When did "rape" become acceptable sneaker culture termanology?

Why is saying "rape" unacceptable but saying "kill" or "murder" (ie I killed that test, the wait is killing me, he murdered that beat, etc) acceptable? Killing is worse than rape no?
i was going to bringthis point up but i didnt know how to word it correctly

Calm down. You know its a lie.

I **** with Ross and all, but this is straight despicable/pathetic. I'm cool with girls, partying, drugs as much as the next guy, but dude literally spitting about raping someone.

i was going to bringthis point up but i didnt know how to word it correctly

hmmm. Not sure how to phrase it.

I mean, if someone attacked you and you killed the other person you could argue on the side of self defense.

If someone attacked you and you raped them....I don't really see how that would pan out.

I guess I'm trying to say there can be arguments made for a "righteous killing" and never really a case for a "righteous raping"

Why is saying "rape" unacceptable but saying "kill" or "murder" (ie I killed that test, the wait is killing me, he murdered that beat, etc) acceptable? Killing is worse than rape no?
This is a great point. OP stop being so butthurt and get over yourself, its a word.

There's no way duds are still crying about this terminology in 2013. 

Dude really said "in the last couple of years," like this is new. 

Yall need to let that **** go. Same type of dudes getting sensitive over the use of crack and dope.

I don't think it has ever been "accepted" but more "copied" by other people. It's definitely insensitive to say it carelessly and similarly when referring to a situation as "******ed" when it isn't. People say those words because it's not acceptable but convenient to describe anything with indiscriminate derision.

Of course people don't know anyone who has been "raped" or is "******ed" so they don't feel like they are hurting anyone's feelings. Which is why people think it's no big deal....

Last edited:
OP just leave this site. And the internet all together and go join a cult or monk temple.

Last edited:
I hear this used almost everyday from people the age of 10, to the age of 67. People become so adapted to modern slang, it is now the norm. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
How can any of you seriously say that it's just a word?

So what if it's become normal in some circles (yours?)?

That doesn't make it okay. Holocaust is a word. So is cancer. But they mean a lot more than that to many people - and they should mean more to any human being. It may not directly affect you but you cannot argue at all that the meaning of those words should be diminished by them being slang for something of little consequence.

Doesn't matter that it's 2013 and how far society hs progressed (although I'm not sure that the last 50 years have added much to humanity) we should be above using these terms by now - not accepting of them.

How can any of you seriously say that it's just a word?

So what if it's become normal in some circles (yours?)?

That doesn't make it okay. Holocaust is a word. So is cancer. But they mean a lot more than that to many people - and they should mean more to any human being. It may not directly affect you but you cannot argue at all that the meaning of those words should be diminished by them being slang for something of little consequence.

Doesn't matter that it's 2013 and how far society hs progressed (although I'm not sure that the last 50 years have added much to humanity) we should be above using these terms by now - not accepting of them.
It's just not that important. There's just so much more out there worth getting tight over. 

It's not just a word, it can be a very powerful word in context, in a different context it holds different meaning and isn't powerful at all.  Are you against the using the word cancer to describe harmful teammates in sports? 

You can't expect everyone to be affected by a word the same way you are. 

Last edited:
Whether or not we stop using the word isn't going to affect the number of rapes that actually take place . . .

I find it more interesting that people feel like they don't have a choice in paying ridiculous prices for sneakers . . . like it's impossible to just say . . . "Nah I'm not feeling paying 300 bucks for those Brons . . . I'll pass . . ."

And what's even crazier is people will get up early, take off school/work, and/or wait in the heat/cold to LOSE 200-300 bucks . . . backwards ****** . . .

Whether or not we stop using the word isn't going to affect the number of rapes that actually take place . . .

I find it more interesting that people feel like they don't have a choice in paying ridiculous prices for sneakers . . . like it's impossible to just say . . . "Nah I'm not feeling paying 300 bucks for those Brons . . . I'll pass . . ."

And what's even crazier is people will get up early, take off school/work, and/or wait in the heat/cold to LOSE 200-300 bucks . . . backwards ****** . . .
laugh.gif
 yea and also you could replace 'kicks' with anything else people want.  games, black friday 
mean.gif
 ish is ridiculous

I don't see Jews going nuts when someone says nuclear holocaust. Or when spike lee said slavery was a holocaust

Context brah.

I for one am affected by the word. I never use it, you feel free to use it, I think it is really unnecessary and there are better words to use. Its like how "******ed" is often used

Last edited:
Words mean different things in different contexts. Stop judging people solely by the words they use in the moment. Most of the time it doesn't fully reflect their true perspectives.

Words are powerful, but their use is also very fluid. I understand being insulted, but some of y'all need to get over yourselves. I appreciate your sensitivity, but in an impersonal forum like this, you can't expect people to be as mindful as they would be in other personal situations.

Last edited:
hate these over sensitive people.

Rape has so many definitions and variations it's a stupid ******g word to begin with.

you say the word and people get more sensitive than charmin tissue. meanwhile we don't know if someone was violently forced, got drunk and regrets something, was underage and the offender was a mere 2 age year different apart, etc.....

do we here the same fools crying when someone says "man we got killed in the last game" because you know murder is a real life, horrible act, with blood, and a loss of life. :rolleyes

It is prominent in the competitive gaming world and I don't mind it one bit.

look at what this clown william roberts said on a new song..

”Put molly all in her champagne/ She ain’t e’en know it/ I took her home and enjoyed that/ She ain’t e’en know it.”

:smh:

and then you got stupid **** like this. cause yeah you can definitely get raped by taking molly. :rolleyes

ignorant folks are always the first to talk, whine, and throw in their 2 cents.

Last edited:
do we here the same fools crying when someone says "man we got killed in the last game" because you know murder is a real life, horrible act, with blood, and a loss of life.
eyes.gif
This is all I'm saying. You dudes can't pick and choose what you get sensitive about, I mean obviously you can, but it's why the majority of people out there don't take it seriously when you do get sensitive about something as trivial as this. 

The word "rape" as an adjective has been apart of our vernacular for almost a decade (my circle of friends). We also use the words "******ed", "gay", among others. It's all about the context you use it in. A couple examples

We got "raped" by the Panthers last game.

I'm about to "rape" that exam tonight

Back
Top Bottom