What's your oldest pair that you actually still wear regularly that ISN'T falling apart?

I've been thinking about the wearability of my kicks recently.  I know it's weird but I've been like, "Damn, in like 2015-2016 are all my kicks gonna just fall apart?" 
roll.gif

I also asked myself about what the oldest pair that I still wear on a regular basis is (without falling apart of course).  I guess it'd have to be my white navy XVIs (2001), columbia XIs (2001), lightning XVIIs (2002 right?) and low pearl IXs (I think 2003).

What about all of you?

1.) What's the oldest pair (or pairs) you wear on a regular basis that's still intact?
2.) What are you scared to wear out of fear of crumbling or whatever?

I'm interested in hearing this.  Thanks guys.

1.my oldest pair ive worn is my og 1's, i only wear them on special ocassions, other than the it'll be my og shadow x's

2.my ds 99 4's, i know they would start to crack if i dreamed of wearing them, they've been untouched from release day

og concord xi's, retro white/fire red/black v's, retro columbia xi's, 2000 olympic vi's, og taxi xii's, mocha and black/cement iii's (not the cdp crap). this is all i can remember off the top of my head. a more interesting thing to add to this post is what's your oldest wearable pair that is prone to cracking and crumbling, i.e. retro's 1-10.

<=== I still wear all of my OG I's on a regular basis.  That's the great thing about OG I's, those rubber outsoles will probably never wear out or crumble so I have no fear of them falling apart on me.

It's funny this thread came up because I wore my '99 cement retro IV's the other day and the soles started to crumble.  With that said, wear your damn shoes!  You never know when they're going to fall apart.  They won't last forever so enjoy them when you can.

my oldest pair prone to cracking are my og 2's, ds no box though

then(started cracking already)

then

then these

Originally Posted by solejordan

1.my oldest pair ive worn is my og 1's, i only wear them on special ocassions, other than the it'll be my og shadow x's

2.my ds 99 4's, i know they would start to crack if i dreamed of wearing them, they've been untouched from release day
Yo you better bring those around for me to see homie! The Oldest I currently have are my OG Trunner Bubbles

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

og concord xi's, retro white/fire red/black v's, retro columbia xi's, 2000 olympic vi's, og taxi xii's, mocha and black/cement iii's (not the cdp crap). this is all i can remember off the top of my head. a more interesting thing to add to this post is what's your oldest wearable pair that is prone to cracking and crumbling, i.e. retro's 1-10.

So how are all those holding up?

2002 black/red VII. i've worn these consistently since i bought them in 2002 from footlocker.
15558_1278443250639_1516762134_710426_3180978_n.jpg

They are TANKS.

I wear all of my shoes without fail. I'd rather sell than preserve.

there would be older but i sold a whole stack of my shoes a few years back.

my 1996 XI black/red. I bought these from some guy 5 years ago. Yes, they were DS. I wear them hear and there. My baby momma tells me why i don't wear my 08 retro.

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

So how are all those holding up?

the concords i have 2 pairs. one is in decent shape other than just creasing in the patent leather and occasional retouch of  shoe goo. second pair is pretty worn out on the soles but i'm in the middle of removing some soles from some donor low xi's to sole swap in the future when time permits. the v's are still good for occasional wearing but are starting to show some wear and tear. the olympic vi's, taxi xii's, black/cement iii's, columbia xi's are still going strong with no cracking at all so i'm counting my blessings on these. the mocha's have started to crack but i don't care. i'll still wear them until they're done. i forgot to add that i have some other older issues that i don't regularly wear due to either they've already have started to crumble or just never think of wearing them. got the white/cement iii's from '94, white/cement iv's, og infared vi's which are either too crumbled or have started to crumble to the point of not wearable. also forgot i got a pair of retro black/infared vi's that haven't cracked but i hardly ever wear them due to the fact i don't really like wearing black jordans casually since i wear black jordans for work everyday.

all my 12's and 13's are stilling holding up

i hope so atleast

i have a og jordan 9 and 10 but i aint wear them in a minute

- My 2000 Black/Metallic-Grey V which I'm actually surprised haven't cracked yet. And I'd just UNDS them a few months back.

- 1994 White/Cement-Grey III. These are actually in perfect condition; no cracking/chipping and whatnot - just the heeltab is yellowed.
I've seen some people on NikeTalk that wore them and not have any problem, but I don't want to take that chances with these fragile shoes.

But I do have a feeling that I'm gonna wear them soon or at least within the next year or so. lmao.

My 3 pairs (white/red, black/red, custom black toes) of 1994 AJ 1 retros.
I have the 85's as well, but I just can't get myself to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom