Where does Ray Allen rank amongst all-time great shooters?

Ray's been my favorite player (Ever since Jordans 2nd retirement of course) and I would like to know where do you guys think he ranks when it comes toall-time great shooters. I dont know much about the shooters of the 60s, 70s and early 80s but I know about Jerry West, Jeff Hornacek, Mitch Richmond, MarkPrice, Reggie Miller, Chris Mullen, etc. but my question is, where does he rank? Is he more Mitch Richmond or Reggie Miller in you guys eyes? I think he'sdefinately top 10 of all-time (closer to top 5 IMO). He's prolly got the prettiest stroke of them all as well. So, my question is, where does he rank?Discuss.

ray ray is the g.o.a.t.

He is the best pure shooter to play the game, even though i could argue reggie.

I loved watching Reggie even though I'm a Knicks fan. Dude was just a killer. Plus the way he use to run through those screens. But Ray's shot and gameis just so much smoother IMO. So he's my #1

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

#2 behind reggie.
pimp.gif

He should catch Reggie's 3pt career total by the time his career is over.

Hard to pick between him, Reggie, Bird, Petrovic, Richmond, Dale Ellis and some others. They're all great, can't go with any of them.

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

rayallen_jumpshot.jpg

This is just a work of art... You don't understand how many times I've looked at this picture and thought to myself: :"Its perfect ever step ofthe way"

He's my #1

Dude is on pace to shatter all of Reggie's records. Dude will go down as one of, if not the best PURE SHOOTER of all time.

vnfmh5.jpg

24nk5lh.jpg

I don't care if Ray Allen goes down with the most 3 Pt shots made and attempts in the history of the NBA. That doesn't necessarily rank him the number1 great shooter in history (IMO).

If you look at the numbers between Reggie and Ray, Reggie's got better percentage numbers (most notably FG%... the 3PT% is about even at around 39-40% forcareer).

Reggie is shooting at 47% for his career... Ray's currently shooting around 44-45%.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ray Ray, he's one of my favorite players, but Reggie is still the man in my books.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

rayallen_jumpshot.jpg

This is just a work of art... You don't understand how many times I've looked at this picture and thought to myself: :"Its perfect ever step of the way"

He's my #1
QFT...
Incredible form

Back
Top Bottom