When/why did high schools eliminate 2 a days?

I think it’s more apparent that old school “torture” training just isn’t effective and creates injury. Also leave room for people to go do it themselves if they want to.

I remember two-a-days back in HS.

That Georgia heat was something else. :sick:

Alot of states have gotten rid of the two-a-days due to injury and a couple of players dying. Although the coaches can't mandate two-a-days like they used to, this still leaves players with the opportunity to run their own practices (which they often do), this obviously allows schools to skirt the rules and takes liability off of them. This is how colleges get around practice restrictions, they tell the QB, top defensive player, lineman, etc. to lead "optional" practice.

Cuz kids are soft now and you can’t do anything now before parents start to complain

Playing fort nite indoors in AC is much cooler

**** is brutal and you're still expected to do school work, plus figure how to get around.

For HS? The traditional 2-a-day's were during the end of summer break and before school started.

I enjoyed 2-a-day's my senior year. I really did. Even as a freshmen in college. After that...nope. Now, I love the burnt grass smell because it tells me football season is close and that I'm not out there grinding in the heat.

they did?

had no clue.. and i assume this was just for football

yea.. i assume just football.. they aint stopping swimming from having 2 a days, at least i dont think

Back
Top Bottom