Where does Larry Fitzgerald rank in the discussion of top receivers?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Colston? I agree with the people who say the list of top WR changes.
there you go... Colston is another guy NT completely "abandoned" once he fell out of the spotlight
laugh.gif

if he is not at the top of the list right now he sure is climbing to the top and fast

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Colston? I agree with the people who say the list of top WR changes.
there you go... Colston is another guy NT completely "abandoned" once he fell out of the spotlight
laugh.gif
We didn't abandon Colston, he abandoned us for speaking blasphemy against him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Steve smith.
Randy Moss.
Brandon Marshall.
Andre Johnson.
Plaxico Burress.

Larry Fitzgerald.
Anquan Boldin.
Roddy White.
Calvin Johnson.
Greg Jennings.
Terrell Owens.
Marques Colston.
Reggie Wayne.
Is that 1st list your top tier of WR's and then you got the 2nd tier or are you trying to say there are just a *!+! load of great WRs playingright now.

Nah he's been a top 5 receiver the last couple yrs....this yr he jus been doin his thing as usual...I think people are gettin open cuz they never seen himplay and he is goin ape #%@% in the playoffs...but the top 3 this yr have been andre johnson, steve smith, and larry fitzgerald....Calvin Johnson is def.Coming on strong...he had a monster yr last yr that got mired in a winless season....I see him as larry wit speed....
smh.gif
combo Brandon Marshall is def. Top 10receiver in the league bottom 5 tho

Everyone is enamoured with what Mittzgerald is doin right now so I understand yall screamin he's the best in the game. I expect that from people who arejust so driven by the moment but I wouldnt take him over those 5 I got.

Larry aint beatin No one Deep. (unless its a jump ball)
those 5 I got up there got every route and can beat everyone deep (and they catch jumpballs just as well as him).
Larry got the best hands no doubt, but he aint the best not in my book.

this is definitely the "WR era".

Originally Posted by Respect21

Originally Posted by Feasting Horns

He's the third best behind Steve Smith and Andre. Only reason people are getting on his nuts is because he broke out during the playoffs. Pound for pound, it's still Steve Smith.
Pound for pound means nothing.

Iverson may be the best "pound-for-pound" guard in the history of the NBA, but it does not make him the best.

1a. Larry Fitzgerald
1b. Andre Johnson

Steve Smith was shut down by a rookie CB in his second playoff game, ever.
drccelebrates.jpg

Shut down, huh? Did you see Jake Delhomme that night?

Steve Smith's playoff credentials > any current top WR.

While Steve Smith is a monster, right now at this point in time I would choose Fitz over dude. There is nothing he cannot grab even against 2 defenders.

SMH @ dude bringing up T.O. as if he's better than Fitz RIGHT NOW.
laugh.gif

Nah Smith def is able to do what Fitz does, but I think if I were starting a team and I had to pick one of the two I would choose Fitz since dude is youngerand taller.

That's just my personal preference though, you can make good arguments for swapping both.

Both are in my Top 3.

steve smith is also one of the toughest WRs in the league. hes also more versatile than most top WRs, his return game is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brrraptors

steve smith is also one of the toughest WRs in the league. hes also more versatile than most top WRs, his return game is
pimp.gif

Steve isn't even the regular punt or kick returner for the Panthers anymore so he's not as versatile as he used to be in 2003 when he did it all.

Originally Posted by madj55

Originally Posted by brrraptors

pimp.gif

Steve isn't even the regular punt or kick returner for the Panthers anymore so he's not as versatile as he used to be in 2003 when he did it all.

How does that make him not versatile? They just choose not to use him on KR/PR....

Back
Top Bottom