*** When Do You STOP Taking Someones Opinion On Music Serious?? ***

Blah Blah . . . We sit here and argue, there's very few people who's opinoun I can take serious and respect . . . I'm sure they know who they are .. . But what are the things that force you to no longer take ones opinoun serious . . .

- Lil Wayne is in their ALL TIME top 5 . . . (come on, lets be serious for a sec)

- Liked Kingdom Come . . .

- Think T Pain is dope . . .

- Consider AZ top 10 . . . 20 . . . 30 OR 40

- Liked "Ayo Technology"
indifferent.gif

- Haven't heard Young MC's "Stone Cold Rhymin"
pimp.gif

- Haven't seen Moonwalker . . . Or the Please Hammer Don't Hurt'em Movie
laugh.gif

- Don't think Nelly makes some coo party songs . . . (don't front, he got some joints)

- Legally obtained a Fat Joe album after J.O.S.E. . . . (why??)

- Rakim is not in your top 3 . . .

- Think Jay Z won the battle against Nas . . . (come on . . . stop frontin)

- Consider It Was Written a classic . . .

- They know the Soulja Boy dance . . .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Naw I actually know it
indifferent.gif
. Shame on me

- Jadakiss is in their top 10 . . . Or 20 . . .

At the end of the day just because you and other's do not agree on the same thing you can not just look at their opinions as being irrelevant. Everybody onhere is not gonna like all the same *#*@.

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Blah Blah . . . We sit here and argue, there's very few people who's opinoun I can take serious and respect . . . I'm sure they know who they are . . . But what are the things that force you to no longer take ones opinoun serious . . .

- Lil Wayne is in their ALL TIME top 5 . . . (come on, lets be serious for a sec)

- Liked "Ayo Technology"
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

- Don't think Nelly makes some coo party songs . . . (don't front, he got some joints)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Naw I actually know it
indifferent.gif
. Shame on me

fat joes last album was solid...

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Blah Blah . . . We sit here and argue, there's very few people who's opinoun I can take serious and respect . . . I'm sure they know who they are . . . But what are the things that force you to no longer take ones opinoun serious . . .

- Liked "Ayo Technology"
indifferent.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Naw I actually know it
indifferent.gif
. Shame on me

Glad to know what you REALLY think about me... +!#! you too Goomba.... just playing fam. But I do happen fit the bolded criteria.

My small list

-Thinks Outkast is wack
-Doesn't respect Jay or Nas as top tier MCs
-Same with the 18th letter
-Overtly regionally biased
-Thinks Lil Wayne is the B.R.A. and he/she is 18+
-Can't seperate good rapper from good music-which-contains rap. Think: Plies.
-Values an album based on it's sells (It ain't hot! If it was it would be plat!)

It's some others...

I wish death on that broad.

Had like 4 ill joints, tops.

I learned to tolerate him.

He can't put out a good album all the way through so nah....

- Liked "Ayo Technology"
indifferent.gif

That beat was ridiculous but that's all I liked. 50 can go get Pac'd in Vegas for all I care.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Both are classics....the video for Leave Me Alone used to scare me.

How can you like Nelly but not T-Pain?
alien.gif

Never owned any Fat Joe albums....dude has always been a herb IMO.

Listened to My Melody the other night.......dude's flow was
sick.gif
, especially considering it was like 86.

You already know what it is.

Close but no cigar.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Naw I actually know it
indifferent.gif
. Shame on me
I'd give myself a buck fifty if I ever caught myself doing that wackness.

laugh.gif

Seriously this is a must I got the movie shh is dope dont front on Hammer
laugh.gif

I sometimes take some ppl's opinion in consideration more than another's on here. I don't take ppl's opinion serious AT ALL when they dont backshh up where the reasoning and just try to flame n argue there way out of it with some real shallow shh. Also if its about something in particular like anartist and dude is a stan I usually rule out everythin they have to say, I check if they have any points on it but I dont take it serious

I agree with most of the list. As of late there has been a lot of stupid threads poppin up same ol shh with Big vs. Pac that Wayne thread(any Wayne thread)

For me when dudes say things for shock value with no explanation after. Shh pisses me off ex."Kanye is a better producer than Premo" Whether itssubjective or objective thats just crazy

smokin.gif

"When do you stop taking someones opinion on music serious?"
I never stop taking someone's opinion seriously,until they really start getting off the hook with their opinions,example "I dont likesuch & such because his wife or kids mothers isn't a dime and he could do better".

This is a message board and everyone opinion is valued by me the same because we dont have any pioneers of hiphop,blues.r&b,gospel,folk,rock&rollrunning around on these boards,i dont think.

Well off top, I automaticaly omit ANY female's opinion concerning hip hop & rap because thier opinion is usually based upon the artist physicalfeatures. I once dated a broad that use to think Mystikal was nice because she liked how his braids looked when he had a durag on. It was a pleasure for me tokick that idiot right out of my life. So now that we have that settled, I usually ignore anybody under the age of 20 with opinions concerning rap or hip hop.Let's face it, it's one thing to be "put on" to all the "re-released & digitally remastered" classic albums & upload themto your Ipod & it's another to actually remember cutting class & going to the WIZ & picking them up when they first came out. The feeling isdefinetly not the same. Even though the music is timeless, the actual expierence from those times are more meaningful in my opinion. I can't talk to a dudeabout the feeling of excitement I had during the "Fresh Fest" tour because I wasn't there to expierence it & in the same way I wouldn'texpect or respect a kid that's like 17 or 18 that's says "Canibus sucks" or "DMX is a crackhead loser" when they were still stainson thier Mom's inner thigh when Canibus, DMX & Nore ripped Hot 97 for like 2 hours & set the city on fire & had everybody at home scrambling tofind a cassette tape & stuff tissue paper inside the taps to record the cypha. So to me, it's both an age & gender thing. Females know nothingabout rap & hip hop & niether do the majority of these young dudes....

Star Time got me thinking are there any females that truly love hip hop and know something about it?

EDIT- My fault Rilla I shoulda said good looking as well
laugh.gif
and besidesthat I've never met a chick that loves hip hop. You know how we actually listen to the lyrics and not just the beat or hook. I haven't been blessed tocome across such a female unfortunately and I dont expect them to be majority I just haven't comoe across 1
frown.gif
smh.gif
I told my boy they dont exist
laugh.gif
lookin for women that areREALLY into conscience rap. I havent found any yet man.... Am I not hangin out in the right places?

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Star Time

Well off top, I automaticaly omit ANY female's opinion concerning hip hop & rap because they're opinion is usually based upon the artist physical features. I once dated a broad that use to think Mystikal was nice because she liked how his braids looked when he had a durag on. It was a pleasure for me to kick that idiot right out of my life. So now that we have that settled, I usually ignore anybody under the age of 20 with opinions concerning rap or hip hop. Let's face it, it's one thing to be "put on" to all the "re-released & digitally remastered" classic albums & upload them to your Ipod & it's another to actually remember cutting class & going to the WIZ & picking them up when they first came out. The feeling is definetly not the same. Even though the music is timeless, the actual expierence from those times are more meaningful in my opinion. I can't talk to a dude about the feeling of excitement I had during the "Fresh Fest" tour because I wasn't there to expierence it & in the same way I wouldn't expect or respect a kid that's like 17 or 18 that's says "Canibus sucks" or "DMX is a crackhead loser" when they were still stains on thier Mom's inner thigh when Canibus, DMX & Nore ripped Hot 97 for like 2 hours & set the city on fire & had everybody at home scrambling to find a cassette tape & stuff tissue paper inside the taps to record the cypha. So to me, it's both a age & gender thing. Females know nothing about rap & hip hop & niether do the majority of these young dudes....

I'm 19 and I agree with you.. Especially on the bolded part. That's why I was tempted to never listen to illmatic. I hate that I "missedout" on so many experiences. I study rap just as much as I listen to it so I appreciate a lot of stuff, but it isn't the same fam...
Star Time got me thinking are there any females that truly love hip hop and know something about it?

Stop playing, there are a bunch. But they are NOT the majority.

They're definetly some females, a very small percentage but certainly in no way are they the majority. Prior to Niketalk, I used to post on theNas message board. This was like 2001, we had thousands of members that would post & when topics concerning classic hip hop & vintage albums & allof that were posted, you couldn't find a female anywhere near those 7 & 8 page post. Thousands of registered members on that site, where were the girlswith thier informative hip hop replies to the post? They damn sure weren't there. However, you would find them in the "Post Your Pic" topicsshowing off thier new Chloe shades or those "What's your favorite song off of Stillmatic" post, but nothing ever constructive or informativeabout hip hop ever came out of thier mouth. Not only that, I think about all the times I would discuss music with girls that I went to school with or that wereco-workers & I'd mention how nice a particular rapper is. The response I'd get would be "Yeah but he's funny looking" I'm like"Stupid this isn't a beauty contest, this man is a legend". Trust me, if females appreciated the art as much as they should, half the crapthat's flooding the airways & the television wouldn't be there....

When they say Lil' Wayne is a top rapper.

When they say Bay Area music is good.

When they say Pac is better than B.I.G.

laugh.gif

I'm not putting my $.02 in... too many herbs on this board would get butthurt.

...maybe later.

funny you say that cuz you PM'ed me about some list you were putting together a while back or some %%$$, talkin like "Ez, you one theonly dudes I respect in here"...

dont say you didnt
laugh.gif

Well off top, I automaticaly omit ANY female's opinion concerning hip hop & rap because they're opinion is usually based upon the artist physical features. I once dated a broad that use to think Mystikal was nice because she liked how his braids looked when he had a durag on. It was a pleasure for me to kick that idiot right out of my life. So now that we have that settled, I usually ignore anybody under the age of 20 with opinions concerning rap or hip hop. Let's face it, it's one thing to be "put on" to all the "re-released & digitally remastered" classic albums & upload them to your Ipod & it's another to actually remember cutting class & going to the WIZ & picking them up when they first came out. The feeling is definetly not the same. Even though the music is timeless, the actual expierence from those times are more meaningful in my opinion. I can't talk to a dude about the feeling of excitement I had during the "Fresh Fest" tour because I wasn't there to expierence it & in the same way I wouldn't expect or respect a kid that's like 17 or 18 that's says "Canibus sucks" or "DMX is a crackhead loser" when they were still stains on thier Mom's inner thigh when Canibus, DMX & Nore ripped Hot 97 for like 2 hours & set the city on fire & had everybody at home scrambling to find a cassette tape & stuff tissue paper inside the taps to record the cypha. So to me, it's both a age & gender thing. Females know nothing about rap & hip hop & niether do the majority of these young dudes....
I see where you coming from, and its true technically, but at the same time you gotta just realize who knows what they talkin bout (cuz I can fitin that category technically w/ my age)...cuz I could turn right around and have a mentality like, "well, these dudes aint never seen the enviornment Imfrom, so the lyrics cant be hitting them like thats, so their opinion gonna be off-base regardless" or "these dudes wasnt born into hiphop, its notthey first love, yall like rock music and %%$$", that def wouldnt be fair...

So now that we have that settled, I usually ignore anybody under the age of 20 with opinions concerning rap or hip hop. Let's face it, it's one thing to be "put on" to all the "re-released & digitally remastered" classic albums & upload them to your Ipod & it's another to actually remember cutting class & going to the WIZ & picking them up when they first came out. The feeling is definetly not the same. Even though the music is timeless, the actual expierence from those times are more meaningful in my opinion. I can't talk to a dude about the feeling of excitement I had during the "Fresh Fest" tour because I wasn't there to expierence it & in the same way I wouldn't expect or respect a kid that's like 17 or 18 that's says "Canibus sucks" or "DMX is a crackhead loser" when they were still stains on thier Mom's inner thigh when Canibus, DMX & Nore ripped Hot 97 for like 2 hours & set the city on fire & had everybody at home scrambling to find a cassette tape & stuff tissue paper inside the taps to record the cypha. So to me, it's both an age & gender thing. Females know nothing about rap & hip hop & niether do the majority of these young dudes....
Gotta say I disagree with that completely. I mean with that mindset, Hip Hop has to die because when this generation of fans is gone, therewon't be anymore.

Besides all that, what you basically said is you judge their music NOT on their music, but on the memories you've associated with them.

We might not have the memories, but the music is still the same.

I see a lot of elitisism...u cnt omit a persons opinion jus because they haven't heard a certain album or seen a certain moive....and yes...most of thetime...like 90% of the time..females have no clue to what they are talking about

^ Nah I didnt look at it as him saying whats popular and flooding the airwaves and the themes of this generation in general is what he judges them off of cuzthere is still good music around and there are still memorable concerts. Things have changed and the music is def not the same, I dont kno what way you meantby it tho. Its just the things that are discussed cant be taken seriously if you dont anything about em.
I see a lot of elitisism...u cnt omit a persons opinion jus because they haven't heard a certain album or seen a certain moive
With me it aint that its just if you say something and give no reasoning I won't even consider you smart especially if you say its fact.I'd take arrogance over ignorance anyday.

smokin.gif

50 can go get Pac'd in Vegas for all I care
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

once dated a broad that use to think Mystikal was nice because she liked how his braids looked when he had a durag on. It was a pleasure for me to kick that idiot right out of my life.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

u dudes is too much

Back
Top Bottom