Where you sit at a sporting event, does it matter to you?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

absolutely....been spoiled with seats for the past couple of years. Sounds snobbish, but I can't watch games unless I'm somewhere in the lower level. *shrugs*
I'm the exact same way, I'll spend the extra for great seats

With so many people practically giving away Wizards tickets it isn't even about spending extra for lower level seats here in DC.
But if I had my dream seat, lower level, half court, side angle. I sit the same spot if I go to a HS/AAU game as well. Half Court, about 15 rows up. I need to see it all.

For basketball and boxing I like to sit on the lower level. For baseball I sit in the right field bleachers because a) I can see the game just as well as when I used to sit on the field level between home and 3rd, and b) there's an area there where people stand and watch, and they always crack me up because they're always drunk.

Football is the only sports where I won't accept anything other than lower level unless it's the playoffs or something. 49er playoff tickets were going for an arm and a leg.

To me, it depends on the sport.

my Nets seats are corner lower level (Cheerleader entrance) and I use to have uppers when they were at Izod. never again will i Sit up high unless it is first row center court for a basketball game (Plus, courtside seats are nice, but I rather sit in the sections above courtside if I had a chance.)

Baseball games I can sit high as long as it is behind home plate, or lower rows of first or third base side.

Hockey. High. I like seeing the action. Up near the glass is nice and all, but you do miss A LOT of the game. We just purchased Devils season tickets to replace my Nets tickets (nets too high for their product and being a Ny Rangers fan, i swallowed my pride thanks to the prices the Dolans charge for just upper level Season Tickets.)

Football - Depends on the individual, i have row 10 in section 347 for my jets seat and I have to say, football is the one sport that it is totally different being there than it is watching at home. I truly believe with all the other sports, you can get a true feel of how it is, Football is different. i think when people discuss how the crowd was for football games when watching on television, it is about ten times that at the stadium itself. But that is my opinion really.

lower level season ticket holder for 5 years with the occasional 5-6 courtside games a year #humblebrag

But it makes a huge difference for me, i cant do anything upper level. Idk whats the point of spending hundreds of dollars at an event for a nosebleed that you can barely see.

I have never done a courtside on an NBA game yet, but it's something I want to try a few times. OKC's resale value just be so high on tickets that even on a crappy team, weekday game I'm looking at close to 5bills and I heard the ones that are always on Ticketexchange aren't even good since they're completely past the corner toward the tunnel

My younger days I was always upper level. Free tickets.
laugh.gif

I have seated in the lower level a couple of times. Last game was at the SPURS vs wolves game.
I went up to the upper level at halftime and damn it was wild up there. Alot of females. Felt more alive than lower level.
smokin.gif

Big time. I laugh at those fools who were sitting in the nose bleeds last night at the Superdome, a million miles from the basketball court.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

My younger days I was always upper level. Free tickets.
laugh.gif

I have seated in the lower level a couple of times. Last game was at the SPURS vs wolves game.
I went up to the upper level at halftime and damn it was wild up there. Alot of females. Felt more alive than lower level.
smokin.gif

I thought Spurs games were relatively "chill" I guess?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

absolutely....been spoiled with seats for the past couple of years. Sounds snobbish, but I can't watch games unless I'm somewhere in the lower level. *shrugs*
I'm the exact same way, I'll spend the extra for great seats
Yep. 20 or so rows is the highest I'll go. It's just not worth it to go through all the hassle for seats that don't really allow you to see the action. 

rexall is outdated and not all that big. so for oiler games, anywhere works over here. no such thing as a bad seat in this arena IMO

but otherwise,

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

for hockey though...no better seat in the house than first row balcony. first row balcony in the middle of the zone that your team shoots twice in > *
that

Wrestling is a must for me to sit closer to the floor. Football, I'd rather have a mid way up nice angle. Baseball, I don't really care but lower is great.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

quick question for you kings fans, why the hell are the tickets wayyyy more expensive than the warriors

Couldn't tell ya
laugh.gif
also why I attend more Clips games than Kings games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I disagree.

I've gone to about 5-10 Warriors and Kings games this year.
Kings tickets was always cheaper.

Especially since going to Warriors I gotta pay 5$ toll fee + 18 to park.

Kings game, no toll fee and parking is only 10$. That's 13$ savings alone, not even including cheaper ticket price I pay on stubhub/razorgator.

yall are gonna need to school me on finding cheap kings tix..... Sick of paying 50-65 for row's N and up in the lower level
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

For me, it really matters. If I'm sitting in the cheap seats and have a bad view I would rather watch it at home.
I think that goes for most people. With technology today, teams need to understand more people (especially families) would rather chill at home and get a better view. I can understand close seats being pricey, but nosebleeds need to come down in price. There's nothing those seats provide that isn't replicated on a broadcast, honestly. Yes, there are exceptions (playoffs and marquee matchups), but that's a small portion of the total number of games.

Teams (speaking towards the NBA) need to tack on a few extra dollars to lower bowl seats and drop the same amount from nosebleeds. The lower bowl people don't care about a few extra dollars, but it makes a huge difference to someone who wants to just be able to get in the door.

I usually buy upper level and sit where ever.....Angel Stadium was the best place to do it, but I dont know now that they got Pujols

Whenever i buy tickets i always get them in 100 Level. i only sit in upper level when somebody gave me tickets. Whenever Cubs, Vikings,Pistons come to DC. i buy 100 level.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's a big game. If its a normal regular season game then it kinda matters. I just like being there.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Wrestling is a must for me to sit closer to the floor. Football, I'd rather have a mid way up nice angle. Baseball, I don't really care but lower is great.

All of this. Football, higher up so you can see the whole field and watch plays unfold.

I go to a few Wizards games per year. Not to watch the Wizards, but to watch the team they are playing against. When I have my kids, I usually stick to upperdeck. I was able to take all of us, sit at mid court on the upper level for like $9 per ticket. Me and my boy went to a Wizards/Magic game a few weeks back, and sat lower level for $18 per ticket.

I look at going to the Wizards game like going to the movies on a random night. $9 for a ticket, 2 1/2 hours of entertainment.

Went to a Miami vs. Virginia football game a couple years back.  Sat in the second row, on the 20 yard line.  It sucked.  When they weren't directly in front us, I had to watch the screens to see what was going on.  Never again.

Back
Top Bottom