Where were you during 9/11 ?

9th grade, history lecture ...the teacher put the news on the big screen and we watched it till they let us out of school early cuz the pentagon got hit and we were in the closet big city next to DC ...crazy day, remember going home and just chillin round my way not knowing what's going on

Was working at a ballys Gym and it was a slow day so after I ate my breakfast , i had a back room where i used to go take naps...the only people that new about it where the janitors , so the janitor on duty was a guy that barely spoke English , he comes running in the room while im knocked out and starts screaming that we were at war. Im like wtf...go to see whats going on in TV.... I could not believe what i was seeing. They let everybody go home immediately i caught the last bus going back because all nyc MTA was suspended city wide. On that ride home everything just felt so surreal.
R.I.P. to the victims and rescue workers.

I was in elementary school, grade 8. I remember we finished French class and my teacher walks in... immediately says....

"everyone stop what they're doing.... this could be World War 3 as we know it...."

I'm like, this ***** gon' crazy.

she puts the radio on and we can hear the madness going on... she goes "write down everything you're hearing. this is History in the making"...

2nd year working in NYC. Aunt worked there and a friend of mine just got relocated from WTC to offices in Jersey City. He called me up saying he can see smoke from one of the towers. Forget when but then he messaged me via AOL IM that he saw a plane crash into the buildings. Told him to leave and go home.

I work in midtown east in a building that couldve been a target. Was waiting for when we would be evacuated. Finally around 10-11, started walking towards downtown since no trains or buses running. Ended up going downtown then to midtown west, walked the QB bridge, then home to Astoria. In between, had over 20 missed calls since cell towers were jammed up. Called my grandmom to see if my aunt had gone to work and she said yeah, but she wasnt aware of the attacks. Aunt missed work and was lucky, but her boss was there and his remains were found.

Was just telling my wife that it was 14 years ago. Helped out 2 weeks after the attacks by Ground Zero, NYC was so surreal from Union Square with posters and pics of people missing.

I have some pictures from that day from a disposable camera I bought. Cars covered in soot, even a guy who I have no idea walked from there to near 23rd and 1rst Ave.

Crazy day, I know I'm missing even more details but people would be needing cliffs.

Was in school (7th grade).

You could see the smoke from distance from our classroom window.

We watched the broadcast on Univision cause all the other channels weren't coming in clear :lol:

Pretty much turned into a free day after that. 3 hour recess, ice cream for lunch, computer games. Majority of kids got pulled outta school early. Every time we saw a plane fly by we'd scream like fools.

We were too immature to realize how serious it was until afterwards.

I was taking the bus to best buy to cop ghetto fabolous and the blueprint. by the time i got to school **** had already hit the fan

Was working at a ballys Gym and it was a slow day so after I ate my breakfast , i had a back room where i used to go take naps...the only people that new about it where the janitors , so the janitor on duty was a guy that barely spoke English , he comes running in the room while im knocked out and starts screaming that we were at war. Im like wtf...go to see whats going on in TV.... I could not believe what i was seeing. They let everybody go home immediately i caught the last bus going back because all nyc MTA was suspended city wide. On that ride home everything just felt so surreal.
R.I.P. to the victims and rescue workers.

Bally's on Queens Blvd?

Yeah, I dont think I went back to work til Thursday. I also remember driving across the Triboro and GW on the following Saturday and seeing smoke coming out from where the towers were standing.

Got home and had so many messages on my answering machine and voicemail. Definitely was surreal that day.

I was in 4th grade. My mom usually left for work before I had to catch the bus, so I had to wake up by myself and get ready. I was late getting out to the bus and watched it as it drove off. I called my mom to see if she could get a ride, no response. Called her job and she didn't pick up, so I left a message.

About an hour later I get a panicked call, my mom sounds like she's crying on the other line and is asking me if I'm alright. I say yeah, of course I just missed the bus. She was worried because she saw the breaking headlines and immediately went to my school to find me, but they said I didn't show up.

She picked me up and dropped me off at school because she didn't want me alone in the house. Spent the day in the gym watching the news. Saw people jumping from the building on live TV. It was surreal.

5th grade. I remember a lot of my classmates were leaving early that day.

It's a blur, but I remember the Air Force One flying over my house that day. It was surreal. 

RIP to all those lives lost. 

On Queensboro bridge watching it burn, listening to

for the first time. It was like a damn movie. Decided to leave school early.
But I went back after that and it was a frenzy.

Last edited:
7th Grade in Art Class.

Pretty much cosign with the we were immature thing. I was just glad to leave school early :lol:

I had just finished bootcamp, and it was my second day at my first ever duty station at Pope Air Force base. I was 19.

I'm from dc, my dad taught at Banneker high school across from Howard University, and my mom worked 17th & K, 4 blocks from the white house. Phones were down, I couldn't get a hold of them. Rumors were swirling thay the white house got hit.

Turns out, as thousands of folks downtown were running away from the white house, my mom got t-boned by someone running a red light. She left her car there and ran 10 blocks north.

My dad said he saw the pentagon smoke from his classroom window

By noon that day, I was in an emergency meeting and our commander was telling us to pack our bags in case we were going to get deployed to the middle east for war

You wanna talk about real life scared...between not having reached my parents at the time to know they were okay, and hearing that I might be on a plane to Afghanistan tomorrow...and of course the horror of seeing the towers fall....I found myself a storage closet and cried hysterically for a good 10 minutes.

**** those pieces of **** terrorists . God bless America

I remeber going to the mall to see if i had to work and the arabic jewelry store owner was lookin terrified he thought people were going to come after him.

Sad day

6th grade computer class...NYC is across the Hudson from where i was and we could see the smoke from the towers and our school was shut down and we weren't allowed to leave until late that...they told us a raccoon with rabies was in the area since we were in elementary school. It wasn't until i got home and saw the news that i understood the magnitude of what had happened. 

9-11-never-forget-1.jpg

I was a sophomore in HS. I woke up to shower for school and noticed the TV was on with the volume up loud and my parents were still home. At first, it didn't hit me immediately, simply because I was half asleep. But as soon as I got to school, I realized what had been done. I was in JROTC in HS, so I was entrenched with the entire event.

When the first tower collapsed, I was in shock.

Crazy for that brief moment after this the country felt so unified now it's back to poopsville

I will legit never forget where I was, because I was in the process of getting suspended lol. I was in 9th grade. On September 10th, 2001 I got in a fight on the bus on the way home. Gave dude the hands. I still feel bad about it. It was a peer pressure fight, although he was throwing punches, he didn't deserve that. Anyways, when I get to school the next day, there was a group standing outside the school and everyone was gassing me when I rolled up loll, then the Principal came and scooped me up lol. This was like 8:30 am. We had like this smaller lunchroom that they put me in since it was empty except for the lunch-ladies and there was a tv on in there. I was supposed to sit in there literally all day, and then start my suspension the next day. I got suspended for 10 days btw. The television was on the news, but the volume was too low to hear. I was bored, in between sneaking looks at my phone, I looked at the tv. It showed a breaking news banner and showed some destruction, but my mind wasn't comprehending what I was seeing, that's not something you ever expect to see. I legit thought it was a movie trailer. I wasn't even tripping for the first hour until the principal's secretary ran in and told the lunch-ladies what happened and turned the volume up. I was tripped out. They actually let me go to class after that so I wouldn't be alone. There were kids crying. Or angry. And everybody bugged out whenever a plane flew over head. It was scary as hell.

Mom wasn't even tripping that I got suspended for the 10 days after the terrorist attack. Plus the fact, We had a trip already planned...for that very next week. We flew to Florida on September 15, 2001. Talk about a quiet flight. It was empty as hell. maybe 30% full. And when we landed everybody clapped. Wild.

I'm in canada so it was different. I just moved to my own place, and had no tv nor internet. I was waiting at the bus stop when some random guy came to me and told me about bombs blowing up the us and the subway system might be messed up. I thought the guy was a lunatic and just nodded my head after each sentence he said. I later realized the guy was telling the truth

Well,I woke up that day going to wish my sister happy birthday

Went up stairs to my mother say something to me I don't recall what she said but something was wrong

I walked into my sisters room to see here with an odd look on her face

I looked at the television to see a plane stuck in a building

That's all I remember

I was at home. I woke up and looked at the tv and thought it was a movie. I didn't really pay it any attention until I got to school. I was in 10th grade at the time. When I got to school, everyone was talking about it, I was like... THAT WAS REAL? That whole day was crazy.
I remember my mom coming home early because downtown LA was on high alert. Especially the building she worked in because it's one of the taller one's. The trippy thing is, I currently work in that same building.

Was In my final year of college; 8am Propaganda graduate class.
Walked into the classroom, only a few of us in there.
One dude tells me a plane had just recently hit the WTC.
At that time I though "accident..." and paid it little attention.
When the 2nd one hit, the professor dismissed us immediately, then the University closed.
Spent the next several hours trying to call specific people in NY.
:nerd:

Junior year of HS.......I woke up that morning walking into the living room after shower and noticed my dad watching breaking news. A building was on fire, didn't think much of it, ate cereal quickly and then drove to school. It wasn't until I got to school and finally realized what was happening was real big. Everyone was talking about it, it was crazy. After school when I got home it was on every channel. I remember being scared, and saddened for the people who died. I couldn't believe our country was under attack. I live in California, so by the time I woke up for school the buildings were already collapsed and gone in NY.

RIP to those who lost their lives that tragic Tuesday.

Last edited:
9th grade

Was walking to history class and found out...my hs had 10 buildings so I was walking to another

Back
Top Bottom