*** When Do You STOP Taking Someones Opinion On Music Serious?? ***

Some things that i've heard and almost fought people for...

-Lil' Wayne is Top 5...minutes later they say Lupe is wack
mad.gif

-Curtis was so much better than Graduation...
indifferent.gif

-Who's Lupe Fiasco?
-I'm not feelin NaS or Jay-Z...yet their iPod consists of Lil Wayne, Juvenile, Rick Ross, Fabolous
indifferent.gif

I've got many many more but i can't think of them right now...

I sent that to a few cats . . . In attempt to put togeather an unbias top 50 . . . No ones name was in the PM, so I know it didn't say "EZ . . ."I copied and sent it to like 8-10 cats . . .

But why would I deny that??
laugh.gif
if I give you my word, it is what it is . . .

To be honest, the one thing that really gets me going is when people claim hip-hop and rap are two different kinds of music. To attempt to get an explanation,I'll ask for an example of a so-called hip-hop artist (we'll use Common in this instance, because he's a popular answer). Then I ask for a rapartist (we'll use DMX for an example). So I ask why that person considers one to be hip-hop music and the other rap music. They are both rappers and theymake rap music. If there was a difference, then we'd be calling people hip-hoppers.

Hip-hop = culture
Rap = the music of that culture

Consider It Was Written a classic . . .
I guess I'm out of contention for your respect Nay. His lyrics, wordplay were............ Well, let me not not hijack your thread.
By the way........... Das Efx > 50
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
I'm dead serious too.

^^I know I wasnt the only one, I was just pointing it out cuz youre aware of my thoughts on those albums/artists...

N' trying to get specific and !#%$ about his words
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Naw. But you know cats get on tabloid @!+# on here sometimes, its all love tho . . .

But there's a difference between the 2, like yours (EZ Flash) and Scan (or whoever else thinks AZ is a good rapper or IWW isn't a @!+# sandwhich), Idont take what yall say about the 2 serious . . . I'll entertain a argument because atleast you can support what you're saying . . . But at the end ofthe day AZ sucks, and so does IWW
laugh.gif

But I consider yalls opinoins on other @!+# . . . Except Scan when it comes to Pac and BIG
laugh.gif
besides that, you guys make sense . . .

-When they say Wayne is the best alive and has thoughtful complex lyrics.
-Any opinion from a female aside form one girl I know.
-Say Stack Bundles would have been the next Nas.
- Try to explain to me why Jim Jones is nice.
-Only listen to that T-pain simp music and think they know. But they have no idea.
- Only listen to that "get money" music. aka every remix with jim jones, ross, wayne, and khaled.

- Rakim is not in your top 3 . . .
Listened to My Melody the other night.......dude's flow was
sick.gif
, especially considering it was like 86.

Your crazy or ******ed if you think this. Rakim invented flowing, no rapper before him had a delivery like him.

Except Scan when it comes to Pac and BIG
laugh.gif

I feel that son (no whatever). I know I'm in minority on that. Not to say big was lame on the mic, but......Still & all, Das Efx >50
laugh.gif

Yea, I had to edit this fellas.
Your crazy or ******ed if you think this. Rakim invented flowing, no rapper before him had a delivery like him.
Truer words have never been spoken. The R is the real God emcee (eff Jay for ever claiming that spot, W TF??)

-any elitists in music who simply refuse to acknowledge other music...goes for lil wayne stans as well as backpackers
-anyone who thinks album sales dictate how hot an album is.

No way . . . Das Efx isn't@$#*$%* with 50 in the least bit . . . That's you're Jersey bias fam . . . If it was Naughty I'd be with you . . .Treach is top 25 . . . I'm a HUGE Naughty By Nature fan tho . . .

50 Cent >>>>>>>> The ENTIRE Hit Squad

Originally Posted by acidicality

-any elitists in music who simply refuse to acknowledge other music...goes for lil wayne stans as well as backpackers
-anyone who thinks album sales dictate how hot an album is.
co-sign

Originally Posted by Star Time

Well off top, I automaticaly omit ANY female's opinion concerning hip hop & rap because thier opinion is usually based upon the artist physical features.

mad.gif
So true all the one's I've dated were like that. Some evenfeel I have a misogynist view towards them ha.

Well since I've given most of my explaination in "paragraph" form, I'll give my reasons for not taking someone serious in bulletpoint form:

I Dont Take People's Music Opinions Serious If

-they've never heard the song "Pee Wee's Dance"
-if thier "Reasonable Doubt" CD has a bonus track on it
-if they never considered Pac to be "Top 5" prior to him gettin' popped
-if they never seen an episode of "Pump It Up"
-if they live in a drug free school zone
-if they don't remember who Mary J Blige used to sing back up for
-if they don't remember the name of the group R.Kelly used to sing with
-if they just read that & said to themselves "R. Kelly used to sing with a group?"
-if they've never spent at least 10 minutes looking at a Mr Magic's Rap Attack album cover & try to recognize all of the rappers that you know
-if they've never been to a Budweiser Superfest concert

There's more, but that's just a few.....

If they're a girl and 2Pac and Lil' Wayne are their favorite rappers.

How about, if they're a girl PERIOD. LOL

Yes that's ignorant but I only know really one or two girls that know what they're REALLY talking about when it comes to music.
This one chick I intern with at KOCH entertainment really knows what she's talking about.
pimp.gif

minutes later they say Lupe is wack
lupe is whack...
if thier "Reasonable Doubt" CD has a bonus track on it
indifferent.gif
yo..evrybody aint 25 years old like sum of ududes...we cant all have original version of rd.
i dont kno these two.
if they've never spent at least 10 minutes looking at a Mr Magic's Rap Attack album cover & try to recognize all of the rappers that you know
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

I'll entertain a argument because atleast you can support what you're saying . . . But at the end of the day AZ sucks, and so does IWW
laugh.gif

. .

How fitting that the threadstarter says someting that would make me not take his opinion seriously in the future. IWW is a classic, maybe not in the realmof Illmatic but how many albums are.

How fitting that the threadstarter says someting that would make me not take his opinion seriously in the future. IWW is a classic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
aint that the truth

I'm thinking a lot of you dudes are idiots. I mean I respect a solid argument I might not agree with the argument but I will respect it if it is based onsomething.

Honestly, on NT, I automatically expect to read nonsense 95% of the time in the music forum. So I guess I could say I stop taking opinions seriously when I logon and click the link that takes me here.

But to get specific, I really can't listen to individuals with closed minds. I can't take someone serious who hates because it is something theynormally wouldn't listen to. Every type of music serves it's purpose and caters to different tastes. Just because it doesn't cater to YOUR tastesdoesn't mean it sucks. And I hate people who have uninformed opinions on music--don't judge until you have listened.

I try really hard not to completely disregard people's opinions, but they'll tell me things like they've never heard Reasonable Doubt. So, withoutgetting into details, I stop respecting their opinion on music when it stops making sense. And yes, most females do fall into this category.

If Rakim aint in your top 10....it should be atleast top 5 but I'll give yall room to breath.
If they think Wayne is dope.
If they dont know who the Native Tongues are.
If they dont think 88 was the best year in Hip Hop
Never heard "The Message"

I got more but wont get into them.

Oh yeah, if you look like this......

6shyez4.jpg

Originally Posted by Star Time

Well since I've given most of my explaination in "paragraph" form, I'll give my reasons for not taking someone serious in bulletpoint form:

I Dont Take People's Music Opinions Serious If

-they've never heard the song "Pee Wee's Dance"
-if thier "Reasonable Doubt" CD has a bonus track on it
-if they never considered Pac to be "Top 5" prior to him gettin' popped
-if they never seen an episode of "Pump It Up"
-if they live in a drug free school zone
-if they just read that & said to themselves "R. Kelly used to sing with a group?"
-if they've never spent at least 10 minutes looking at a Mr Magic's Rap Attack album cover & try to recognize all of the rappers that you know
-if they've never been to a Budweiser Superfest concert

There's more, but that's just a few.....

woooow, that's pretty much how I spent my teenage years.

Back
Top Bottom