When did you finally put the CD player to rest?

For me I think it was around summer 2005, when the ipod nano came out and was affordable, last album I remember hearing on a cd player was 50 cents massacre,
laugh.gif
@ the song constantly skipping as you walked.

so when did you finally go digital?

I believe it was the middle of Sophomore year of high school.
I went to a ghetto school in Freshman year where nobody had an iPod and they used CD players. I transferred over to a more richer school Sophomore year and tomy surprise, everyone and their mom had an iPod. It was also the year the iPod Video came out and that's what I ended up copping.

Last CD I copped for myself was probably Duke Da God The Movement Moves on in June/July 2005. By then I wasn't buying CDs though, I stopped assoon as I got onto Napster in 7th Grade and bought blanks ever since.

A few weeks later I Had an iPod since my boy hit a lick on a beetle july 4 weekend in OC, sold me a brand new pink mini in exchange for some pho
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Summer of 2001, I begged my parents for a 128MB Intel Pocket Concert. It was like $300
laugh.gif
which now could get you a 120GB I was big on Minidiscs in 2002
roll.gif
LED Backlit on that tiny screen, and you could input the artists name and song info (took forever though)

04-05 I think. I got a Creative Zen for Christmas and then later got an ipod mini 2nd generation for free and still using it today.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I believe it was the middle of Sophomore year of high school.
I went to a ghetto school in Freshman year where nobody had an iPod and they used CD players. I transferred over to a more richer school Sophomore year and to my surprise, everyone and their mom had an iPod. It was also the year the iPod Video came out and that's what I ended up copping.

I still use that ipod to this day.

not me. I still have cassette tapes lying around somewhere. The 90's= the era of tape singles. Going to Sam Goody, Musicland, Tapeworld, Camelot, etc toget the newest singles. Never will I part with that nor my CD player. Don't get me wrong, MP3s are great, but I'm nostalgic. OG baby.

My Dad still has his LP player.for his Beatle vinyls.

Maybe the Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy generation is all 100% IPod/MP3 dependent. But I will never be. I grew up in one of the greatest decades. The 1990's.

Besides, it doesn't seem right listening to Michael Jackson on an IPod.

i put my cd player to rest around 2004. now it has it me wondering where that cd player went...

soon as all da mixtapes i wanted were digital only i knew i had to get a ipod....got me a 160 gig and backed up my entire music colllection.
pimp.gif

04 when i got my first RCA mp3 player.
thing was a brick in my backpack in 10th grade.

then upgraded to my first ipod early 05. 20gb joint.
later followed by 6 other ipods and 3 iphones
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom