What's your opinion on Texas rap?

It's been Texas All-Star day on MTV Jams. What do you think of Texas rap in general? I'm a fan, definite different sound than Southern hip hop. There's some good cats down there.

I can only speak for houston...and with that said, besides a couple of songs...im not a fan...when you SOUND like you from somewhere...its not a good look

i like a lot of it

scarface, ugk, devin the dude, slim thug and z-ro are all favorites of mine. i think its safe to say i like more texas artists then anywhere else in the south.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I can only speak for houston...and with that said, besides a couple of songs...im not a fan...when you SOUND like you from somewhere...its not a good look

Nas, AZ, Cormega and a lotta rappers sound like they're from New York City, which definitly is not a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

i like a lot of it

scarface, ugk, devin the dude, slim thug and z-ro are all favorites of mine. i think its safe to say i like more texas artists then anywhere else in the south.
Same, their music sounds good in the whip too.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Nas, AZ, Cormega and a lotta rappers sound like they're from New York City, which definitly is not a bad thing.

Nas is cool...he doesnt sound like the typical new yorker...

idk about AZ and Cormega i dont listen to them...

I mean i listen to alot of it with me being a texas boy and all I even might jam a little dorough and some of this dance $#%@ we got going on in dallas tO me its just music and if it jams to me i #%@$ wit it but i wont be doing the flex dance any time soon

That Flex dance looks like it would body somebody in the club on some Ong Bak type %@%!.

But yeah I !#$! with the Tex, mostly becuase my brother put me on to UGK when I was like 11.

These dancing dude IDK man. A few of my friends from school were from Dallas and NONE of the danced, it's probably a young boy thing though.

texas bout done as far as the cats that already on... all them _s old... or on some sucka %%@# (cham)...

and the young cats thats gettin deals from down there got no business rappin in the first place (durrough)

The only two rappers from here that haven't run out of sh*t to say is Bun, Devin and Face. Cats down here have been rapping about the same %+%* for 10 years now. Then wonder why they get dropped from labels or end up staying local down here. Lyrically, I haven't seen anybody actually trying to get better and that %+%* they rap about down here isn't even relevant anymore.

was a much bigger fan years ago

nowadays only cats I still check for is Thugga, Devin, Trea & Z-Ro

still bump old school Face, UGK, Screw & Swishahouse

I don't know a lot of Texas rappers.

Just Geto Boys, Face, Slim Thug, UGK, Devin(don't sound like he from anywhere), and I don't listen to Cham anymore

H- Town Rap is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EVERYONE can spit from there IMO Slim Thugga, BHO, Cham, Trae, Z-Ro, Scarface, UGK, some others

def a fan of the whole culture down there and im from MA

They got their own sound. Influenced by no one. But highly influential in the rap game. From BHO to LE$ to The whole D Town movement (Dancing and Street music) Durrough to Big Tuck to UGK to Scarface. No other State has that diversity like Texas

I love texas rap, I dont know why, I just really enjoy their sound because its not like your stereotypical southern type rap. and it seems like texas rap is kinda more than just music, its like a culture/lifestyle imo....

Back
Top Bottom