When is Will Smith gonna play a villian?

At least some type of bad/evil character, a murderer or SOMETHING I can't take much more of his goody two shoes roles. He's never gonna get an Oscarplaying these ultar sappy roles. And do not dare say "hancock" was a different character for him...

F an Oscar... Will's that dude.

His new movie's supposed to be a break in the mold I think. Real mind boggling stuff.

I love will smith
smile.gif

I dunno, some people just don't fit certain rolls...I think it'd be difficult to make Will Smith into a believable villain.
He fits so much better as the hero type..

Yeah I'm definately one of his biggest fans/supporters, I've known about him since before the TV show and what have you but I'm really really tiredof his schtick(sp?)
I wanna see will murk a dude with no mercy!! Show me some range man!

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

yup..he needs to switch it up

thats what denzel did in training day
true but denzel had alot of oscar worthy performances before that, mayb will ahould switch it up to get some consideration for an oscar cause heis a good actor

what about the movie when he was frontin like he was sidney poitier's bastard gay son? that's probably the closest we'll get I guess

He should've gotten an Oscar for "Ali"

But since they robbed Denzel in year's past, they had to make up for that.

He's been type-cast basically. Its going to take a really good script to pull him out of it, imo...

i personally hate will smith other than fresh prince..but there is nooo way he could play a villian. everybody loves him too much, it would never work. He isgoing to be forever stuck in playiing the hero in cheesy action flicks. i dont think anybody could take him seriously as a villian. lol, it makes me chucklejust thinkin about it. nh. edit- to the guy who said he should have won an oscar for ali is crazy. he, in no way, shape or form reminded me of ali. Hetried...but it just wasnt there, and the fight scenes were horrible.. now..u wanna talk about good performances? Jamie fox in Ray...that was justunbelievable...

I was just thinking this a few hours ago when I was in WalMart deciding if I wanted to buy Hancock on BluRay.

He has done movies outside of his normal fun-loving jokester

Six Degrees
Ali
Enemy of the State
Pursuit
his new movie 7 Pounds

I think he just doesn't want to risk it or maybe lose his fans by taking on a Training Day type of character. I am sure he is capable of pulling it offbased off of some of his performances.

To some critics when Denzel took the lead in TD it was his career defining moment to see if he could go outside his normal roles and do a complete 180.

I think it takes a very talented and gifted actor to make you believe what you are seeing and I personally think Will is one of those people, that when given acertain role he puts so much effort and time into perfecting it that you could imagine it really happening.

Originally Posted by mdresident

i personally hate will smith other than fresh prince..but there is nooo way he could play a villian. everybody loves him too much, it would never work. He is going to be forever stuck in playiing the hero in cheesy action flicks. i dont think anybody could take him seriously as a villian. lol, it makes me chuckle just thinkin about it. nh.
People said the same thing about Denzel before TD. You would never think he could, but given the right role and a well written script Will couldpull it off. I think it's a ? of whether or not he wants to.

Originally Posted by jville819

He has done movies outside of his normal fun-loving jokester

Six Degrees
Ali
Enemy of the State
Pursuit
his new movie 7 Pounds

I think he just doesn't want to risk it or maybe lose his fans by taking on a Training Day type of character. I am sure he is capable of pulling it off based off of some of his performances.

To some critics when Denzel took the lead in TD it was his career defining moment to see if he could go outside his normal roles and do a complete 180.

I think it takes a very talented and gifted actor to make you believe what you are seeing and I personally think Will is one of those people, that when given a certain role he puts so much effort and time into perfecting it that you could imagine it really happening.

Originally Posted by mdresident

i personally hate will smith other than fresh prince..but there is nooo way he could play a villian. everybody loves him too much, it would never work. He is going to be forever stuck in playiing the hero in cheesy action flicks. i dont think anybody could take him seriously as a villian. lol, it makes me chuckle just thinkin about it. nh.
People said the same thing about Denzel before TD. You would never think he could, but given the right role and a well written script Will could pull it off. I think it's a ? of whether or not he wants to.

i dunno...i disagree..Denzel has always kinda had that "swag." Throughout the first half of malcolm x he was a bad guy...

He's been type-cast basically. Its going to take a really good script to pull him out of it, imo...
false, will smith has not been type-casted. he can get any role he wants right now. he is the only marketable african american actor in theworld. if he wants to play a villain, he will play it. of course, an actor with will's talent will wait for the right script to come along to play avillain that will get him that oscar.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I dunno, some people just don't fit certain rolls...I think it'd be difficult to make Will Smith into a believable villain.
He fits so much better as the hero type..
That's the thing. I would be hard to imagine him as a bad guy, but his job is to make you believe his is that character.
He really needs something other than the hero roles, kinda like how Beyonce' need to not play a singer in every role she takes.

I wonder if he could have pulled off Training Day or even American Gangster

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

false, will smith has not been type-casted. he can get any role he wants right now. he is the only marketable african american actor in the world. if he wants to play a villain, he will play it. of course, an actor with will's talent will wait for the right script to come along to play a villain that will get him that oscar.

33jmx3c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom