When did the decline in JB quality start?

my 01 bred 1s are still holding up beautifully with minimal creases.....those 2013 royal 1s are a total disgrace 

I wanna say with the Mars IVs. I remember the hype around that shoe when they first came out, and then post-release was everyone here going, "WTF IS THIS?" What do you think?

around the sametime we started getting stupid threads like this on nt

I predict another year of packs when prices get over 200 a pair. I can see jb wanting 410-420 a pop and selling easily
grin.gif

2000 Midnight Navy's? Forreal? What the hell were you doing in those? I never had a problem with mine.

second retro run of IV's

starting with..

air-jordan-4-iv-retro-cool-grey-chrome-dark-charcoal-varsity-maize-1.jpg

da first jordans i ever had cracking problems with.

:smh:

Disagree.. Paint is paint.. On rubber it eventually is going to do what it does. I thought the CG IV's were a pretty good shoe overall.. Mine are still ok after I beat the hell out of them.

IMO, I think the start of the downfall for quality was shortly after the CG IV's with the XIII's and X's from 2005.. But quality on J's has been really inconsistent when it comes to retros. The Olympic VI's from last year has been the worst quality retro I've owned but the Motorsport VI's are the best quality retro I've ever had.

anybody who has 2012 Bred IVs,  has yours began to crack at all?

My CDPs were chipping away like crazy, just copped a 2012 IV

I took a break from buying Js around 07.  Most of the Js I collect are XII's and XIII's.  I picked up the white/red XIII's, the playoff XII's and Obsidian XII's and was very disappointed. The quality was nothing compared to the 12s and 13s released around 04-05

It's been a slow, drawn out decline..I'd have to say it reached an all time low when the CDP's dropped and they never looked back since.

It's been a slow, drawn out decline..I'd have to say it reached an all time low when the CDP's dropped and they never looked back since.
Some of the CDPs had pretty decent quality though...... other than the 3s and 4s. Those were 
sick.gif

the CDPs made me stop buying Jordans for a while. Paying all that money for mostly bad quality and only one desirable shoe per pack wasn't for me.

I came back starting with the Chicago 10s and am now done for as far as my eyes can see right now.

But to answer the question, complaints started before the cdps. Ex. Mili and Mars IVs

CDP 12 were ok quality, not great but acceptable. 18s were decent. But most of them were absolute trash quality wise, especially the 11s

CDP 12 were ok quality, not great but acceptable. 18s were decent. But most of them were absolute trash quality wise, especially the 11s

Most of da CDP's were excellent quality.. Da only

Ones that were questionable were da XI's cuz of da

Numbers peeling off.

Back
Top Bottom