When did you finally put the CD player to rest?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

soon as all da mixtapes i wanted were digital only i knew i had to get a ipod....got me a 160 gig and backed up my entire music colllection.
pimp.gif
Did the same thing not too long ago.

I was the first person I knew with an mp3 player....I had one of those RIO ones, then a Creative something or other, it was a few years before the iPod cameout.

They held like 4 or 5 songs at first but I still thought it was dope
laugh.gif

I actually bought the very first widely available portable MP3 player, the Diamond Rio, in '98. It cost $200 and held about 60 minutes worth of music - butit was flash based, making it perfect for athletic applications.

The RIAA sued Creative Labs and attempted to file an injunction to prevent the device from launching - though the suit was settled out of court.

When I got tired of buying batteries and rechargeable batteries were hard to come by.

04-05 my dad got me my first mp3 player, he got me into music. ever since ive downloaded music almost every day of my life. music now plays a huge roll in mylife... i didnt go ANYWHERE without my mp3 player or cd player.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Summer of 2001, I begged my parents for a 128MB Intel Pocket Concert. It was like $300
laugh.gif
which now could get you a 120GB I was big on Minidiscs in 2002
roll.gif
LED Backlit on that tiny screen, and you could input the artists name and song info (took forever though)

same thing here. that Intel joint was
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif
...all 128MB ofit
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
pocket-concert.jpg

I was the first person in my circle who adopted MP3 players early, so everyone was trying to get on that thing. It got stolen a few months later
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif
, but moms scooped me up Sony Minidisc player that chirstmas and istayed on that for a good 3 years, when i copped the 20GB iPod Photo.
00693951.jpg

ipod_photo.jpg

I still have that minidisc player too

still using mine in my car

stopped using my portable cd player when i got the first nano in late 2005

Still buy cd's off amazon (cheaper than buying an entire album on itunes) every now and then ill play a cd in my car

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I believe it was the middle of Sophomore year of high school.
I went to a ghetto school in Freshman year where nobody had an iPod and they used CD players. I transferred over to a more richer school Sophomore year and to my surprise, everyone and their mom had an iPod. It was also the year the iPod Video came out and that's what I ended up copping.
can you get a refund??

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

04-05 my dad got me my first mp3 player, he got me into music. ever since ive downloaded music almost every day of my life. music now plays a huge roll in my life... i didnt go ANYWHERE without my mp3 player or cd player.

thats all good and dandy but do you pay for the music ?

04 9th grade

I had an iRiver.

I was like the first dude in my entire school who had an MP3 player and i use to carry it around my neck. People would always walk up to me and ask what itwas, at first everybody thought it was a phone but i was like nal you put music on it

I felt like that ninja back then
pimp.gif
. Then i transfered sophomore year and everybody had an ipod. Lets just say i had to but my mp3 player to rest

i think around 2004 or so.. it was around the time i left middle school.

all i remember is that i used to get MONEY burning CDs for people in middle school. all of a sudden, when i went to HS everyone had mp3 players and my businesswas crushed
mad.gif
. i had a little 128MB one at first, then i got my currentiPod video like 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

stopped using my portable cd player when i got the first nano in late 2005
Same here, got mines stolen out my locker. Loved that thing perfect for warmup runs when I was running track.
I still rather have CD's cause of their is no distortion.

I've been on a mini disc player since '99. Then the monochrome brick ipod. Then the ipod that played video. Still used CDs for the car though. Istopped completely after I got a direct Iphone hook up in the RSX. I bought the adapter b4 I had the car.
roll.gif

I felt like jesus when my car charged my phone while playing tunes.

sharp_mdms702h.jpg

ipod2.jpg

ipod.jpg

apple-iphone.jpg
+
41aRtWOEuuL.jpg
+
02-rsx-1.jpg
=
2006052501_road_to_heaven.jpg

Back
Top Bottom