Where and what jordan will be in the future?

i was just wondering where the nike jordan brand will be in the future like will they keep making retros or what and if so, until when?

i think jordan's retros will always be around maybe not the best quality but still theres nothing like the jordan brand

any other thoughts?

well instead of numbered jordans now we get the year jordan (jordan 2009,2010....) and i dont see that stoping, even though hes out of the league there will always be guys in the league rocking jordans and down the line there will be new young talent that gets signed to the brand and as far as retros i think at some point those will slow down JB is obviously trying to give us sneaker heads what we want down the stretch with things like black/red and white/red 6's, space jams,cool greys and maybe concords(fingers crossed),powder blue and charcoal 9's and even some ajko's but when we finally get everything we want i dont want to see retros in new garbage colorways like the detroit 6's so hopefully the retros will be retired at some point UNLESS there done RIGHT

JB can only keep throwing retro 1's at us until we are sick of them. They threw fusions at us and we didn't bite. They throw retro versions of the shoe in colorways that aren't original and some of us bite. Then they throw a hot retro with an og colorway and they either make it really limited or an international release. I'm getting dizzy from all this run around. True sneaker heads don't like being #@$#@ with so I think it's only a matter of time until JB completely loses their exclusivity. They've slowly been doing it for the past few years. The brand might be around for a long time since it's a part of Nike and because of MJ but, I speak for myself when I say that I won't keep buying their products if they continue to toy with me. I went from copping what I like to specifically copping the retros that I like. Only thing left for me is to stop that and stick to retros in original colorways before I completely stop buying shoes.

they gonna need to start producing instant classics and innovative designs like they did in the early days. but i STRONGLY doubt that will happen. i.e. 2009s smh

They need to stop selling cheap +#% quality sneakers for $150.00 and $175.00. If they stuck to the old traditional prices of $110.00, their sales would triple, and the brand would live far longer.

Another L for the JB forum. don't just blame the newbs that make the threads, blame those who pay attention to them and the mods. if the mods truly cared, they'd delete any ISS thread like this one and keep this forum strictly
informational. but let's be real, they don't care about this forum as well as the newbs who post before they read the rules.

Originally Posted by dieTOlive

Another L for the JB forum. don't just blame the newbs that make the threads, blame those who pay attention to them and the mods. if the mods truly cared, they'd delete any ISS thread like this one and keep this forum strictly
informational. but let's be real, they don't care about this forum as well as the newbs who post before they read the rules.
shut up! You got 17 posts ! You fail!

roll.gif
^

Dude must have been here browsin before he joined.

post count means nothing. one of my banned screen names has 2,100 posts. so yea, u just failed, kid with less than 300. and bAmazing, it's called LURKING, not "browsin".

post count means nothing. one of my banned screen names has 2,100 posts. so yea, u just failed, kid with less than 300. and bAmazing, it's called LURKING, not "browsin".
U MAD? been here since 07 i don't post much.

been here since '02. multiple bans.
wink.gif

and your proud? making stupid remarks like that and all your posts gets you banned that should tell u to stop posting!
wink.gif

jordan brand will always be out as long as nba players decide to sign with the brand and market the shoes. fusions, dub zeros, spizike's, and newer 2009's, 2010's, will never be as popular as numbers 1-23, but the brand will be smarter in releasing og colorways and throwing in old retro's here and there every year to keep old heads coming back for more.

Slowly but surely, the Jumpman icon will start to outlive the actual on the court performances of MJ himself...it's actually happening now, but I definitely think more so in the future...

I think Michael Jordan will always be respected, but as time goes on, the legend of a person loses mystique...thankfully the Jumpman icon is as globally recognized as maybe a McDonald's logo..

As long as there is quality basketball apparel, and sneakers, they will always have a business....the retros are mainly for the people who grew up watching MJ, or were born somewhat after the heyday of MJ and just like the design of the shoes...

Dudes like Lebron and Kobe, will have retros in the next few years that will appeal more to the current young demograph that watch them play on a regular basis now...so I do think JB has staying power, but not so sure if the retros can carry them on say in 20 years when not too many people care anymore...maybe an XI will be looked at like a Converse Weapon is today...an old sneaker with some history to it..but still an obsolete pair with some shiny patent leather.

I think Brand Jordan will continue to sell their products as they do now...there are always gonna be people buying them whether they are shoeheads or not. Most of y'all may think that Brand Jordan make their money from us("sneakerheads")..but wrong, their sales mostly come from "regular" people who buys them for basketball or just kids buying fusions or hybrids. Believe it or not, I don't think we even make 5% of the money Brand Jordan brings in.

And post counts or joined dates don't really matter to me. Sht, look at me haha(although I've accumulated over 3000 posts in my NT life lol)...It's the thought and quality that you put in your post that matters.

i hope jordan brand starts selling the mcjordan offically, i always want one and Mc donalds only releses them like once a year. hopefully jb will take a hint and start selling them all the time!!
like maybe something like buy a pair of shoes get a free mcjordan, who knows maybe it could be their cash cow?!?!?!?! :dunno:

Jordan McFlys. They lace up for you and glow in the dark. And they hover. Paired with a hoverboard and a flux capacitor, you can go back to the past and grab some OG samples for JB so they realize how much different the quality really is in the OG's and the retros.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Slowly but surely, the Jumpman icon will start to outlive the actual on the court performances of MJ himself...it's actually happening now, but I definitely think more so in the future...

I think Michael Jordan will always be respected, but as time goes on, the legend of a person loses mystique...thankfully the Jumpman icon is as globally recognized as maybe a McDonald's logo..

As long as there is quality basketball apparel, and sneakers, they will always have a business....the retros are mainly for the people who grew up watching MJ, or were born somewhat after the heyday of MJ and just like the design of the shoes...

Dudes like Lebron and Kobe, will have retros in the next few years that will appeal more to the current young demograph that watch them play on a regular basis now...so I do think JB has staying power, but not so sure if the retros can carry them on say in 20 years when not too many people care anymore...maybe an XI will be looked at like a Converse Weapon is today...an old sneaker with some history to it..but still an obsolete pair with some shiny patent leather.

Jb will be ok if they continue with retros in some original colorways. They keep pumping out fusions or the same shoe in 50different colorways is not cool.

Back
Top Bottom