spite of the refs.

but then i thought about how honestly the "better" team doesn't always win in sports and that's half of the fun. for example the giants beating new england in the superbowl. or those pistons without a superstar beating those lakers. sometimes the "better" team isn't "supposed" to win. and the lesser team that somehow finds a way to win shouldn't have to overcome the refs

but yeah the complaining is sometimes excessive. i have found myself yelling at he TV way too much over the last 3 or 4 of years. i don't know if tit's been THAT bad or i've been on NT too much.

^
And that's all I'm sayin.  Yes, there CAN be a series/game affected by refs/umps.  But overall just by the sheer amount of series that have been played and what not, generally speaking the best team wins most of the time.  Refs didn't cause LA to lose to the Pistons.  Refs didn't make the Pats lose. 

And really, a horrible foul call with 15 seconds left in the game, is just the same as a horrible foul call in the first 15 seconds of a game.  The difference only would be time to overcome a mistake.  What it really boils down to is what is actually called.  There are hundreds of fouls thru a game, moving screens, ticky tack arm touches, holding in football, bumping a reciever, but they can't call EVERY infraction.  They try to call out the most obvious or affecting plays.  And it'll never ever be perfect.  Even with TV replays over and over and over, we're all arguing Bron's travel bunny hop, and we expect refs to nail that at full speed?  Come on. 
laugh.gif

When you start missing obvious call though, it's easy to see where people were coming from. It was pretty blatant last night. I don't think the point that the Celtics won negates the fact that a ton of calls were missed and whistles were being blown 5-7 seconds into the shot clock when the Cavs had the ball. Celtics won the game but I'll be damned if someone tells me they weren't trying to give it back to the Cavs. It's not that blatant in every game and I also admit the fact that the Celts get some calls their way too.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

SneakerPro wrote:
Yall get mad but he's right.
why you still posting homie?
laugh.gif

What's the story behind this? Why can't he post?

SneakerPro wrote:

JapanAir21 wrote:
San Antonio Scum in the first round?

Better start looking forward to the second round already.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at it still being a close game even without Manu and Tim...

Mavs in 5. If it takes more than six games to these bums I'll leave Niketalk.

I'm dead serious.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Real talk, I meant it when I said I'll leave Niketalk if it takes more than 6 games beat the Spurs.

Barring an injury we should put them in away in 5.

They flat out don't have anyone who can even kinda slow Dirk down.

It isn't that we are a way better team than them we are simply the worst possible match up for them.

I'm still amazed they lost on purpose to play us.

laugh.gif

JapanAir21 wrote:
San Antonio Scum in the first round?

Better start looking forward to the second round already.
pimp.gif

this comment alone should ban JA as well
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

smh at the overconfidence these mavs fans
laugh.gif
...i never knew a team that won 4 championships are considered scum

if anything scum are higher seeds getting upsetted by a lower seed
laugh.gif

Damn JA, you're my ninj but arrogant much ?
laugh.gif

SneakerPro
nerd.gif

^
And that's all I'm sayin.  Yes, there CAN be a series/game affected by refs/umps.  But overall just by the sheer amount of series that have been played and what not, generally speaking the best team wins most of the time.  Refs didn't cause LA to lose to the Pistons.  Refs didn't make the Pats lose. 

And really, a horrible foul call with 15 seconds left in the game, is just the same as a horrible foul call in the first 15 seconds of a game.  The difference only would be time to overcome a mistake.  What it really boils down to is what is actually called.  There are hundreds of fouls thru a game, moving screens, ticky tack arm touches, holding in football, bumping a reciever, but they can't call EVERY infraction.  They try to call out the most obvious or affecting plays.  And it'll never ever be perfect.  Even with TV replays over and over and over, we're all arguing Bron's travel bunny hop, and we expect refs to nail that at full speed?  Come on. 
laugh.gif
I agree, but I do think and believe that the officiating is hands down more bias in the NBA than any other sport in the US. Officials make bad calls in the other 3 big sports and in College, but it is not on the consistent level of the NBA.

Bad calls ruin momentum and get into mentally weak players' minds when the game might be on the line. They continue to think about it throughout the game and at some point they aren't playing the ball game they are playing a game with the refs. Calls make a difference.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Bad calls ruin momentum and get into mentally weak players' minds when the game might be on the line. They continue to think about it throughout the game and at some point they aren't playing the ball game they are playing a game with the refs. Calls make a difference.

Thats true. You start to see guys playing less aggressively on defense because thet're afraid of getting additional calls. Takes the air out of the game most of the time. I really didn't think it was that bad last year but this year is a $+*$@%* SHAME

Hold up. 

So a bad call gets made, ONE, and a player lets that crap affect him for the rest of the game, making him play softer, slower, and THAT'S ON THE REF? 

Gimme a damn break.  If a player is that much of a weak @#$%^ then that's on him.  Yell at the ref, say what you gotta say, get it off your chest, go play ball.  Win the God damn game.  Don't gimme this "the ref messed up my game" whiny little girl with a skinned knee @#$% *&^%
grin.gif

Come on people. 

^ i don't think that's what they meant.

they mean if you keep getting called for bogus fouls you will be tentative on defense and not understand what is being called a foul. that's an inconsistency problem with the refs not some david stern conspiracy stuff, and you know it happens all the time

*cough* dwight *cough*

Back
Top Bottom