where those cats that was questioning the Billups trade?

Originally Posted by tusk212

Originally Posted by maldonado

Ive come to the point as a Nuggets fan that the best i can hope for year in and year out is a first round exit.

horrible philosophy. I hope you've been watching lately. This isnt the same team man. I know its been painful but, barring injury, we're gonna be real tough this year.

I realize this is not a good out look but ive been let down so much by this team. I never really thought Iverson was the "answer" for them so to speak. I think Billups give them a more pure point and someone who is a distributor and that is what they need with Melo, JR, Nene and KMart.
dog Ive been been takin the 31 bus back home from the game down Federal mad as *$%# since Chris Jackson was first lightin cats up. Marcus Libertywas a back ups back up. Bryant Stith and lmost Robert Pack was dunkin on schmucks and Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo almost fingerwagged us past the 2nd round.

I feel your pain.

ahhhh we doing big things this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.....when melo catches fire its over! chauncey has brought a lot to this team
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Screw Iverson, i want Chauncey back.
laugh.gif

stupid trade for detroit if they're trying to win this year, if it was just a money move, then that's a diff story

i don't consider myself a hardcore nuggets fan, but melo is my favorite player, so rocked with the nuggets since 03

when AI came over, i was legitimately sad, cuz dude is a straight up hindrance...TO EVERYBODY

now that there's a real pg here, this team truly has promise

pimp.gif

Nugs will be a problem.

biggest +s to me are

1. JR has a legit mentor. AI's cool but it aint like he coulda helped JR develop shot selection skills with Karl there
2. Nene can get the ball. he's effective when he has the chance

Make this thread after the first round.

I said I liked the trade day 1 for both teams and I still feel the same way.

The Pistons weren't gonna get past Boston or maybe even Cleveland anyway, so it was a money move/"safe" gamble. Detroit had their run. Secondhalf of the season, I think they'll find a rhythm.

Denver needed a true pg and they got it. Doesn't get much better than Billups.

From what I've seen (not that much), it doesn't even look like AI is even enjoying the game anymore. It's like he's on auto pilot. I may bewrong though.

Wait, there were fans of Denver questioning this trade? I think you are referring to the AI stans who still believe hewould have a ring if he "just had a team with some talent, because he hasn't lost a step." To them, any team that willingly gives up A.I. areimbeciles who are throwing away any chance of their team ever being relevant again.

This was taken from the Pistons board at realgm.com, from a thread titled "Watching Denver hit the ground running":

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=17856703#p17856703
by Bosanac on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:11 pm

EMB6903 wrote:One thing I am happy about is you AI homers are off the Nuggets boards

Take them back, please. Convert them to be Melo fans or something.

But the REAL Denver fans are still here, and we appreciate Chauncey Billups. I think we just have a quiet optimism about our team, which is why you don'tsee many "team threads" anymore. The bandwagon was fun for a while, I must admit. But now that A.I. has fallen into the category of"journeyman," I don't think he will ever cause that much hype again. A.I. missing practice got a lot of media attention, but what I've takennote of was Rip's comments about the state of Detroit's trustfactor. Also noteworthy has been A.I.'s comment that less playing time is affecting his rhythmhttp://. These are the little things that will likely grow bigger as the season continues for Detroit.But I like I said before, "This trade will really help Detroit... next year." I was actually shocked when I saw a lot of Nationwide polls that gaveDenver the edge in this trade. Only 2 question can really be asked now: 1. "Will Denver finally make it to the 2nd round?" and 2. "Where willA.I. end up next year?"

All Denver needed was a real pg...even though they had some successful seasons with Iverson.

No way he should be getting any "blame" here, that's just plain silly.

Detroit had Billups for how many years and didn't get it done? Now all of a sudden we're supposed to really be missing him?
smh.gif

For the last few years Chauncey had good regular seasons and disappeared or got injured in the playoffs...I'm not missing him at all to be honest with you.

I'm glad he was with us and I appreciate everything that he did for the Pistons but we weren't going to win another chip with the same unit...it wastime to make some changed and roll the dice

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

From what I've seen (not that much), it doesn't even look like AI is even enjoying the game anymore. It's like he's on auto pilot. I may be wrong though.
I've noticed that too. I don't know if it's b/c he realizes his window is closing faster than he wants. Or if it's b/c he'sstill learning the system in Det. Or if it's b/c of something else.

And I agree with gritty. AI doesn't deserve any "blame". Denver's coaching and constant injuries were more to blame than anything.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Nuggets fans,sorry to break the news to you but your still first round exits

we've found the sole poster boy that I was looking for.

20081108__20081109_CC09_SP09BKNBILLUPS~p2.JPG

20081116_123738_Cbillups111608.jpg

929982~Chauncey-Billups-2004-NBA-Championship-MVP-Trophies-Photofile-Posters.jpg

080429_chauncey_billups.jpg

tell em how you feel Dahntay

20081127__20081128_C01_SP28BKNNUGS~p1.JPG

Originally Posted by tylerdub

12-3 since the trade. You really cant ask for much better than that.

Exactly. Chauncey has brought his leadership and toughness to this team and they're only going to become better as the season goes along.

Ive come to the point as a Nuggets fan that the best i can hope for year in and year out is a first round exit.

horrible philosophy. I hope you've been watching lately. This isnt the same team man. I know its been painful but, barring injury, we're gonna be real tough this year.
Yeah you'll go 7 games and still make a first round exit. You can't abandon logic and reason for emotions.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Yeah you'll go 7 games and still make a first round exit. You can't abandon logic and reason for emotions.

that was with a COMPLETELY different team and philosophy. SMH ..

do ya'll follow basketball or just play Live all day?

this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game since we've drafted Melo (and probably 10years prior to that too)

everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard and post up, a center that isnt soft andhas an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in its infant stage.

we good homie.
pimp.gif

(barring injury)

this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game since we've drafted Melo (and probably 10 years prior to that too)

everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard and post up, a center that isnt soft and has an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in its infant stage.

we good homie.
pimp.gif

(barring injury)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Honestly your reaching.....

Just curious...whats your playoff predictions for the "completely different" nuggets team?

Clearly by my SN you can see im an AI fan but my team is the Nuggets and I never once thought this was a bad trade by the Nuggets. Chauncey is a shooter andthat is what the Nuggets needed. Iverson wasnt going to work in their system because you cant have 2 scorers on the floor at the same time. And I was hopingthat Iverson could work out in Detroit but they arent letting him play his game. They want him to be like Chauncey and hes not.

If they let him get his shots off and score they would be much better and have Sheed and when McDysse gets back clean up the boards and the easy buckets itwould work. But They arent playing like that Sheed seems to have forgotten that the 3 point line is not the out of bounds line and you are allowed to go pastit on the offensive end, and the rest of the Pistons not passing Iverson the ball if he is shooting under 50% from the field that night. Making him shoot evenworse shots because when he gets the ball he looks to shoot because he doesnt know when hes gonna see the ball again.

The trade could be beneficial to both teams but right now it only looks good for the nuggets because they didnt hav to change their style of play. But why RipHamilton is the one taking the most shots night in and night out for the Pistons is mind boggling. He has never been a jump shooter but now thinks he can shootthe ball efficient enough now that there is someone on the team who can pretty much score at will.

this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game since we've drafted Melo (and probably 10 years prior to that too)

everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard and post up, a center that isnt soft and has an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in its infant stage.

we good homie.
pimp.gif

(barring injury)

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Honestly your reaching.....

Just curious...whats your playoff predictions for the "completely different" nuggets team?

please tell me specifically where Im reachin..
I said this: everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard andpost up, a center that isnt soft and has an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in itsinfant stage.

I stand behind that statement.

and I said this: this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game sincewe've drafted Melo (and probably 10 years prior to that too)
also still co-signing this.

with that said, I never said they'd win the NBA Finals this year.. or even get out of the 1st round.

but I do think they have a team that can compete, not get swept, and can potentially get out of the 1st round, judging from what Ive seen thus far. and theyare a "different" team whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, pimpin.

it's still early though, and I take nothing for granted.

Nuggets 103 Spurs 89.

I said this: everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard and post up, a center that isnt soft and has an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in its infant stage.

and I said this: this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game since we've drafted Melo (and probably 10 years prior to that too)

with that said, I never said they'd win the NBA Finals this year.. or even get out of the 1st round.
Im sorry sir, I just assumed that when you said....

this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me

that would mean that you thought they would get out of the first round this year.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ myself

I said this: everything we've lacked (defense, a a cohesive and managed offense, a true facilitating pg, a pg that can guard and post up, a center that isnt soft and has an inside game, Melo rebounding and playing D, a solid bench, etc, etc) has suddenly surfaced, albeit its in its infant stage.

and I said this: this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me, Ive watched almost every single game since we've drafted Melo (and probably 10 years prior to that too)

Im sorry sir, I just assumed that when you said....

this isnt the same team that loses every year in the 1st round. trust me

that would mean that you thought they would get out of the first round this year.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ myself

now you reachin.... lol

theres getting swept in the 1st round and theres winning the NBA title. in between that there is a whole buncha grey area that can still be attained and guesswhat. I think they're good enough to probably get out of the 1st round! My original point was this is not the same team that we saw get swept last year toLA. if you're gonna wildly exxagerate that into me saying they're gonna win the Finals then..........

fuggit so be it.

lets get get get it!!

nba-trophy_full.jpg

Back
Top Bottom