Where is the best place to donate clothes ? ? ? ? ? ?

My wife got mad clothes I gotta go donate but it seems like all these places eat off your clothes. I don't want Goodwill or Salvation Army selling her clothes, I rather make sure some people in need get them. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks

You are in 703? Central Union Mission is where I donated last year

Search your local database, I think this is more of a regional (forum) question vs. a National one.

But there are homeless shelters in every city.

I think a simple google search, "Places to Donate clothes in ______ (city)" would be useful. (No disrespect)

Or you could do what I do, go where there are alot of homeless people and just drop bags of clothes in the area at night

Churches sometimes send clothes overseas to impoverished areas. Contact some local churches.

Back by my mom's house the various shopping center parking lots have those donation bins that I have used. I've seen trucks come by for pickups too.

n1zpp4-wdonate1115abinary787960.jpg

You are in 703? Central Union Mission is where I donated last year

Search your local database, I think this is more of a regional (forum) question vs. a National one.

But there are homeless shelters in every city.

I think a simple google search, "Places to Donate clothes in ______ (city)" would be useful. (No disrespect)

Or you could do what I do, go where there are alot of homeless people and just drop bags of clothes in the area at night

I was googling it, it was mostly consignment shops and thrift stores popping up. Then some of the places that accept donations are picky as hell. "We're only accepting ___ right now" I'm like yo that's wild.

Back by my mom's house the various shopping center parking lots have those donation bins that I have used. I've seen trucks come by for pickups too.

n1zpp4-wdonate1115abinary787960.jpg

Do people actually use these? I thought these were a scam or some ****.

My wife got mad clothes I gotta go donate but it seems like all these places eat off your clothes. I don't want Goodwill or Salvation Army selling her clothes, I rather make sure some people in need get them. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks

Homeless shelter fam. Best place.

Got a place I take men's clothing on a regular basis and a women's shelter whenever I gather up women's stuff. Family place for toys for the kids.

Man don't put anything in those Big Bins on the street. I wouldn't trust them either.

Give them to people in your direct area.

your local thrift store
He literally said he doesn't want anything to be resold

I am not a source of information, but check to make sure that clothes are not sent to developing countries, as well.

I think a number of US "charities" have been profiting off developing countries , where locals stop supporting locally sourced and owned textile businesses.

Last edited:
Yeah those donation bins make apprx $3-4 billion dollars in profits selling in Africa & other countries. None of that money goes to the poor.

Selling these used clothes from those donation boxes is so widespread in Africa that the textile industry is virtually non-existent there now.

Also I don't donate to the salvation army because their church is very anti-gay. I don't want to donate to any type of hate group.

Finding a good local charity is ideal.

It sucks because you think you're doing a good deed by donating, but you're helping enable these scams. The real losers are the people in the under-developed countries who get their lands and resources depleted. Leading to further poverty and like someone mentioned above the local textile industries suffers.

Local charities or I used to drop off stuff at the yellow planet aid donation box since I seen them alotta places

If you worried bout scams tho just find somebdy that needs stuff and hand it directly over to them...I know somebody that does that too

Anyone with insight on where to donate worn clothing made from synthetic? Like those old compression shorts with the stretched out waistband, or socks with holes in them.

I have been trying to find a textile recycler to send them too, but am coming up short.

Anyone with insight on where to donate worn clothing made from synthetic? Like those old compression shorts with the stretched out waistband, or socks with holes in them.

I have been trying to find a textile recycler to send them too, but am coming up short.
H&M and/or Forever 21 recycles those clothes and make new clothes from it.

Try calling them

be wary of those donation bins , lots of crooks dropping em everywhere then flip the clothes .

i've donated time & energy by teaching / playing piano for kids at the local orphanage for the past couple years -

lady in charge told me the least donated but most needed clothing item is socks

Back
Top Bottom