*** When The West Coast DIDN'T Suck ***

I could break it into sections, but the west coast has sucked for a while . . . So we can just bunch it into one post . . .Half of the idiots that blab on here wern't even allowed to listen to rap back when the West was dope . . . Ice Cube - Today Was A Good Day Compton's Most Wanted - Growing Up In The Hood MC Eiht &Comptons Most Wanted - All For The Money MC Eiht & Comptons Most Wanted - Straight Up Menace Mac Mall - GetRight (The whole Untouchable album was flames) Rappin 4 Tay - Playaz Club Rappin 4 Tay - I'll Be Around Rappin 4 Tay - Off Parole E40 - Some Things'll Never Change From LA to the Bay . . . Too many classics . . .a few of my favorites . . . I ain't done yet, post some of ya favorite west coast videos, from NWA all the way to Dogg Pound and everything inbetween . . ..and even after that

Those are great videos but you'd probably get a more positive response if you didn't unnecessarily bash the West today

Are you just looking to start an argument?

Regardless let me add to this

TWDY - Players Holiday Remix
Mac Mall - Wide Open
Too $hort - I'm A Player
pimp.gif

Whoridas - Dock of the Bay

Naw I used to do a post about the east, and we'd just post a whole bunch of classic videos and just remember when hip hop meant something . . . Haven'tdone one in like 3 months, decided to show the west some love because a lot of these dudes is sleepin . . . A bunch of young punks that don;t know %%$%

My contributiion

As a east coast dude I seriously miss good west coast music, I love that era the West had on lock. Now a days you gotta look longer nharder for good west coast MCs like Murs, Blu, Self Scientific, n waitin for dudes like Ras Kass n Crooked I to release an album. The Left side of things arestill livin off rappers 10 years deep in the games with lil hope for the future when theres only a handful of rappers(named a few) worth listening to. Thistime is greatly appreciated.

smokin.gif

c3915ee854552c4143ba54356c63b1127d6e2df.pjpg

110% gangster. one of my favorite albums of all time. matter of fact, i dare you to listen to it and say its not dope w/ a straight face

Cypress Hill - how i just could kill a man

Cypress Hill - Hand on the Pump

The D.O.C - It's Funky Enough (not a video, but it's my joint)

The D.O.C - No One Can Do It Better

Souls of Mischief- 93 'Til Infinity

The Pharcyde - Drop

wtf man? i swear everytime i turn around!#!%%$% hating on the west, $+%@ is disgusting. backwards%+*% compliment "when the west coast didn'tsuck"

we get it, you don't like current west coast music and i bet you hate bay music, probably the south too, but uh...we doing us, we having fun out here andit show in our music.

i can't speak for the LA area, i only go to school down there, but i stay in Oakland. Most is making that party music, but a good amount is still makingquality songs.

wtf man? i swear everytime i turn around!#!%%$% hating on the west, $+%@ is disgusting. backwards%+*% compliment "when the west coast didn't suck"
He did a "when the east coast didn't suck" to.

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

wtf man? i swear everytime i turn around!#!%%$% hating on the west, $+%@ is disgusting. backwards%+*% compliment "when the west coast didn't suck"

we get it, you don't like current west coast music and i bet you hate bay music, probably the south too, but uh...we doing us, we having fun out here and it show in our music.

i can't speak for the LA area, i only go to school down there, but i stay in Oakland. Most is making that party music, but a good amount is still making quality songs.

I seriously mean this why you so mad? Even if it was a backhanded compliment its still a compliment. Do you think the era of when the West was on top isbetter than west coast music now? either way why not just appreciate the thread for what it is

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

we get it, you don't like current west coast music and i bet you hate bay music, probably the south too, but uh...we doing us, we having fun out here and it show in our music.

i can't speak for the LA area, i only go to school down there, but i stay in Oakland. Most is making that party music, but a good amount is still making quality songs.

I seriously mean this why you so mad? Even if it was a backhanded compliment its still a compliment. Do you think the era of when the West was on top is better than west coast music now? either way why not just appreciate the thread for what it is

smokin.gif
Seriously though, how many times you been in the music forum and you seen the West Coast, mainly the Bay getting bashed? a plethora of instances. Iain't only mad at the poststarter. He ain't the only one. But you asked if i think the current west coast era is better than it was then? Not in myeyes. I'ma young dude, I ain't grow up on LA rap. I grew up on songs like 93 Til Infinity, I Got Five On It, The Playa's Ball, Hurricane and plentymore. As it stands right now in Oakland (like i said, that's all i can speak for), there's cats that's doing it and they're making respectablemusic. Of course, there's dudes making trashy club music, but that's anywhere and everywhere. You can't tell me that San Francisco anthem by BigRich isn't quality music. You can't tell me artists (yes, artists) like Ya Boy and Clyde Carson aren't quality rappers. Hell, you could evenmention Turf Talk and Yukmouth in there too. Don't get me wrong, I like Eazy-E, I liked Snoop (when he actually cared about music), I kinda like Dre (hecattin on Detox), I don't really like Game...dude sucks. But I can relate to my Bay%$*@!%@ more, and I can't just sit back anymore while dudes bash theBay saying everything out there sucks and all that nonsense. It is what it is.

Pass Berkley Boy some Kleenex

Shut up . . . Stop whining, its a title, and if you wanna cry . . . Go cry somewhere else.

Aint nobody hating on the west coast, its a title, you fool . . . I did it for my coast, and my city, wasn't no New Yorkers or east coast heads throwinthis girly pissy fit you're throwin. Tryin to show yall fools some recognition, need to be greatful . . .

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Pass Berkley Boy some Kleenex

Shut up . . . Stop whining, its a title, and if you wanna cry . . . Go cry somewhere else.

Aint nobody hating on the west coast, its a title, you fool . . . I did it for my coast, and my city, wasn't no New Yorkers or east coast heads throwin this girly pissy fit you're throwin. Tryin to show yall fools some recognition, need to be greatful . . .
I was waiting for somebody to say something about the west coast. You messed up by tryna be Mr. Funny Man with the title. That ain't my fault.And oh, i thought this was a message board where people express their opinion. You made the thread, I replied to it...that's what happens on here. Like isaid though, I ain't just talking to you. What I said go for all the knuckleheads around here who stay hating on the Bay. oh btw, it's Berkeley Boy.BAY AREA STANDUP!!!! EDIT: You know what, Eff words...I'll show yall

BLACK MARKET Records.....Brotha Lynch (da baby killa) and X Raided (the Xorcist)......back when Siccmade was in.....

I never have and never will hate on "the Bay", I don't even aknowledge the Bay after say ummmm . . . 96. I mean if I hurt you're feelings . .. Good . . . Cause I still don't give a @$!*. Stop being such a %%!%! all the time, I understand you're sensative cause the west aint been relevantsince like 97 . . . We know. I'm trying to show when yall didn't suck, cause weather you wanna believe it or not, the west sucks now . . . Yallapproaching your 11th consecutive year of sucking, you sounding like the Mad Rapper in Berkeley or wherever you're supposed to be from, I'm leanintowards San Fran right about now.

All this hate in a post about showin love, I repeat stop being a %%!%! and post some videos.

I ain't no #%%#+, you got me @#%*#% up SON. You don't know me B. Acting all HARDBODY over the internet...

you think cuz you scared one cat in the music forum that everybody supposed to fear you? negro please.

I stated my opinion, I even backed it up with a few videos...so you could really kiss my@%%*. It is what it is.

xBuddha Blessx wrote:

I seriously mean this why you so mad? Even if it was a backhanded compliment its still a compliment. Do you think the era of when the West was on top is better than west coast music now? either way why not just appreciate the thread for what it is

smokin.gif
Seriously though, how many times you been in the music forum and you seen the West Coast, mainly the Bay getting bashed? a plethora of instances. I ain't only mad at the poststarter. He ain't the only one. But you asked if i think the current west coast era is better than it was then? Not in my eyes. I'ma young dude, I ain't grow up on LA rap. I grew up on songs like 93 Til Infinity, I Got Five On It, The Playa's Ball, Hurricane and plenty more. As it stands right now in Oakland (like i said, that's all i can speak for), there's cats that's doing it and they're making respectable music. Of course, there's dudes making trashy club music, but that's anywhere and everywhere. You can't tell me that San Francisco anthem by Big Rich isn't quality music. You can't tell me artists (yes, artists) like Ya Boy and Clyde Carson aren't quality rappers. Hell, you could even mention Turf Talk and Yukmouth in there too. Don't get me wrong, I like Eazy-E, I liked Snoop (when he actually cared about music), I kinda like Dre (he cattin on Detox), I don't really like Game...dude sucks. But I can relate to my Bay%$*@!%@ more, and I can't just sit back anymore while dudes bash the Bay saying everything out there sucks and all that nonsense. It is what it is.

�Ok so you're a product of your environment when it comes to music, cant be mad at when you were born but that dont change the fact that whats presentedas West Coast music is trash, I mean yall say yall just havin fun but ya party music aint even up to par all sound da same aint sayin nothin. Like you said itis what it is we know where the real MCs is at but they dont get no promo so you gonna have to just deal with ppl sayin the Bay sucks you should know who theytalkin about when they say it.

smokin.gif

Berkeley Boy, you effing your own cause up son. There were a gang of east coast dudes in here showing love, then you started to get all vagina monologues.

^ on the contrary sir, the bay is runnin things

del >> your favorite mc
wu tang = hiero >>> your favorite hip hop group

Back
Top Bottom