Whats YOUR sandwich? - NYC deli's stand up !

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Cherry Valley in Whitestone has some of the best/greasiest sandwiches in NY.

I normally keep it simple and just get ham, provolone and honey mustard on a roll when I go to regular delis.

WRONG.

cristinas. Right next to cherry valley in whitestone has the best sandwiches.

smart asian dude stole the menu of cherry valley, cut off a dollar or two from the super expensive price, and created osme of his own stuff and it is amazing.

a heart attack is the best sandwich you will ever have. and i can never finish it, i can be completely full then i force myself to take the last 1/4

Little Lucca--

Pastrami on Dutch Crunch. Swiss Cheese, everything on it.

Not my pics but
l

the garlic and pepper sauce is
pimp.gif

yo, co-sign christinas > cherry valley, BUT imma have to say philly cheese steak hero @18th deli in CP for $4. ORR, a pepper turkey, bacon, monterey jackcheese, lettuce + tomato @ that bodega wit da brown sign that says nothing more than "deli" for $5 FTW.

The Sandwich Man back in Harrisburg, Turkey Club w/ hot and sweet peppers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But since I'm 3hrs away, nothin beats a home made sub

Originally Posted by DieselG5

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by DieselG5

Originally Posted by f360spyder

If any of you NYC heads ever go out to Long Island, PLEASE check this deli out...it has SOOOOOOOO MUUCH crazy amazing food but its pricey. Take the LIE to Glen Cove Road, go north on glen cove...its RIGHT over the bridge on your left. Gourmet Deli and you'll most likely see a ferrari, porsche or lambo parked in the lot.

Are you talking about Kitchen Kabaret?
Of course he is
laugh.gif

I live in Old Brookville so it's right around my way, I go there ever so often and my dad goes there a lot. Food is SO GOOD BUT EXPENSIVE. But the people that go there can afford it like it's nothing. Seeing cars there that are $100,000+ is typical, saw two R8's there before and the milfs there
pimp.gif
Cherry Valley, I only had it once. I was in Bellerose, my friend was having a party.....I think it was chicken, mozzerella cheese, bbq sauce on a roll and maybe something else but it was pretty good.

laugh.gif
I go there for lunch alot since i work right on Roslyn rd. The food is expensive, but it's definitely worth it.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I might stop by there later this week, last time I had the buffalo chicken sandwich it was
pimp.gif

Is there any sauce I can buy to make a sandwich a billion times better?
nerd.gif

I usually just put egg, ham, cheese and wheat bread.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Prosciutto with fresh water mozzarella and basil from Angelos Deli in Belmont Shore or Foggia Deli in Lakewood. If I don't opt for Prosciutto i'll usually step up to Capicola

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

damn this sounds like a $15 sandwich,,,
but uhhhh Sliced Chicken breast,american,salt,pepper,vinegar,mayo,tomato

spice ham & Swiss, crack pepper turkey & Pepper jack, or go to subways an get a Italian BMT with Chipolte sauce

Mayo
avacado
turkey
provolone
tomato
lettuce
ranch

called the Santa Fe at your local bel air!

We got something in my parts called the Goliath.

Big French roll, lightly covered on each side with dijon mustard, filled with hot, thick slices of corned beef (the truth), covered with pepper jack cheese andbannana peppers.

FTW.

Originally Posted by Mdotte

Prosciutto with fresh water mozzarella and basil from Angelos Deli in Belmont Shore or Foggia Deli in Lakewood. If I don't opt for Prosciutto i'll usually step up to Capicola

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

nah, it's about $10

But what the shop owners tell me is that a lot of customers leave on maybe a single slice and store the prosciutto for later use since the meat by the pound isabout $13, and they definitely put a generous amount of the cut in each sammich
smokin.gif

i went somewhere new today and had a chicken sandwich... probably the greatest decision i have made(not really haha). it was amazing and the place is calledrush hour cafe in LA

pastrami & roast beef hero

lettuce, onions, swiss cheese, no mayo no tomatoes...salt pepper vinegar oil on da lettuce and hot sauce on da meat...cold sandwich
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of my ALL-TIME favorites is the jibarito. Lettuce, tomato, chicken or beef between fried green plantains. Yep, plantains substitute for the bread.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Some places add extras like mayo, cheese, etc but I prefer to keep it simple. I've also had one with good ol' ham and cheese.

I urge any and all to try this ASAP if they haven't already.

1766806154_fd1acb109a.jpg

borinquen-jibarito.jpg

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

genova deli pastrami, really any good pastrami

^
pimp.gif
I go there all the time

If your in the Bay Area you already know

l

Originally Posted by GuerillaUnit

Little Lucca--

Pastrami on Dutch Crunch. Swiss Cheese, everything on it.

Not my pics but
l

the garlic and pepper sauce is
pimp.gif

KL9 wrote:
Originally Posted by derrty6232

l

They make the best pastrami sandwiches.
glasses.gif
On Taraval right? Had it once and it was
smokin.gif

THE BAYAREA> ALL

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

I normally keep it simple and just get ham, provolone and honey mustard on a roll when I go to regular delis.

WRONG.

cristinas. Right next to cherry valley in whitestone has the best sandwiches.

smart asian dude stole the menu of cherry valley, cut off a dollar or two from the super expensive price, and created osme of his own stuff and it is amazing.

a heart attack is the best sandwich you will ever have. and i can never finish it, i can be completely full then i force myself to take the last 1/4

i mess with Cristinas too BUT just the fact that Cherry Valley is the OG spot it's just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Originally Posted by gORJESS

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

CHERRY VALLEY is THE .. like THE spot for sandwiches after the club while you twistedd

are they open 24 hours ?

yupp

I gotta try them then, only place i really know in whitestone is like where the target is by the huge loews... any where near there ?

1229 150th St Flushing, NY 11357 (718) 767-1937

Originally Posted by Mdotte

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

nah, it's about $10

But what the shop owners tell me is that a lot of customers leave on maybe a single slice and store the prosciutto for later use since the meat by the pound is about $13, and they definitely put a generous amount of the cut in each sammich
smokin.gif
This dude def. knows his stuff
pimp.gif

Italian sandwiches >>> alll

and yes, Prosciutto runs anywhere from $12-18 a pound!

another recommendation... "Italian Combo" which is ham,salami,pepperoni and mozzerella (or provolone) and top it off with lettuce/tomato/oil andvinegar
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roast beef + swiss (or yellow american)+ lettuce/tomato and oil/vinegar (salt& pepper) is also
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cant forget... chicken cutlet + fresh mozzerella + roasted peppers+ lettuce/tomato/ O&V
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NY >>>>> all

Back
Top Bottom