What's your opinion on Texas rap?

I always had an appreciation for Scarface & UGK.....But something about Slim Thug really made me appreciate them H-town cats a lot more. I guess cause he was a bit more flashy and I could relate to the music he was putting out (In my own mind
laugh.gif
)

But Houston Texas rap has substance, and all of those guys are dedicated to their rap (except mike jones...I never liked him)

Old School Texas Rap is Where its at...Real talk In the late 90's and early 2000's Texas Could've Took Over...and by tha Way Im Lovin' This Thread

yungstar and his flows were sick. throwed yung playasssssss. He switch from a motorola to a primco phone. Tell me, how does one switch from a phone brand to a phone company. Doin' it!

i'll listen to some bun b or scarface every once in a while...but for the most part..i dont get down with texas music

As for present (2010) texas rap I only listen to Slim thug, killa kyleon, j-dawg, bun-b,z-ro and trae. That's it. If I wanna bump some swisha house i'll bump choppin em up flows 1-9 and all freestyles (northside series 8,9,and ect.) I also listen from time to time some old school lil flip(suckafree mixtapes 1-14) lil mario street fame,lestor roy C.C.C and my ninja sabwarfare. damn I miss the early 2000's. ohh and I cant forget about dem SCREWEDUPCLICK grey tapes.  
2eb16d1f0c1b9e84c2af3efb7d530e0a199eb302.gif

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I love H-Town rap. But Dallas? And this is he city i'm from so it pains me to say this but these dudes are garbage. Come on all of us are dancing? Seriously? When Texas Rap has a family reunion the Dallas rap scene is that gay cousin that shows up twisting his neck and snappin' his fingers lol. Like I said I love my city but the rap game is not being represented right. DSR and T-Town was a better representation of Dallas rap then this is. We have a lot of talent here but as usual its all about the catchy hit. Dudes don't even care out here.

There was a time when people use to say Soulja Boy was gonna kill hip hop. I'd be that guy that was like "He's 15....so on and so forth". But I see his influence in the Dallas rap scene. I didn't think it would happen but he's influencing the rap game and not in a good way. Everybody is just out here for that next hit. Get 15 seconds of fame, get some show money and be back in Oak Cliff or the Grove in a couple of months.

H-Town rap is appreciated. Always will be. Like Cartune said, never bit off anyone but influenced many.
even though i dont  see anything wrong with the little dance movement we got in dallas and all but i see from your view also I never seen videos for DSR and rappers like tum tum on 106 and park or TV period and artist like them and even MR. pookie and lucci when they was on was not getting as much love as the dance songs

love it

been listenin to alot of old stuff lately maily this 

%+#% is just too mean
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
even though he said some slick stuff about the northside

this has always been one of my fav songs

This young man is going to change how Houston rappers are viewed...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Pmighty

geto boys
scarface
chamillionaire
already platinum
ZRO = realest $!$!! in the game

zro_main.jpg

But Z-Ro is that dude.  He is one of my fav rappers regardless of location.  Mo City Don Freestyle.....
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
anyboy check out heroin, it's on my list of Cds to purchase

In my world I don't call it Texas rap. It's all Southern Hip Hop but as for the dudes I know of from there they're okay. Some really good, a few better than the rest. That's about it.

I hold Face in the highest regard though. He makes great music.

Houston rap is always appreciated and gets respect around the country

Seems like all the Dallas dudes do is make them corny dance records"Flex" "Daddy Stroke"

And UGK will always be dope

im from Houston. Being from here. . .i can tell when somebody else is from here. . .that is NOT always a good thing.

there's more hiphop in texas than you think, but of course whats been on the radio or in magazines will be what everyone knows

here's a list of others to check for & if you're complaining do your homework on the list... with the internet it's not even hard

K-Rino
Bun B
Z-RO
Trae
Propain
Hollywood FLOSS
hasHBrown
Dustin Prestige
Upgrade - Dallas
Hero
Rad
Mic Skills
Zeale (Austin)
Delo
Phranchize
D-Risha
V-ZIlla
Nosaprise
Fat Tony
H.I.S.D
DnN
Hip Phonix
The Niyat esp. Snap
ii man army
PKT
and i can keep going

there's more hiphop in texas than you think, but of course whats been on the radio or in magazines will be what everyone knows

here's a list of others to check for & if you're complaining do your homework on the list... with the internet it's not even hard

K-Rino
Bun B
Z-RO
Trae
Propain
Hollywood FLOSS
hasHBrown
Dustin Prestige
Upgrade - Dallas
Hero
Rad
Mic Skills
Zeale (Austin)
Delo
Phranchize
D-Risha
V-ZIlla
Nosaprise
Fat Tony
H.I.S.D
DnN
Hip Phonix
The Niyat esp. Snap
ii man army
PKT
and i can keep going

I use to love it but I now I simply "like" it. Every one of my favorite artists from 2000-2005 aren't rapping the same as I remember. But I listened to people ya'll never really heard of like:

Liveola (my favorite)
Yung Ro (my 2nd favorite)
Lil' Sho
Lil' Ken
Kyleon
Chalie Boy
Tite
Lil' Ronnie
50/50
Rasaq
Lester Roy
Archie Lee

and a few more. Of course I listened to Slim Thugga, Koopa, Paul Wilikin, Fat Beezy, Tum Teezy, Big Tuck, Flip, Mike Jones, Magno, and everyone else who actually made it big.

Back
Top Bottom