Where have all the OG Niketalk members gone?

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Where's GLV and Saida aka SlimDotGoods?

Where's Flightman4Life aka Fabian and Kerry?

Where's Menace5Star?

Where's Dave Labels?

My-T.

- I dunno where GLV at. Last time I remember he posted, he had just moved into his own crib. He prolly gettin' skins now since he got his own spot so heaint got time to post on NT. I know for damn sure broads wasn't lettin' him rip wit'out the crib though. Son looked like Akon's Pops back inthe day wit' that dingy flight jacket & yellow eyes. Son looked like he had Hepitits or somethin. Not really sure where SlimGoods is. She was anotherone wit' a disturbing appearance. Her grill looked like a bear trap. I remember tellin' myself one night before a NY summit that I was just gonna getcrazy drunk & let her give me wop but then when I seen her I changed my mind real damn quick. She's really a decent person but I'm just a fouldude...

-I dunno where Carra (menace5tar) is at. I heard she got caught up in the mix a while ago. She was so curious to expierence that negro expierence & she gotit first hand. My son hemed her up right on Morningside Avenue on some 3 o'clock in the afternoon i5h. You got to really be mad at a woman wit' breastthat big to put the back hand to her. I can see kickin' her, but her rack was ridiculous. She was a decent person but she had alot of dirt wit' hertoo. She shoulda just let me beat like I asked her too. I woulda kept the lights on & looked her right in her old face...

-Dave Labels is chillin'. I spoke wit' the homie a few months ago & he steadily doin' his thing. Last time I seen him, we was up in some spoton like 183rd & Broadway eatin' chicken & french fries like 3 in the morning. Son was drunk & spilled his food on the floor & we just leftit there for Eduardo behind the bulletproof counter to clean up..

-Flightman (Fab) is doin' extra goody. I'm prolly gonna link up wit' son on Friday when I come through NY. I gotta go scoop a pair of 1/2 Centsfrom this lil' dingy cat from BK. My joints better be mint too. Son look like the type to have wild roach eggs in the box & all that. I once copped aRaptors warm up suit from him & that joint smelled like Vince Carter slept on a plane in that joint...

So in conclusion, I guess ay'body doin' aight...

Originally Posted by iMack

Where's Menace5Star?

Where's Dave Labels?

My-T.

- I dunno where GLV at. Last time I remember he posted, he had just moved into his own crib. He prolly gettin' skins now since he got his own spot so he aint got time to post on NT. I know for damn sure broads wasn't lettin' him rip wit'out the crib though. Son looked like Akon's Pops back in the day wit' that dingy flight jacket & yellow eyes. Son looked like he had Hepitits or somethin. Not really sure where SlimGoods is. She was another one wit' a disturbing appearance. Her grill looked like a bear trap. I remember tellin' myself one night before a NY summit that I was just gonna get crazy drunk & let her give me wop but then when I seen her I changed my mind real damn quick. She's really a decent person but I'm just a foul dude...

-I dunno where Carra (menace5tar) is at. I heard she got caught up in the mix a while ago. She was so curious to expierence that negro expierence & she got it first hand. My son hemed her up right on Morningside Avenue on some 3 o'clock in the afternoon i5h. You got to really be mad at a woman wit' breast that big to put the back hand to her. I can see kickin' her, but her rack was ridiculous. She was a decent person but she had alot of dirt wit' her too. She shoulda just let me beat like I asked her too. I woulda kept the lights on & looked her right in her old face...

-Dave Labels is chillin'. I spoke wit' the homie a few months ago & he steadily doin' his thing. Last time I seen him, we was up in some spot on like 183rd & Broadway eatin' chicken & french fries like 3 in the morning. Son was drunk & spilled his food on the floor & we just left it there for Eduardo behind the bulletproof counter to clean up..

-Flightman (Fab) is doin' extra goody. I'm prolly gonna link up wit' son on Friday when I come through NY. I gotta go scoop a pair of 1/2 Cents from this lil' dingy cat from BK. My joints better be mint too. Son look like the type to have wild roach eggs in the box & all that. I once copped a Raptors warm up suit from him & that joint smelled like Vince Carter slept on a plane in that joint...

laugh.gif
an update like only this dude could do it. Sdotgoods didremind me of ultrasur avy though.

Wattup Bastitch! Mad love....I'm still around homie, I just stay in Sneaker Showcase and occasionally in Music. Hope you're livin' well.

Originally Posted by Ruffin51

Nice to see some old heads in here.

In the summer of 2001 I had just finished my freshman year of high school. I had purchased my first pair of Jordans (Laney V's at Footlocker for $70) and after I bought a pair of Huaraches in the white/royal blue/scream green colorway from John Gotty (who is still my dude) my parents put me on "shoe limit" for a short time
grin.gif
embarassed.gif
They took the limit away when they realized my passion, that it wasn't some momentary obsession. I knew about Niketalk for several months before joining in August of '01.

I definitely agree with whoever said they miss the days when you knew everyone who posted on NT, it was a smaller community, whereas now there's so many people and so many new people that it's hard to have any name recognition for the vast majority of members.

I really think the whole "team" idea has been a bad one and really strange. It seems divisive to me although I'm sure it has brought certain people together. I am known for AFIs but I also love Air Maxes, and yet I don't belong to any "teams." Being in a team on a messageboard just seems odd to me.

To answer the question at hand, I think the shoe game and Niketalk itself kind of made some of the older members want to leave. The community getting so big and full of stupidity (although there is usually some good stuff there too, heck I'm still here) plus the sheer amount and low quality of product being pushed with manufactured rarity is a real buzz kill. I think shoeheads will always be shoeheads; a lot of the heads that don't post anymore are still sitting on massive heat, at least I like to think this is the case.

I think there is some good stuff going on here today, I really like the Sneaker Showcase forum...the New Era thread, AFI and AM threads....really nice vintage shoes being posted regularly and a very positive sense of camaraderie flowing through the posts. With that said, I did and still do spend entirely too much time on Niketalk. A year ago I wasn't even posting or viewing anymore but it's funny how you end up coming back. I came to grad school and have way too much time on my hands; go figure.

Okay...how creepy is this...

2gy7gy0.jpg

Took that at the NT Chicago Love Truck stop.
laugh.gif

I was too scared to come talk, so I just took a picture of your shoes and left. Always saved the picture because it's of two of my favorite shoes of alltime.

laugh.gif

Classic pic. I remember cutting out of school with my best friend to go to the Love Truck. That picture is of me and donjuan513 (Ty from Leaders long beforeLeaders existed). Wish I still had some Laney Vs but those were size 11.5.

Originally Posted by Ruffin51

laugh.gif

Classic pic. I remember cutting out of school with my best friend to go to the Love Truck. That picture is of me and donjuan513 (Ty from Leaders long before Leaders existed). Wish I still had some Laney Vs but those were size 11.5.

Wow, I guess that picture should be added to the NT archives.

I had no idea it was Ty with you. Makes the picture that much better.

Since 2000. Came from nPark a couple weeks after this board was started up. Kicks game is basura right now and I've matured out of it, but this place stillprovides comedy and good info from time to time.

Where's Menace5Star?

Where's Dave Labels?

My-T.

- I dunno where GLV at. Last time I remember he posted, he had just moved into his own crib. He prolly gettin' skins now since he got his own spot so he aint got time to post on NT. I know for damn sure broads wasn't lettin' him rip wit'out the crib though. Son looked like Akon's Pops back in the day wit' that dingy flight jacket & yellow eyes. Son looked like he had Hepitits or somethin. Not really sure where SlimGoods is. She was another one wit' a disturbing appearance. Her grill looked like a bear trap. I remember tellin' myself one night before a NY summit that I was just gonna get crazy drunk & let her give me wop but then when I seen her I changed my mind real damn quick. She's really a decent person but I'm just a foul dude...

-I dunno where Carra (menace5tar) is at. I heard she got caught up in the mix a while ago. She was so curious to expierence that negro expierence & she got it first hand. My son hemed her up right on Morningside Avenue on some 3 o'clock in the afternoon i5h. You got to really be mad at a woman wit' breast that big to put the back hand to her. I can see kickin' her, but her rack was ridiculous. She was a decent person but she had alot of dirt wit' her too. She shoulda just let me beat like I asked her too. I woulda kept the lights on & looked her right in her old face...

-Dave Labels is chillin'. I spoke wit' the homie a few months ago & he steadily doin' his thing. Last time I seen him, we was up in some spot on like 183rd & Broadway eatin' chicken & french fries like 3 in the morning. Son was drunk & spilled his food on the floor & we just left it there for Eduardo behind the bulletproof counter to clean up..

-Flightman (Fab) is doin' extra goody. I'm prolly gonna link up wit' son on Friday when I come through NY. I gotta go scoop a pair of 1/2 Cents from this lil' dingy cat from BK. My joints better be mint too. Son look like the type to have wild roach eggs in the box & all that. I once copped a Raptors warm up suit from him & that joint smelled like Vince Carter slept on a plane in that joint...

Henz.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wasn't that when I was wit ya'll?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You forgot to add Davis trying to be a Body Builder by wearing XS tees.

NT its comic nowadays, been lurkin since 03 when we had snuggle mcduggal, flintGrey(before he started his website), babyjordan23, etc... remember waiting onthis dudes to come baack from meetings with info to post and samples to show
nerd.gif
... those were the days!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i guess keeping a low profile has its rewards/benefits, although a few people AIMed me thinking i was THE "PAT"

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

CedMillz with the lumpy face , those Tyrone Hill cheekbones .

Q's archnemesis
nerd.gif

Remember when they use to get into e-tussles and coffeecakeface posted his car registration form
laugh.gif

Where's Menace5Star?

Where's Dave Labels?

My-T.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Where's Menace5Star?

Where's Dave Labels?

My-T.

-Flightman (Fab) is doin' extra goody. I'm prolly gonna link up wit' son on Friday when I come through NY. I gotta go scoop a pair of 1/2 Cents from this lil' dingy cat from BK. My joints better be mint too.
Son look like the type to have wild roach eggs in the box & all that. I once copped a Raptors warm up suit from him & that joint smelled like Vince Carter slept on a plane in that joint...

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You're OG when you remember the pair of white/columbia XI's where the soles were painted red. I believe it was KVN who painted them, but I could bewrong.

Started lurking around '03 and finally registered in '04. Not really OG but damn, can't believe it's been 5-6 years.

Back
Top Bottom