Which NBA player do you play like?

I was just talking with my homie after playing ball and we were just comparing other people's game to NBA players.

Dude said I play like Matt Bonner.
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Who would you compare yourself to?

David Lee but with better defense and less offense. I tend to get others involved more often than looking for my own shot

from the the players you take moves from thread:

I try to model my game after Paul Pierce, with the outside shooting, upfakes and drives to the hoop.

I realized though, my game is more like Antoine Walker's though, with too much outside shooting, and fakes that lead to missed baskets

laugh.gif

I'd say probably Chris Webber overall...i look to pass first and i'm good from the high post and hitting midrange shots. i can also shoot 3's buti'm kinda streaky. although recently i've been trying to use monta ellis' game.

No lie, i play a lot like Baron Davis minus the cross over dribble. I have pretty good speed, i have the strength, and i post up down low and can score,i'm a pretty good passer, i can do his little step back fade away, and i am a streaky 3pt shooter.

i say juan dixon.

i'm undersized for a shooting guard and not too athletic, but i got a very good jump shot.

As of late it's been rip hamilton like. I run around using people as screens to get open and frustrate my defender. I don't have a three point shotthough.

Like someone said in a thread similar to this. If you had those player's skills, you would be in the NBA.

I'd say Antawn Jamison...just with less of a 3 point shot. Im a mid range shooter. Same style with everything else though.

A couple years ago we had a thread like this, and I said that I didn't know. So I described my game, and left it up to NT.
- money from 3, but I don't shoot them a lot; actually, I don't shoot a lot at all
- more of a role player, setting hard picks, getting tough rebounds, etc.
- very often makes the pass that leads to another pass that leads to a basket (a hockey assist)
- I don't talk a lot of crap to anyone, actually... never; I just play, and have fun doing it
- almost anytime you look at me, you will... WILL... think one of two things (or you might think both): #1. That dude hoops? #2. Did he just wake up... andwalk down here?
- wears a tire around the midsection; definitely not 'out of shape', but my 6-pack is definitely insulated
- and because of that, I am almost always the last one down the court
- clutch when my number's called... which rarely happen, because there is pretty much ALWAYS someone having a better game than me
- clutch on defense when the game's on the line; get a little block, strip, deflection, rebound... something

So someone made a suggestion, and the more I watch him, the more I see that I am definitely his basketball twin; our games are SPOT ON.

Watching him right now against the Spurs, it's just funny how accurate of a suggestion that was by whoever made it.

Mehmet O-ska:

Mehmet-Okur-2006110202_26511.jpg
0111BKN_spurs7_okur_ap.jpg

dyyhard:
Glen Davis - I like to bang on the down low. down low.
roll.gif

Like someone said in a thread similar to this. If you had those player's skills, you would be in the NBA.
Its not the skills you have as a certain player your naming, its who can you most compare yourself to.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

indifferent.gif

its who you play like, not overall skill.

therenegade23:
And it was just as ******ed in that thread as it is in this thread.

Because this isn't a dang scouting report; it's a light-hearted discussion. If you're a pass-first point guard, and the reason you'repass-first is because you're actually not that good of a shooter (and you know it), but you are a good distributor, and you take pride in getting reboundsand running, hoping that you have a couple of people running with you, and you hardly say anything on the court at all, there's nothing wrong with someonesaying, 'Well that sounds like Jason Kidd.'

'Well that sounds like Jason Kidd' is NOT the same as 'Holy crap! You should be in the NBA! You play just like Jason Kidd! I'm serious, callDavid Stern! Send all the teams a highlight reel of yourself!!'

'I play kind of like Jason Kidd' is not the same as 'Yeah, I pretty much dominate point guards every where I go, because I'm just like JasonKidd. I'm actually going to sign a 10-day contract with the Cavs tomorrow, because... I'm kind of a big deal.'

laugh.gif

I've always modeled my game around Damon Stoudamire and recently Chauncy Billups. Mid-range and long range shots are ice. I like to penetrate, hesitate,drive and dish. Mediocre floater and decent defense.

Back
Top Bottom