Which Jordan do you feel was most advanced for it's time?

to me it cant be the VIIs ... they look so similar to the VIs , that automatically takes it out of the running

id say its the Vs
TEAM RICK ASTLEY
Team 9geria
The Lagos Chapter ...

its gotta be the VIII's what shoe had cross straps like that at the time and the crazy pattern on the insole, plus the carpet material surrounding the jumpman...@#%$ wasnt ready...
***WANTED WHITE,BLACK,& RED JORDAN II DS OR VNDS SIZE 10.5 GET AT ME!!!***

Lol at this old thread.

That said, I feel like it had to be the Air Jordan 11. It used old cushioning tech but the carbon fiber plate and patent leather was used in a ton of models after that. For example, Foamposites with CF and even Reebok Questions with patent leather. Although the speed lacing system was 1st used on the AJ 10, I think the version on the 11s was a true refinement and was even used on other sneakers that came out much later (i.e. Yeezy 750s).

I agree that the II's should get more credit, back in 87 their construction was from another planet compared to other shoes out there.

VI should get an honorable mention for pull tabs as they were ahead of their time

V and XI unquestionably in my opinion

and more recently the XX8 set the direction for all of the Air Jordans that followed up until today

XXX4 for their overall construction

Last edited:
I honestly could choose any Air Jordan but I think two darkhouse choices are the Air Jordan 28 and the Air Jordan 29. Between the woven upper, traction, flightplate, and unlocked zoom cushion in those two... Might be the two best performance Air Jordan’s of all time to me at least

Back
Top Bottom