When was the last time people were actually happy with JB?

So I've been copping and collecting since '05 & around that time I've been on NT.
I can't ever remember seeing a thread where there weren't pages and pages of whining and complaining about quality, shape, Nike Air, price, etc.
So I started to wonder... Has JB ever done anything right (in the common NT'ers opionon) since 01?

So I've been copping and collecting since '05 & around that time I've been on NT.
I can't ever remember seeing a thread where there weren't pages and pages of whining and complaining about quality, shape, Nike Air, price, etc.
So I started to wonder... Has JB ever done anything right (in the common NT'ers opionon) since 01?

you're looking at it the wrong way
it is not a black & white/happy & sad relationship
it's more complicated
the slow step graph decline of overall enthusiasm is just that...
a progression of lower, then lower
complaints must have started with the first retros, comparing
them to originals that people already complained about from the get go
if you follow

so picking a year doesn't help explain why people are unhappy
it blurs the reality of what has happened

you're looking at it the wrong way
it is not a black & white/happy & sad relationship
it's more complicated
the slow step graph decline of overall enthusiasm is just that...
a progression of lower, then lower
complaints must have started with the first retros, comparing
them to originals that people already complained about from the get go
if you follow

so picking a year doesn't help explain why people are unhappy
it blurs the reality of what has happened

I've been up here for 9 years, and the complaints have gotten progressively worse, as JB quality has gotten worse. It's to be expected.

Back in 2002 and 2003 you weren't getting all the complaints.

It went from complaints about Nike Air and prices to materials usage and poor quality

I'm still wondering why dudes still whine about Nike Air though. That's not a recent change. That's like whining about your girl not being a virgin. You can't go back and change that. The ship sailed years ago.

I've been up here for 9 years, and the complaints have gotten progressively worse, as JB quality has gotten worse. It's to be expected.

Back in 2002 and 2003 you weren't getting all the complaints.

It went from complaints about Nike Air and prices to materials usage and poor quality

I'm still wondering why dudes still whine about Nike Air though. That's not a recent change. That's like whining about your girl not being a virgin. You can't go back and change that. The ship sailed years ago.

most people that complain about not having nike air on them wasnt even old enough to cop a pair when they dropped
plus jordan is his own company
for those that have a pair or a couple with nike air on them are happy but nervous to wear them speaking for my self as well

last drop i was happy for all charity releases DBs

most people that complain about not having nike air on them wasnt even old enough to cop a pair when they dropped
plus jordan is his own company
for those that have a pair or a couple with nike air on them are happy but nervous to wear them speaking for my self as well

last drop i was happy for all charity releases DBs

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

This year. They managed to get the playoff 13's and the bordeauxs right imo.

was only happy with the playoff 13s. 

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

This year. They managed to get the playoff 13's and the bordeauxs right imo.

was only happy with the playoff 13s. 

I was happy with the Wc III's (till I WORE THEM), playoff XIII's

they both had their flaws though. WC III's had that funny toe box leather

and the playoff XIII's were plagued with glue stains, luckily I came

across two flawless pairs after some serious searching...LOL

I impressed with the playoffs otherwise, and they kept em close to

the OG's which is a treat now a days.

I was happy with the Wc III's (till I WORE THEM), playoff XIII's

they both had their flaws though. WC III's had that funny toe box leather

and the playoff XIII's were plagued with glue stains, luckily I came

across two flawless pairs after some serious searching...LOL

I impressed with the playoffs otherwise, and they kept em close to

the OG's which is a treat now a days.

Originally Posted by firered18

DMP
lolz, I could complain about these all day. 

1. When these first dropped, I was pissed they had the gold accents. I really just wanted Concords and Infrareds again.(Im over it now)  
2.The XI were the first XI to have a backwards Jumpman, starting the trend. This probably pissed me off the most. It totally wrecks the visual flow of the left shoe.
3.The retail price at the time was too high for shoes that both cost 124.99 their previous incarnation.
4.The XIs were the first to use synthetic leather rather than real leather for the ankle area.
5.Packs suck. Why should you have to buy 2 pair of shoes if you only like one.
6.The sample VIs I saw were white not black and I liked those much more than the released version.

That being said, Im still grateful I got 3 packs.

Originally Posted by firered18

DMP
lolz, I could complain about these all day. 

1. When these first dropped, I was pissed they had the gold accents. I really just wanted Concords and Infrareds again.(Im over it now)  
2.The XI were the first XI to have a backwards Jumpman, starting the trend. This probably pissed me off the most. It totally wrecks the visual flow of the left shoe.
3.The retail price at the time was too high for shoes that both cost 124.99 their previous incarnation.
4.The XIs were the first to use synthetic leather rather than real leather for the ankle area.
5.Packs suck. Why should you have to buy 2 pair of shoes if you only like one.
6.The sample VIs I saw were white not black and I liked those much more than the released version.

That being said, Im still grateful I got 3 packs.

i also agree that the wc3, playoff and bordeaux are nice. as i recall, i also happy with the quality of the motorsport 6s..

i also agree that the wc3, playoff and bordeaux are nice. as i recall, i also happy with the quality of the motorsport 6s..

Air Jordan 1. "Banned"

Just doesn't compare to all my js. The shape, cushion, material used are all great imo.. comparing to what I have of course which retros recently. past '07 id say? Nothing before that.. I've been wearing mine and the leather is so soft that u almost can't feel the toebox creasing onto ur foot. . 01 ain't far away from d banned either.

Back
Top Bottom