When did you break up with your ex? Have you fully gotten over it?

balloonoboy

Banned
It will be a week tomorrow.

We were together off-and-on for two years. We had talked about marriage, kids, the whole shebang.

I haven't gotten over it yet. I know I will but I just can't accept it being over. She's told me this before. This time she says it's true.

Sometimes I wish I never met her. I want to erase her from my memory on some Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind steez.

But I know I can't. That if I pull the plug now it's going to be hard to resuscitate it later.

If...

A couple months.

I thought I was in love. I realize that definitely wasn't the case.

Looking back, the entire relationship was clowns.
roll.gif

it takes time. allow yourself to grieve, process, recover. my biggest suggestion is don't get some non suspecting female involved in your messiness when you know you're not emotionally available, isn't fair to the new girl, unless of course she's a JO with no emotional attachment. but to answer your question last ex i broke up with, we were together for over 2 years, had a perfect relationship til the last 2 months, just couldn't deal with it anymore. i was over it by the time i ended it.

A few months

Just got over her due to a recent conversation...

She isn't the same person i use to find so interesting, she pretty much changed for the worst can't say i didn't know this would happen......

it's been a year, 4 months and 16 days since the breakup of my first love... im still not over it
tired.gif

just kidding i got over that $!#* like a couple months after

About mid March after 5 years, but the last 2 years were not that great...I broke it off, but I'm still not over her....but I am starting to accept what happened...

About 3 and a half years ago. We were together for a 2 years . I've gotten completely over her. But shes getting married on friday, brings back a couple memories but nothing enough to warrant damaging my current relationship for.

Mid-March, 2 year relationship. I was pretty down about it for about 2 weeks then I realized that we totally didn't belong together and she was right in ending it.

2 year relationship. over 2.5 months ago. im not 100% over it but im doing my thing and living life.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i was over it before it was over so i guess that helped
laugh.gif
This.

I remember laying next to her in bed, feeling like we just broke up. When we decided to break it off, I was relieved, lol.

...I think about her from time to time, but I wouldn't accept her back for a second.

i wish the girl i'm talking to could get over her last break-up.

it happened in december, i started taking to her in february. could agree that's still not enough time.

in the times we've done things though, she's a keeper, makes me stay around

her attitude from the past keeps bugging me though

i don't know if i can wait around much longer. should i?

I had a 3 year relationship

broke up end of August last year

OFFICIALLY broke up New Years day of this year
laugh.gif
you know how these things go
roll.gif

To say i'm completely 100% over her would to be a lie. But I will say i'm always going to be 99.9% over her even a week after we officially broke up. That .1% comes from reminiscing, thinking about if things had been different and when I bump into her.

Straight up I see her once atleast ever 1-2 weeks but I keep it short and sweet, that part is over in my life and I know 100% that i'll never get back with her because I don't/try not to make the same mistake twice.

I'm surprised how quick I got over her, it made me re-evaluate what I wanted/needed in a relationship that I would want to be in.

Broke up in December 2009 and haven't spoken to her since. We were together for two years, on and off. I am not over her because not a day as gone by that I didn't think about her. However, I am not crying about it or do I want her back, that ship has sailed. I don't hate her one bit because people change. I know I'll be over her one day and that's what keeps a smile on my face.

Heyy guys.. I need some help for real right now.. Soo imma keep this short. Been talking to this chick since maybe January and we really got to know each other.. Didnt call ourselves BF/GF and I just got out of a tough relationship.. Some things happen between the 2 of us and stopped talking 2 months ago completely.. Soo my question is should I try and start things off right again? And if soo how should I go about doing it? Thanx

Originally Posted by TheAbove

it happened in december, i started taking to her in february. could agree that's still not enough time.

A part of me would suggest you move on , depending on how old you are....But if you see potential in her, you need to create a memorable experience with her. Go on a trip wither her, you both need to explore something new, together. Experiences like that tend to bring people together, you form much more than a lustful bond, you develop history.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Sometimes I wish I never met her. I want to erase her from my memory on some Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind steez.
nights like this... ...
tired.gif
... a year and a half wasted.. not incredibly long, but just long enough
smh.gif
... took me till a month ago and we broke up in august..

Originally Posted by toast1985

Originally Posted by TheAbove

A part of me would suggest you move on , depending on how old you are....But if you see potential in her, you need to create a memorable experience with her. Go on a trip wither her, you both need to explore something new, together. Experiences like that tend to bring people together, you form much more than a lustful bond, you develop history.
i definitely hear you on all said points. i'd say were still young at 22, but being from canada it makes us feel a bit "old" since legal age is 19. regardless, i've waited and she's like the girl i've always imagined that i'd date longterm. with her problems, its just conflicting with that i thought it could be, we did mention a trip to chicago come late summer, i've already taken her to classy spots downtown within regards to building history.
she's slowly getting there as so she says, but not ready to go public. it puts a flaw to the said "commitment," at least in my mind anyway.

bah, the troubles to date a girl 
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom