Whats your Major? Vol. Hard choice...

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by hometownhero25

Major: Journalism
Minor: Music Business

Free tickets to concerts and sometimes get to interview artists FTW
How is that FTW when you can't get a over a 30K salary?
Some people rather be happy than worry about money. People with your outlook are the downfall of America.
GET THAT LOGIC OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have an obligation to your family and your future family to provide the best life possible. Period. Your selfishness and your pride is the downfall of America.
You must meet the duty of bringing home as much bread as possible or else you will be labeled as "useless" by your own family.
As much as I do not like how capitalism runs america and life. You either adapt to society or die.

How is earning a BA degree in english going to make you happy when you won't be able to find a job? unable to get through a door? unable to find opportunities like other majors? Life is about exploiting your opportunities. You have this window called college. America allow you to create your own success, except you venture to an area which entails tremendous risk?

Read the recent Nytimes article; 24 and broke.

It is my duty as a 1st American generation to pay dividends to my parents struggle. To at least match their hardwork if not succeed further.

My mother came here as an immigrant and with my father was able to purchase 2 new york city houses with all the mortgage paid off. If I become a 30k salary earner, I'm failing my parents.
You Americans don't know what struggle is.
Whats your problem? Why must everything be about you?

roll.gif
@ you turning a positive thread into something negative, outrageous!

Anyway, I major in Marketing and soon will minor in Economics.

Some people rather be happy than worry about money. People with your outlook are the downfall of America.

You have an obligation to your family and your future family to provide the best life possible. Period. Your selfishness and your pride is the downfall of America.
You must meet the duty of bringing home as much bread as possible or else you will be labeled as "useless" by your own family.
As much as I do not like how capitalism runs america and life. You either adapt to society or die.

How is earning a BA degree in english going to make you happy when you won't be able to find a job? unable to get through a door? unable to find opportunities like other majors? Life is about exploiting your opportunities. You have this window called college. America allow you to create your own success, except you venture to an area which entails tremendous risk?

It is my duty as a 1st American generation to pay dividends to my parents struggle. To at least match their hardwork if not succeed further.

My mother came here as an immigrant and with my father was able to purchase 2 new york city houses with all the mortgage paid off. If I become a 30k salary earner, I'm failing my parents.

Dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Wow.

So much arrogance, coupled with ignorance. Unfortunate combination.
This is the way immigrants think.

roll.gif

I feel bad for you, brother. You are doomed to have a miserable life, always trying to please other people.

You fail your parents by becoming a drug addict and a criminal.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

roll.gif

I feel bad for you, brother. You are doomed to have a miserable life, always trying to please other people.

This right here is true....i learned the hard way..
You have to go with your passions...or your doing it for nothing.

who are you to say his max is 30k?

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Wow.

So much arrogance, coupled with ignorance. Unfortunate combination.

cosign, Im a 1st gen american also but me my parent are already here, were not in the best position economically but not as bad as other countries

why would I want to live miserable all my life doing some "just because", money isnt the only reason why someone would waste time in school
smh.gif

I'm majoring in Electrical Engineering right now, but I'm probably gonna change my major as early as the end of this week. I'm in my firstengineering class right now and I'm totally lost, I guess I just don't have the mind of an engineer. I'm considering Financing, I just need to do alittle more research.

I'm also having a hard time choosing, can anybody shed some light on how to help me choose

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I'm also having a hard time choosing, can anybody shed some light on how to help me choose
are you in college yet? and what are you interested in?

shut up, boy... dont nobody care bout you and yo struggles... lol...

we all about gettin money and being happy in here... and yo "my cundree is dee greadest" aass gonna come in here and hull everybody...

no disrespect to my immagrant fams, newly Amercanized fams, and folks w/ peoples that just got over here... but i had to get at this guy... lol...

Back
Top Bottom