When do artist fall off?

What's up NT? I was just thinking about this the other day when do you guys/gals consider when artist falls off, overrated, sell-out ect. I've seen it not only here but in life in general, when an artist is not known very well people will tell you "Ahh man you gotta listen to this dude/chick he/she is FIREEE!!" Then when the artist gets a buzz around them the same people who wanted you to listen to them turn around and say that they are garbage. As far as the sell out part is it when an artist reach out to artist of other genres? Discuss.

What's up NT? I was just thinking about this the other day when do you guys/gals consider when artist falls off, overrated, sell-out ect. I've seen it not only here but in life in general, when an artist is not known very well people will tell you "Ahh man you gotta listen to this dude/chick he/she is FIREEE!!" Then when the artist gets a buzz around them the same people who wanted you to listen to them turn around and say that they are garbage. As far as the sell out part is it when an artist reach out to artist of other genres? Discuss.

Sell out - When the artist diverges from their original formula in an attempt achieve higher mainstream success. It's one thing to experiment/evolve but do it AFTER a success, NOT after you brick..

Fall off - 1) When the music loses the impact it once had OR 2) When they fall from the pedestal for whatever reason be it musically related or image shattering.

Sell out - When the artist diverges from their original formula in an attempt achieve higher mainstream success. It's one thing to experiment/evolve but do it AFTER a success, NOT after you brick..

Fall off - 1) When the music loses the impact it once had OR 2) When they fall from the pedestal for whatever reason be it musically related or image shattering.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

I like this answer..

I like this answer..

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

The best artist rapper to ask is Cassidy

It really pains me to say this but

Prodigy-Mobb-Deep-Tattoo-psd21618.png

*wipes away tear*

He still my favorite rapper though
pimp.gif

SoleWoman wrote:
when rappers start singing

Haha I know right? They say rappers are trying to be actors but I really think rappers are trying to be singers now!!  

SoleWoman wrote:
when rappers start singing

Haha I know right? They say rappers are trying to be actors but I really think rappers are trying to be singers now!!  

Well put. these two artist are perfect examples

sell out
Spoiler [+]
488_0bc6573843f2fbf28dc24d1e3ebb490c.jpg

and the "fall off" artist (If that make any sense)
Spoiler [+]
ja_rule2.jpg

Well put. these two artist are perfect examples

sell out
Spoiler [+]
488_0bc6573843f2fbf28dc24d1e3ebb490c.jpg

and the "fall off" artist (If that make any sense)
Spoiler [+]
ja_rule2.jpg

the careers of Nelly and 50 Cent are perfect example

one took to long of a break the other got lost in the change of "rap" music

the careers of Nelly and 50 Cent are perfect example

one took to long of a break the other got lost in the change of "rap" music

boy i was coming in here to post nelly

dude last album sounded like some r&b shhhh

boy i was coming in here to post nelly

dude last album sounded like some r&b shhhh

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa